Gogglebox #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daniel and Stephen have announced they’re splitting
I know this might sound crazy but I’ve recently been watching Season 18 of it and I noticed Daniel is just not giving Stephen the same energy/vibes back… and that’s going back a long time!

Reactions: 10
On the basis of what?...
---

I was taken aback when Mary complimented that knob of a 16 year old and his man bun 🤣
---

I know there's a few sophie/pete haters in the thread but I love their banger and silliness. Love how they really make each other laugh and genuinely like each other.

I've said before but I really love Simon and Jane too. I don't think they'd be any different off camera and again, I love their playfulness with each other. Mocking each other gently and genuinely laughing.

The Siddiquis are always a win.

I think Danielle and Daniella over do it at times. Danielle particularly annoys me sometimes, saying the most obvious stuff and it can sound like she's trying to make small talk out of british weather.

Izzy and Ellie can piss off. I'll say it again, One With Glasses CLEAR YOUR THROAT and One Without Glasses, stop looking above One With Glasses' forehead when you're speaking to her!

... I think I might be a tad too observant when watching people.
The fact he annoys me!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve never liked Stephen! He seems desperate to be famous and a stereotypical nasty gay man. The way that people used to think of gay men. Daniel seems like a nice guy so I’m not surprised they haven’t worked out!

Reactions: 21
I’ve never liked Stephen! He seems desperate to be famous and a stereotypical nasty gay man. The way that people used to think of gay men. Daniel seems like a nice guy so I’m not surprised they haven’t worked out!
I didn’t like him either, he was horrible to Chris, his mum and Daniel.

Reactions: 15
same! he was always so catty with daniel, and used to make really strange comments about how funny it was that his mother/sisters didn’t really like daniel or thought he was pretentious. very much always came across as someone who has to be in charge of any situation, and daniel seemed so easy going and nice that i’m not really surprised either that it hasn’t lasted.

Reactions: 12
same! he was always so catty with daniel, and used to make really strange comments about how funny it was that his mother/sisters didn’t really like daniel or thought he was pretentious. very much always came across as someone who has to be in charge of any situation, and daniel seemed so easy going and nice that i’m not really surprised either that it hasn’t lasted.
Yes, certainly what we saw of them on Gogglebox didn't portray Stephen in a good light. He seemed to enjoy making nasty digs at Daniel who mostly laughed them off. As you said, Daniel seems easygoing and nice.

I was watching an old one recently where he started listing off all the things that Daniel's dad was good at doing, and then there's you, what can you do, kinda thing. Daniel said something like I'm a good hairdresser and Stephen made some jeering comment in return.

He was the same with Chris, always giving him digs, but Chris gave them right back, which was good.

Reactions: 12
Making my own assumptions, but I’d imagine him having a huge temper and taking it out on Daniel after them leaving the show for dancing on ice and it not going as planned… he lost his mum recently too didn’t he? Everything all at once leading to massive arguments!

Reactions: 4
He seems like the type of gay man who thinks he gets a pass on being misogynistic because he doesn't want to duck us

Reactions: 8
It's amusing that they left to pursue other ventures. It was only Stephen who seemed to be after more. His DOI experience hardly worked out, so I'm surprised they haven't come back too Gogglebox

Reactions: 4
He and Chris parted ways quite bitterly too, on leaving Gogglebox - I know they weren't in a relationship at the time.
They were about to leave Gogglebox for another tv opportunity and then he reneged on it, if I remember correctly.

I never understood why they would have to leave Gogglebox for him to do DOI, tbh. I'd say he could have been accommodated and tbh probably wouldn't have gone very far in DOI. But I guess they thought other tv opportunities might come their way afterwards.

Reactions: 5
He and Chris parted ways quite bitterly too, on leaving Gogglebox - I know they weren't in a relationship at the time.
They were about to leave Gogglebox for another tv opportunity and then he reneged on it, if I remember correctly.

I never understood why they would have to leave Gogglebox for him to do DOI, tbh. I'd say he could have been accommodated and tbh probably wouldn't have gone very far in DOI. But I guess they thought other tv opportunities might come their way afterwards.
I read what happened was Chris was supposed to be on gogglebox with someone else and Stephen was supposed to be on with someone else, maybe his mum or Daniel, because Chris said he couldn’t put up with the bullying from Stephen any more but then stephen said if they kept Chris he would leave so they kept Stephen.

When someone else left, maybe Scarlett or Marcus and micha or the two women who had similar names they said they were told they couldn’t do other things because they don’t want ‘celebrities’/well known people on there just ordinary people so they’re not allowed to do any other tv work while they’re on gogglebox.

Reactions: 6
Were Stephen and Chris ever a couple on it or were they always broken up? I only started watching it from the start again recently but I can't remember! He always seemed to put Chris down and belittle him didn't he. I enjoyed Friday nights episode too. Baby reindeer is very good but a tough watch and traumatic in parts so just be warned but very well written and produced.

Reactions: 2
Were Stephen and Chris ever a couple on it or were they always broken up? I only started watching it from the start again recently but I can't remember! He always seemed to put Chris down and belittle him didn't he. I enjoyed Friday nights episode too. Baby reindeer is very good but a tough watch and traumatic in parts so just be warned but very well written and produced.
They were a couple at the start

Sharing this from Digital Spy as usual re tomorrow night's offerings.
I don't know who decides what's on, but it's not me. 😉...

Britain's Got Talent
Baby Reindeer - Netflix
Red Eye - ITV Sunday night drama set on board an airliner
Love Triangle - latest dating show from E4
In With A Shout - ITV Saturday night gameshow
The Yorkshire Vet
This Morning - a feature about bras

Reactions: 3
Sharing this from Digital Spy as usual re tomorrow night's offerings.
I don't know who decides what's on, but it's not me. 😉...

Britain's Got Talent
Baby Reindeer - Netflix
Red Eye - ITV Sunday night drama set on board an airliner
Love Triangle - latest dating show from E4
In With A Shout - ITV Saturday night gameshow
The Yorkshire Vet
This Morning - a feature about bras
Looks entertaining. Hopefully will be good.

Reactions: 1
I must say I really do not miss the mother and son in the slightest. I always try to give new goggleboxers a chance, even if I don't take to them straightaway. I found her especially tiresome. Trying too hard.

Reactions: 7
I must say I really do not miss the mother and son in the slightest. I always try to give new goggleboxers a chance, even if I don't take to them straightaway. I found her especially tiresome. Trying too hard.
I felt like a lot of what they said was planned in advance. Sometimes she would tell a story or anecdote that was very tenuously linked to what they were watching as well which made me think they thought of funny stories and shoehorned them in rather than it being natural.

Reactions: 2