Gossip Girl Reboot - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The last ep, I don't understand what happened there. What kind of parent would allow their child to go to a protest, maybe believable if parent went too or parent didn't give exact permission for their child to go & child went anyways but 🤷‍♀️

Also in first ep we see Obi walking down stairs to kitchen before going to school and his parents are both there and look happy and supportive of him. The Mother in first ep was def not the lady in latest ep. Her hair was different right? He didn't seem to be scared of his parents before and now he is, so what happened, did they change the script or?

Reactions: 2
Am I really meant to believe that two sisters are fighting over crusty Obi?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I watched the first episode of this last night and enjoyed it pretty much. It's nothing amazing but also not deserving of some of the one-star reviews I've seen. I will say that the teacher storyline is very lame and definitely a weak link - and the writing doesn't seem as sharp or as witty as the original. Also, the fashion doesn't seem as fun and OTT. There's no Blair Waldorf here, although I guess Audrey is modeled on her. They also have Chuck and Dan-alikes.

I liked the nods to the original with the mention of Dan as a novelist and Nate seems to have done something amazing with his life (which is kinda surprising to hear, ha!) although they didn't say what.

I think the reboot is a very "Netflix" version of Gossip Girl, with some bad OTT acting.
The plots are quite cringe-worthy, especially where the teachers are concerned.
Also, Zoya is insufferable!

Reactions: 2
I think the reboot is a very "Netflix" version of Gossip Girl, with some bad OTT acting.
The plots are quite cringe-worthy, especially where the teachers are concerned.
Also, Zoya is insufferable!
it reminded me a bit of Emily in Paris in a way, hard to explain what i mean but just boring shallow stuff, nothing really dramatic, very "safe"and dull. I get that a lot of the original gg was VERY problematic, Chuck pimping out Blair, assaulting Dan's sister etc... but there is a way to do an interesting series without that. There is no drama in the new series

Reactions: 4
Woah I’m watching this it’s awful 😂

Fashion is boring, New York isn’t really shown and the characters are so boring and predictable in a generation z way.

The characters in the original were largely non sensical but at least they were entertaining, none of them in the new series are remotely interesting

Reactions: 5
I watched the new one on iplayer. And did get into it the more it went on, but in trying to be so inclusive and modern, it's kind of dull. By avoiding offending anyone or anything problematic, the drama is missing the stakes never seem that high. The same with all the characters. They all seem a bit too friendly without personal objectives.

The only exception is Max who is developing into a real 3d interesting character and also a pretty good actor.

I have had to stop watching it, jus didn’t enjoy it. It has more potential and it’s a pity

Reactions: 1
I have had to stop watching it, jus didn’t enjoy it. It has more potential and it’s a pity
I just don;t get what they were thinking with it tbh, it is missing absolutely everything that made the original good

Has there been any episodes past ep6? It feels like weeks & I can't see any newer then that?

Has there been any episodes past ep6? It feels like weeks & I can't see any newer then that?
There's a part two (Season 1B) coming out on Thanksgiving! Episodes 7-12, I believe. Not sure how many episodes but I'm guessing six like season 1A.

anybody still watching the new GG? I must say I really disliked the "mee too" plotline in the last episode... and Zoya is still an annoying self righteous little twit

anybody still watching the new GG? I must say I really disliked the "mee too" plotline in the last episode... and Zoya is still an annoying self righteous little twit
Have the new episodes been added to iplayer?