Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think that what they make from the show is quite low? Apparently it's £1,500 a month. Considering how popular the show is, and how popular many of the families are, it just seems fairly low. Then again I'm not sure what correct amount would be for a show like that.
This is just an extra bit of cash to them. And really what do they have to do? They are being paid to watch a bit of tv & try to be funny.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think that what they make from the show is quite low? Apparently it's £1,500 a month. Considering how popular the show is, and how popular many of the families are, it just seems fairly low. Then again I'm not sure what correct amount would be for a show like that.
I know what you mean, because it’s such a popular show what are C4 doing with the rest of the money? I wonder how they split it between families, is it the amount of airtime etc?

Reactions: 3

No need to air the dirty laundry of family business in public. Surprise she's got the time outside of how much she tampers with the photos she posts online that look nothing like her real self on TV.

Reactions: 7
how many hours do they have to film? As someone else said it is just extra money anyway, would love to be paid for watching tv :ROFLMAO: I wonder if the younger children get the same as the adults?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s £1,500 per group, so if you’re a couple or a family of 5 it’s the same rate, as far as I know it’s 9 hours a week filming.

Whatever they get it's enough that Ellie and Izzie can spend £60 on a box of cakes 🤣

back when it started I think they used to get a lot less than but they got a take away thrown in.

Whatever they get it's enough that Ellie and Izzie can spend £60 on a box of cakes 🤣

back when it started I think they used to get a lot less than but they got a take away thrown in.
They still get food and drinks provided for them as far as I’m aware!

Reactions: 4
That girl Paige. Wow. What a bleeping EGO this one has.

Well, firstly the recruitment consultant is also a DIRECTOR, TV STAR & BUSINESS OWNER.
Mmm ok.

The fact that she keeps attempting to drum interest in the story about her mum, and no one cares - now she claim death threats ? Which for some reason I don’t believe. Or the time claimed she has to go shopping late at night due to being MOBBED ?
Mmm ok.

I think it boils down to the fact she wasn’t one of the shoe favourites with the public and she’s had an almighty strop about it. No one cares about the feud between her and her mum, or even her. She’s not famous, she’s just on a show that’s popular - that doesn’t constitute being a TV STAR.

If you read her tweets …. One delusional fuckwit.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Just watching, that was bad between Jim Davidson and Ashley, Jim d really showed himself up as a total bellend!

Reactions: 10
That girl Paige. Wow. What a bleeping EGO this one has.

Well, firstly the recruitment consultant is also a DIRECTOR, TV STAR & BUSINESS OWNER.
Mmm ok.

The fact that she keeps attempting to drum interest in the story about her mum, and no one cares - now she claim death threats ? Which for some reason I don’t believe. Or the time claimed she has to go shopping late at night due to being MOBBED ?
Mmm ok.

I think it boils down to the fact she wasn’t one of the shoe favourites with the public and she’s had an almighty strop about it. No one cares about the feud between her and her mum, or even her. She’s not famous, she’s just on a show that’s popular - that doesn’t constitute being a TV STAR.

If you read her tweets …. One delusional fuckwit.
Haha she's not important, just another member of Gogglebox. They've brought new people in and honestly, does anybody remember her any longer? She's likely erased from people's minds at this point. Many people feel they're more important than they really are.

Something not right with the ole Googlebox for me personally, before I would have never missed it! Now I'm reading this thread instead of watching it. Seems a bit played out now, not sure even changing the people would help.
Giles and Mary will forever be my favs.
I love the Welsh couple and a few others but think it's time up for some of the rest.

Reactions: 9
I’m the same, will watch it if I’m home on a Friday night and nothing else has caught my eye. Otherwise not really arsed. Is it overexposed? Seems to be on most of the year these days

Reactions: 4
New people..Simon & Jane
Considering it was their first programme, I found them more interesting than all the times the Baggs family has been featured.

Not the best episode IMO.

All fell a bit flat and where where Lee and Jenny?
I'm all over the place this series. The first episode bored me, but the following ones were not too bad until last night's. It was flat. I didn't miss Jenny & Lee at all. They used to be one of my favourite couples, but not any more as everything they do just seems so contrived. I think this is why I am losing interest as so much is so obviously staged now. FGS, Sue and Steve hardly ever say anything, yet there was Steve posing in lycra cycling shorts - Really?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Considering it was their first programme, I found them more interesting than all the times the Baggs family has been featured.

I'm all over the place this series. The first episode bored me, but the following ones were not too bad until last night's. It was flat. I didn't miss Jenny & Lee at all. They used to be one of my favourite couples, but not any more as everything thing they do just seems so contrived. I think this is why I am losing interest as so much is so obviously staged now. FGS, Sue and Steve hardly ever say anything, yet there was Steve posing in lycra cycling shorts - Really?
This series is very flat, the loss of the Michaels, Pete & Linda, Marina & Mary has been very noticeable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.