Gogglebox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think initially it was genuine banter between them but now I feel like Giles deliberately plays up to the cameras and says stuff to try to be odd/funny and she in turn over plays her reactions for the same reason. It’s the same chat with them every week, it’s a bit boring.

I really like the 3 brothers from Bristol - I think they are really funny and they make me laugh a lot
Yes I like the 3 T's too. They aren't on it enough though.

Reactions: 15
I really like Giles. I used to like both of them but I have been watching all the old series on Netflix (lockdown life y'know) and the way Mary talks to him sometimes is vile. He's not allowed to whistle, to say certain words because it irritates her. Feel sorry for this poor Giles sometimes haha

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really like Giles. I used to like both of them but I have been watching all the old series on Netflix (lockdown life y'know) and the way Mary talks to him sometimes is vile. He's not allowed to whistle, to say certain words because it irritates her. Feel sorry for this poor Giles sometimes haha
She got properly pissy and judgey with him once because he admitted to eating a doughnut. She made it seem like he'd done something evil. That made me dislike her and feel sorry for him.

Reactions: 4
I can't help but laugh when she has a go at him though. I feel like he encourages her to be insulting so he can be scolded like a naughty child. He always has a smirk on his face lol. I used to not like how tom snr would make Julie seem thick but then I realized its probably just a personal issue from seeing my dad do it to my mum for years 😅. I'm sure both Julie and giles aren't as bothered by it as any of us.

And speaking of Julie and Tom snr. I was watching an episode from season 13 last night and they were watching a scene from the baptiste. The girl accidentally drowned herself and everyone was watching her floating body in shock and Sean said "thats just a body now isn't it..." And Julie replied "yeah...the spirit will have already left" 😂😂 and the face tom made had me in stitches.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I get Mary's and Giles' sense of humour it's their shtick that she tells him off and he bloody loves it

Silent Jay! Feel like pure tit, just want him back

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's not the fact that Giles and Mary arte eccentric that annoys me.

She moans way too much and he's an annoying twit. He acts like a naughty child which if that's your kink then you do you but not on TV please. The way he does things to wind her up is irritating and the way he dramatically point the remote at the TV and pushes the button really winds me up 😂 honestly can't stand him, haha.

I love the Welsh couple and the Siddiques (spelling?), loved them trying to call the cat and he had enough and pissed off 😂.

Love the Malones for the dogs only 😂

Reactions: 3
That's the trouble with programs like this, Steph and Dom started to become caricatures of themselves, what started as noticing them have a drink and people online having a laugh , turned into them becoming Keith Floyd and purposely getting pissed for laughs and hamming it up
Sadly when something is good on reality TV it gets done to death before dying out, I just don't see a fresh series of all new people working as they will ham it up, most of the new families are never on, either because they are too quiet , too fake or people have given bad feedback, so they keep the usual ones as they know their roles, but some of us are sick of seeing certain people every week, so it becomes a case of how long is left for gogglebox

Reactions: 15
That's the trouble with programs like this, Steph and Dom started to become caricatures of themselves, what started as noticing them have a drink and people online having a laugh , turned into them becoming Keith Floyd and purposely getting pissed for laughs and hamming it up
Sadly when something is good on reality TV it gets done to death before dying out, I just don't see a fresh series of all new people working as they will ham it up, most of the new families are never on, either because they are too quiet , too fake or people have given bad feedback, so they keep the usual ones as they know their roles, but some of us are sick of seeing certain people every week, so it becomes a case of how long is left for gogglebox
I agree with anyone new you are taking the risk that they are using it for fame and nothing else. I don't think it would work but then I'd glady see the back of some of them.

Pete and Sophie do my head in, you can tell they're playing up for the cameras, I also thought that they were a couple and not brother and sister 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I never saw myself as a prude but can Pete and Sophie give it a rest with the constant sex chat? You’re brother and sister it’s not funny it’s cringe.

Reactions: 13
That was the fakest the have all been collectively, you could tell the producer asked them all to react in the same way to that bloke telling the story
its getting tiresome now when they overreact in a fake way

I've literally laughed out loud constantly in this episode. It's really good .. btw I've never watched bridgeton but I'd climb that fucker like a tree

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've literally laughed out loud constantly in this episode. It's really good .. btw I've never watched bridgeton but I'd climb that fucker like a tree
In that case I’d definitely recommend giving Bridgerton a watch 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.