Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossWhore

VIP Member
Everyone is a Vanessa and noone is a Blair

Julian is not a convincing it girl. An influencer who has no influence? And don't let me start on the "I'm a Bully" speech. Girl shut up. I would have liked it if she pretended about that speech. She needs to be like the influencers we love to hate. She should of can taking aesthetic photos at that rally like these dumb influencers below

influencer-1.jpg

They have everyone very socially aware when we know many people especially influencers are not

Zoya is a 14 year old with a 17 year old boyfriend. Yeah you're socially conscious when you want to be.

And my last rant THE TEACHERS
- Kates voice makes me want to punch her
- Why are they taking photos of students getting changed?
- Why are they GG?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Gamu

VIP Member
I’ve been watching it. I don’t really like any of the characters, they’re all a bit bland so far. Some of the acting (Kate and Aki) makes Curtis Pritchard in Hollyoaks look like Al Pacino. It does get slightly better but it’s hard to be invested.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Gamu

VIP Member
Am I really meant to believe that two sisters are fighting over crusty Obi?

• Haha
Reactions: 7

emm

VIP Member
I’m continuing with the new episodes, I don’t know why 😂 the voice of the blonde gossip girl teacher is SO annoying

Reactions: 6

emm

VIP Member
The characters in the original were largely non sensical but at least they were entertaining, none of them in the new series are remotely interesting

Reactions: 5

Mark81

VIP Member
I watched the new one on iplayer. And did get into it the more it went on, but in trying to be so inclusive and modern, it's kind of dull. By avoiding offending anyone or anything problematic, the drama is missing the stakes never seem that high. The same with all the characters. They all seem a bit too friendly without personal objectives.

The only exception is Max who is developing into a real 3d interesting character and also a pretty good actor.

Reactions: 4

Tublet83

VIP Member
Woah I’m watching this it’s awful 😂

Fashion is boring, New York isn’t really shown and the characters are so boring and predictable in a generation z way.

GossWhore

VIP Member
Screenshot_20230120_145731_Chrome.jpg
Hello Tattlers,

It's GossWhore here. You're number 1 source for all Scandals and BS

It looks like the GG reboot got the boot. And not the Givenchy sharks every influencer seems to have.

They tried be woke.... but it was all.....a yawn

I guess when J started #stopthestory she didn't realise it would be her own she would be stopping

Moment of silence for GG 2021. Kidding. I'll leave you with a quote from B instead
View attachment 1897258

coconochanel

VIP Member
I watched some of the first episode and got bored. If its a new generation why have they got a Dan and Chuck lookalike etc?

emm

VIP Member
I think the reboot is a very "Netflix" version of Gossip Girl, with some bad OTT acting.
The plots are quite cringe-worthy, especially where the teachers are concerned.
Also, Zoya is insufferable!
it reminded me a bit of Emily in Paris in a way, hard to explain what i mean but just boring shallow stuff, nothing really dramatic, very "safe"and dull. I get that a lot of the original gg was VERY problematic, Chuck pimping out Blair, assaulting Dan's sister etc... but there is a way to do an interesting series without that. There is no drama in the new series

GossWhore

VIP Member
Hi all,

It seems the thread has been quiet so I thought i should shake it up a bit

Gossip Girl is coming to the UK. So get your tea and biscuits for Wednesday 25 August at 10.36pm BBC one

Your Queen B is back on your screens

And if you aren't able to make the party. Do catch up on iplayer.

Let's see if the new kids can bring the drama.

Xoxo GossWhore
iPlayer.png

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
There is a post credits scene in the final episode

I know it's awful but I kind of like it. It's easy silly watching. Shame there isn't going to be anymore

Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
I gave up after 2 minutes, a reboot with a gen z edge just isn't appealing 😴

Then again I lost all interest in the original once they left school.

GossWhore

VIP Member
Gossip Girl here, your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite.

Its 2021. B & S have lost their crowns as the Queen's of Mahattan. And I've moved to HBO.

So grab a seat at the Met stairs and let's see what these newbies have to offer.

Can they new GGs bring more drama than the OG? Find out July 8.

I have left you a sneak peek. Don't say I'm never nice.