Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he is a nice guy and Stephen is not very nice to him at times. Seems to like belittling him.
Glad I'm not the only one to have noticed this. Daniel always seems to be sweet towards Stephen, so it's sad that he rarely seems to reciprocate the kindness. Of course, we don't have the full picture and their offscreen relationship might be great (some people just have an abrasive sense of humour) but it doesn't come across on TV. Worth noting that his ex-bf/former Gogglebox co-star, Chris, said as much when he left the show.

Reactions: 9
I'm still reading the previous thread and I am crying laughing at some of the comments. 😂

Anne and Ken seem to have disappeared. They weren't very entertaining. He used to say hello pet to the newsreaders. I think she might have been a bit of fun if she got a chance.

Reactions: 7
Glad I'm not the only one to have noticed this. Daniel always seems to be sweet towards Stephen, so it's sad that he rarely seems to reciprocate the kindness. Of course, we don't have the full picture and their offscreen relationship might be great (some people just have an abrasive sense of humour) but it doesn't come across on TV. Worth noting that his ex-bf/former Gogglebox co-star, Chris, said as much when he left the show.
agreed. in particular, the moment a few weeks ago where he implied that his mother had made snide comments about daniel ordering (i think) champagne when they were out for brunch was particularly nasty. i also feel like he can't take it when daniel, rarely, tries to tease him back.

Reactions: 5
I'm just reading back, and I see that the rumour was that Sally slept with Paige's boyfriend!

Has to have been something fairly bad anyway for the relationship between mother and daughter to fall apart as it did.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Just watching a repeat here. It's the one where Simon and Jane first appeared. They have settled in really well, I think.

Reactions: 15
I like Ellie and Izzi. I thought Ellie seemed a bit distracted at times last night. Glad that things are improving with Nat.
Yeah shes obviously struggling to concentrate on it all but probably needs the money more than ever hasnt it been a strange time lately its like lots of tragic things are happening all the time dont know just seems like more so than ever 😢

Yeah wasn't he really abusive to him? I mean it looks like banter but who knows what goes on🤷

Reactions: 2
Yeah shes obviously struggling to concentrate on it all but probably needs the money more than ever hasnt it been a strange time lately its like lots of tragic things are happening all the time dont know just seems like more so than ever 😢

Yeah wasn't he really abusive to him? I mean it looks like banter but who knows what goes on🤷
I looked up Chris, I gather he went through a very bad time overall and that Stephen was no help, to say the least.
I think Chris was better able to give Stephen digs right back, whereas Daniel mostly laughs and lets things pass by.

I agree with the comment above about Stephen being very insecure. I think the real person is well hidden apart from the jibes at whoever is on the couch with him.
And again, I must qualify the above by saying that of course we only see snippets of all of their lives. 😁

Reactions: 3
The pregnant one worried me a bit when she said she's only just feeling kicks? If she is due in July she is over 30 weeks....
From the dopey way she said it, it was like it was news to her that she has a baby inside her.
Didn't she say the boyfriend/ partner told her it was the baby kicking. 🙄 I hope his IQ is a bit higher.

Reactions: 4
From the dopey way she said it, it was like it was news to her that she has a baby inside her.
Didn't she say the boyfriend/ partner told her it was the baby kicking. 🙄 I hope his IQ is a bit higher.
Maybe she thought it was her stomach rumbling 😂

• Haha
I preferred his hair how it was before. I hope it was his choice to cut. He seems a nice bloke. Sometimes Stephen says some real nasty things to him.

god that episode of the repair shop really got me 🥲 i do think it’s lovely how emotional pete always is with things like that (and how sophie fully expects him to cry).

i wish they’d actually reacted to sam on eurovision though rather than randomly watching norway!

Reactions: 11
I was out of the room when the bit about the jubilee part started. My teen shouted too me 'mum, Mary is crying about the Queen again!'

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.