Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it is because I am becoming am a grumpy old bag, but Gogglebox bores me now. I have watched it for years and always look for to the new (non-celeb) series, but last night it just didn't grab me. I already expected certain reactions as they are the same old, same old. Is it because we now know the Goggleboxers far too well? They all have their own shtick that has been done to death, IMO.

I will watch again next week as perhaps I wasn't fully focused yesterday.

Reactions: 16
Just watching the latest Celebrity Googlebox, and I cannot see a single white person on there commenting ....
I don't usually notice this sort of stuff.
Have I missed something?
I am all for diversity, but C4...

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Just watching the latest Celebrity Googlebox, and I cannot see a single white person on there commenting ....
I don't usually notice this sort of stuff.
Have I missed something?
I am all for diversity, but C4...
That was intentional. It was Channel 4's diversity day. There was a proper name for what they called the day, I just can't remember it. They put non-white people on all their shows, told their stories gave them a platform exclusively for a day.

Reactions: 15
That was intentional. It was Channel 4's diversity day. There was a proper name for what they called the day, I just can't remember it. They put non-white people on all their shows, told their stories gave them a platform exclusively for a day.
It was the Black to Front Project

Reactions: 6
I thought it was great! Good for C4 👏
And it looks like the project is still upsetting all the right people over a week later 😂
One day of all non white people, is so awful. When every other day is nearly entirely white people.

Don't you know that the world explodes when TV doesn't have a white person on it for ten minutes. It's the end of the world.

I like what Channel 4 do, hopefully they can do more stuff like it, unless they get privatised then it will just be the same shite that itv produce.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Does anyone know what happened between Paige and her mum? Apparently Paige said they’ve fallen out and it’s beyond repair or sometbing

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I think there’s probably more to Paige leaving than we’ll ever know.I wonder if the “falling out” is a cover for other things.

Wasn’t it her who was sharing some covid/vaccine misinformation/conspiracies or have I got mixed up ? I know Pete said he wasn’t getting the jab but that was a really long time ago probably before his Mrs was pregnant so probably has had it by now. So I wonder if that’s been an issue.

I think the Paige and her mum thing is something to do with a stepdad/Mum’s boyfriend. Could be wrong but that was my first thought when I read what she posted.

Reactions: 2
Am I a terrible person for hoping Gogglebox wanting new people means they’ll get rid of the Durham girls?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Giles - "This year you'll need your vests Mary because they're going to turn the gas off"
😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have got my mojo back again and have taken time to watch properly this week.

By far, the Siddiqui's are my favourite family, even with the interchangeable sons! The most genuine with amusing comments and don't play up to the cameras.

My next favourites are Mica and Marcus - seems like they have a great relationship. Even with the cheap supermarket flowers!

In the minority here, but I like Giles and Mary - or I like Giles winding up Mary.

I quite like the Wesh couple - again the husband, Dave winding up the wife, Shirley.

I used to love Jenny and Lee, but now their antics are far too contrived. The Leeds girls bore me with their constant eating or talk about food. Fully agree about the thicko Durham girls - not knowing the difference between French, Italian and Spanish food - get rid ASAP!

Stephen and his husband are still as boring as ever with Stephen thinking he is very funny when he isn't. I don't mind Pete too much, but can't stand Sophie.

Thank goodness that awful Essex (?) family - mum & dad with the 2 boys were not featured too much tonight, but still more than I would like. They are a waste of time and space, IMO.

Reactions: 18
I actually watched that 'Sex Actually' programme. Strangely compelling and I thought Alice Levine was great. Very Louis Theroux like.

Good episode tonight. I enjoy Giles and Mary still.

😫😫😫😫😫I hate watching things in the evening on tv as I know one of my kids are going to come downstairs at the wrong moment, they're 14,16 and 18 so not going to be scarred for life, but still. My youngest came down whilst Alice Levine was sat on the bed with 4 willy dildos. My sky box is behind my tv so you have to Point it at a certain angle to pause it and it took ages to pause, yep on the dildos🙈🙈I was trying to tell him it was Gogglebox and he was just like 'Riiiiiiiiiiight😶' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I actually watched that 'Sex Actually' programme. Strangely compelling and I thought Alice Levine was great. Very Louis Theroux like.

Good episode tonight. I enjoy Giles and Mary still.
How desperate must you be for work to accept that gig? Not talking about the sex performers but Alice.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.