Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our favourites are Giles & Mary, the Siddiqui's, the Malones, the Welsh couple in Carmarthen are ok, Marina & Mary in the flat were good too, r.i.p Mary
The show could do with a bit of pruning, & bin Tremayne & Tristan etc, the Durham thickos, the 2 sisters in Leeds.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Our favourites are Giles & Mary, the Siddiqui's, the Malones, the Welsh couple in Carmarthen are ok, Marina & Mary in the flat were good too, r.i.p Mary
The show could do with a bit of pruning, & bin Tremayne & Tristan etc, the Durham thickos, the 2 sisters in Leeds.
The 3 T's don't bother me as they are rarely shown as often as other families. Fully agree about the Durham girls and the Leeds sisters. I would also say the same about the husband & wife - the woman who is always laying on the sofa. Shows how much I have taken notice of them as I can't even remember their names! I would add the new, not so new Baggs family to the list. They appeared a few series ago, disappeared but were not missed, yet are back again o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I like the Siddiqui's, one of the brothers did a really good online training session for my students. I also like Sophie and Pete, the brothers (Tristan +2), the Malones, the Welsh couple. Giles and Mary make me laugh, though I wouldn't like them in real life. I also like the Leeds sisters.

Not keen on the Essex family or the man and woman (woman is always laid out on the sofa looking like she's ready to be hand fed grapes).

I wonder what's gone on with Paige (hence why I found this thread). She has a very high opinion of herself...

Reactions: 11
Feel like I've seen so many articles about gogglebox not providing enough aftercare etc. While I do agree that they should get some support, I also think that nobody forced you to apply? You know its a popular TV show and that people will probably be making comments about you on social media. Just don't apply for the show lol??

Reactions: 9
Feel like I've seen so many articles about gogglebox not providing enough aftercare etc. While I do agree that they should get some support, I also think that nobody forced you to apply? You know its a popular TV show and that people will probably be making comments about you on social media. Just don't apply for the show lol??
I get the impression that the recruitment process is very fast. Gogglebox do not take appilcations, the producers go out on to the streets and look for potential participants and then pitch the prospect of joining the show to them. Paige, for example was poached when she was in the hair salon. The producers will tell participants how great the show is and how strong the support network is because they want them to join. Television is renowned for its superb care for its talent, so anyone looking in would think this be the case at Gogglebox. However, it seems not. It also sounds as though Paige and Sally were messed around, being asked to stand in when the well known families like Pete & Sophie and The Malones weren't available.

Reactions: 3
Surely they put on being so thick. No way did she really thing paella was French 😩
I really think they are that stupid tbh, having seen one episode of love isand I do not doubt anything anymore :ROFLMAO: My favs are definitely the Siddiqis, and I also like the welsh couple. I used to like the friends who live in the caravan park but I think now they are just playing up to the cameras too much

I get the impression that the recruitment process is very fast. Gogglebox do not take appilcations, the producers go out on to the streets and look for potential participants and then pitch the prospect of joining the show to them. Paige, for example was poached when she was in the hair salon. The producers will tell participants how great the show is and how strong the support network is because they want them to join. Television is renowned for its superb care for its talent, so anyone looking in would think this be the case at Gogglebox. However, it seems not. It also sounds as though Paige and Sally were messed around, being asked to stand in when the well known families like Pete & Sophie and The Malones weren't available.
I know nothing about TV so had no idea aftercare was a thing tbh, would the average person assume this? At this stage, gogglebox has been on SUCH a long time I don;t know how you could not have an idea of what you were getting into

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’ll be honest if I was asked to join Gogglebox aftercare wouldn’t even enter my thoughts. I’m sitting on my sofa watching television I’m not going to war.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I love the Bags family on tiktok, they’re bloody hilarious. But on gogglebox they’re not all that actually are they 😬

I’ll be honest if I was asked to join Gogglebox aftercare wouldn’t even enter my thoughts. I’m sitting on my sofa watching television I’m not going to war.
To be honest I think Paige was talking a load of bollocks. I saw one of her beefs was Pete and Sophie being chosen to attend the NTA's and not her.
She sounded like she thinks she's more popular than she is talking about going to shops in the evening to avoid people etc. I'm sure she was coming out with anti tax stuff which maybe why she was saying she wasn't allowed opinions. I know pete said he was having the vaccine but he wasn't anti tax.

She'll be back in obscurity where she belongs. Get over yourself love.

Reactions: 12
To be honest I think Paige was talking a load of bollocks. I saw one of her beefs was Pete and Sophie being chosen to attend the NTA's and not her.
She sounded like she thinks she's more popular than she is talking about going to shops in the evening to avoid people etc. I'm sure she was coming out with anti tax stuff which maybe why she was saying she wasn't allowed opinions. I know pete said he was having the vaccine but he wasn't anti tax.

She'll be back in obscurity where she belongs. Get over yourself love.
Yep , I agree .
I want to know what the ‘irreversible fallout’ with her mum was that they’re not speaking

Reactions: 4
Oh no, just when I said the Siddiqui's are the most genuine, Bhangra dancing - really? I could more understand Marcus 'chair dancing' Bashment as he has some good moves! Shame about Mica's skipping though.

WTF is a trumble? The two Durham girls commenting on Strictly - get rid. LOL, one of their dad's wants to take his daughter on a safari. I would say, take both of them... and leave them there...

WOW! The Baggs family actually said quite a lot this week - for what it was worth. At last, I finally know the names of 'Mrs laid back' and her husband - Sue & Steve. Yes, It's true about female moustaches and male extra ear hair.

Giles still makes me laugh - Gordon Ramsey turning up at the haunted hotel/cafe. I notice Stephen & husband were not featured so much this week, thankfully. Again, I have to say I prefer Pete without his annoying laughing hyena sister, Sophie.

The best episode so far this series - interesting and very moving programmes reviewed, plus a bit of silliness with Come Dine With Me - everything deep-fried.

Reactions: 5
WTF is a trumble? The two Durham girls commenting on Strictly - get rid. LOL, one of their dad's wants to take his daughter on a safari. I would say, take both of them... and leave them there...
I really hope they aren't as thick as they come across on this show. :confused:

I'm really not sure what to think. At first their ignorance was embarrassing, now I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing on it.
i think it’s definitely put on - and noticed they like to promote working class women as quite stupid. I am sure C4 would deny that, but it’s far too coincidental for me.

Reactions: 7
The Baggs family did make me laugh when the Mum was berating the Dad for encouraging the younger son to top up the petrol in his hire car.

It's nice for me to see some of the usually lesser featured regulars getting more airtime now. We saw Tremaine, Twaine, and Tristan along with Sue and Steve having their own little segments last night. I still find Dave and Shirley the most enjoyable, they bounce very well off each other and seem very genuine.

Reactions: 9
Love Marcus and big Mich (though mainly Marcus😁).
Having just the two of them together now, rather than when Mica's daughters were also featured, is so much better. I love their banter - Marcus always trying to wind up Mica, but if he goes too far, she just cuts him dead with one of 'her looks' Yes, I also ❤ the two of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.