Gordon Ramsay's Future Food Stars - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
9pm

The blurb is a bit weird -

The heat is on. Which entrepreneur has the raw ingredients to succeed, survive and win? Between a life-changing investment stands extreme challenges... and one Gordon Ramsay.
I'm guessing it's just a bit of a twist on Hell's Kitchen without the American style dramatics. But he'll invest in a restaurant or something at the end by the sounds of it

Well gave it a go. It's watchable I guess, as usual there's nobody I really like at the start. It's like the producers went round Camden and picked up a hipster in every bar.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If these are the best food and drink producers in the UK then God help the worst. They couldn't even make a decent cheese toasty and then had the nerve to charge 8 quid for it. If I had been on the team with that vegan woman I would have thrown her off the cliff, not biased just thought she was obnoxious.

Reactions: 6
The man is a twit! His comments about loving Cornwall but hates the Cornish hasn't gone down well here, there's a saying here, don't upset the natives!! Mind you where his house is, you'd be lucky to find a Cornish person, too bloody expensive to live there, full of outsiders!

If these are the best food and drink producers in the UK then God help the worst. They couldn't even make a decent cheese toasty and then had the nerve to charge 8 quid for it. If I had been on the team with that vegan woman I would have thrown her off the cliff, not biased just thought she was obnoxious.
I think the Vegan was thrown in there to play a certain role. And she's not shy about doing it

Reactions: 2
Coincidentally (didn’t know this was on), I spent the weekend bingeing on the original Kitchen Nightmares from the early noughties. That show was absolutely brilliant - Gordon at his best. I was a huge fan back then, it had real heart and humour and Gordon had major BDE. You could tell he was super committed to the success of those restaurants, and the people featured were so interesting and genuine - becoming a reality tv star wouldn’t have crossed their minds.

I miss the Gordon of that era. He’s unbearable in the US version which is formulaic and cynical.

This new vehicle seems really flat and gimicky, Apprentice-lite, but I’ll probably get sucked in anyway.

Reactions: 3
Coincidentally (didn’t know this was on), I spent the weekend bingeing on the original Kitchen Nightmares from the early noughties. That show was absolutely brilliant - Gordon at his best. I was a huge fan back then, it had real heart and humour and Gordon had major BDE. You could tell he was super committed to the success of those restaurants, and the people featured were so interesting and genuine - becoming a reality tv star wouldn’t have crossed their minds.

I miss the Gordon of that era. He’s unbearable in the US version which is formulaic and cynical.

This new vehicle seems really flat and gimicky, Apprentice-lite, but I’ll probably get sucked in anyway.
Yeah I've been watching some of the original Kitchen Nightmares on youtube. Some of it is TV gold! I can't watch any of the American ones as it's instant screaming. He genuinely seemed like he wanted to help the British places,

Reactions: 1

Never actually watched the original Kitchen Nightmares, going to give them a go. Caught the odd bit of the American ones but never got into them.

I will watch #ffs (🙄) as I like a bit of easy to watch tv to wind down to but don’t expect it to be tv gold.

Never actually watched the original Kitchen Nightmares, going to give them a go. Caught the odd bit of the American ones but never got into them.

I will watch #ffs (🙄) as I like a bit of easy to watch tv to wind down to but don’t expect it to be tv gold.
You may be surprised. There is a sincerity and sweetness from Gordon and the participants long since vanished from these shows. I watched The Runaway Girl restaurant one the other night which contains THE greatest frustrated-chef-to-restaurant-owner rant ever captured on TV. 😊

Yeah I've been watching some of the original Kitchen Nightmares on youtube. Some of it is TV gold! I can't watch any of the American ones as it's instant screaming. He genuinely seemed like he wanted to help the British places,
Even Hell's Kitchen, the earlier series of the show are more genuine and real and less screaming and formulaic than the more recent series.

But nothing like as real as the British Kitchen Nightmares. A proper show that actually tries to help people. Would never have worked in America.

• Heart
Going to give it another go tonight and if it's really really bad just bail. Hoping the first episode was to try get people into and it finds its feet with the second

Going to give it another go tonight and if it's really really bad just bail. Hoping the first episode was to try get people into and it finds its feet with the second
I’m going to watch and give it a go as well.

This is one of those programmes you watch from behind the settee, looking through your fingers. They really are an embarrassment to the catering industry tonight. If I was on one of those teams I would have said F This and gone home.

Reactions: 1
This is one of those programmes you watch from behind the settee, looking through your fingers. They really are an embarrassment to the catering industry tonight. If I was on one of those teams I would have said F This and gone home.
Yeah it's like they're all kind of doing it half-arsed. Nobody in the teams seems too troubled which way it goes.

Ridiculous show. Looks like next week they’ll be dangling them above a mountain crevasse in tents. The perfect test for someone who wants to set up a dumpling business or run a wine bar 🙄

• Haha
Ridiculous show. Looks like next week they’ll be dangling them above a mountain crevasse in tents. The perfect test for someone who wants to set up a dumpling business or run a wine bar 🙄
It has the same problem The Apprentice has. The challenges aren't relevant to the business they want to set up and receive investment for. Gordon probably already knew before episode 1 started filming which he was going to invest in.

It has the same problem The Apprentice has. The challenges aren't relevant to the business they want to set up and receive investment for. Gordon probably already knew before episode 1 started filming which he was going to invest in.
Yes good point. I think I’m done with this one!

I’m watching it, very like the Apprentice. Think the stunts are a bit unnecessary and serve no purpose. Let’s face it, the contestants are chosen for their entertainment value, and to fit the format, we have the annoying one, the bossy one, the downtrodden one. Gives plenty of opportunity to criticise and shout at the screen. It is mindless twaddle, but when I’m too tired to lift the remote and find something else, it fits the bill.