Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw on TikTok the other day that Pete, Sophie and (I assume) the rest of their family (could’ve been actors though) were on a talk talk advert before they were on gogglebox.
I’ve not liked them since day 1 and my opinion has never changed.

I don’t understand why people dislike Ellie and Izzy. I don’t love them but they don’t bother me either.

If I was asked who to axe then, without hesitation, my choice would be Pete and Sophie, followed by the Baggs family.

Reactions: 8
I like Ellie and Izzi. I thought Ellie seemed a bit distracted at times last night. Glad that things are improving with Nat.

Reactions: 5

I don’t understand why people dislike Ellie and Izzy. I don’t love them but they don’t bother me either.

If I was asked who to axe then, without hesitation, my choice would be Pete and Sophie, followed by the Baggs family.
Ellie and Izzy annoy me when they spend so much time talking about junk food. But they aren't the worst people on the show.

And it was nice seeing them back and hearing Ellie talking to Nat because it means he must be on the road of recovery. Which is always positive.

Reactions: 7
I feel like I'm in the minority but I love Pete & Sophie and they always make me laugh the most. They had me laughing loads last night.

Good to see Ellie & izzy back too

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have just been reading this thread and the previous one, some hilarious comments 😂. I like most of the goggleboxers, some more than others, of course. I love the Siddiquis and the three Ts.

Abbie and Georgia really don't entertain me at all. I hope they are not as dim as they appear on the programme.

Reactions: 9
I don’t like Stephen and whatshisname, I don’t like lee, I don’t like Giles but he’s funny to watch, I don’t like the baggs family.

I like everyone else, I think they just get annoying because we see so much of them. They should double the amount of ‘families’ on there, show slightly less of them or show different ones each week and drop the ‘skits’.

Reactions: 3

The only ones that play up to the camera with scripted pre planned rubbish as much as Pete and Sophie is Jenny and Lee. You can tell both pairings before filming starts go through with one another what they are going to say for 'laughs' and it shows because it doesn't come across natural.

The only ones that play up to the camera with scripted pre planned rubbish as much as Pete and Sophie is Jenny and Lee. You can tell both pairings before filming starts go through with one another what they are going to say for 'laughs' and it shows because it doesn't come across natural.
I agree about the ones you mentioned, pre planning stuff and playing to the camera.
Stephen does, as well, big time.

I still like Jenny and Lee but they definitely plan stuff rather than appearing naturally funny, as they used to. Lee for a while, a couple of series back, was borderline nasty in some things he said to Jenny but seems to have pulled back. I know they are friends and well able to have digs at one another but he was taking it to a point where it didn't come across well.

Reactions: 6
I really don't know, or are they playing to the camera.
One of them said she works as a something clerk - finance clerk? Bank clerk? It sounded responsible anyway 😂 and the other is pregnant, so I really hope they’re playing ‘joey Essex’ because they’ve seen how popular he was/is and how funny people find ‘dim’ people. Like on love island when that girl thought brexit meant we wouldn’t have any trees and it was played over and over - maybe they’re hoping to go viral.

One of them said she works as a something clerk - finance clerk? Bank clerk? It sounded responsible anyway 😂 and the other is pregnant, so I really hope they’re playing ‘joey Essex’ because they’ve seen how popular he was/is and how funny people find ‘dim’ people. Like on love island when that girl thought brexit meant we wouldn’t have any trees and it was played over and over - maybe they’re hoping to go viral.
Yes, that's right. I forget the exact description, I know it involved the word clerk. 😂

The one who is pregnant sounds like someone will have to explain using pictures and very small words how the baby will be born, when the time comes...

Reactions: 2
Yes, that's right. I forget the exact description, I know it involved the word clerk. 😂

The one who is pregnant sounds like someone will have to explain using pictures and very small words how the baby will be born, when the time comes...
If she’s genuinely as dim as she comes across, I’d like to see her putting the kids toys away. You know when you need to put the shapes in the shape sorter thing and stack the rings in size order etc. How will she help with puzzles and homework?
I’m sure it’s just her acting.

• Haha
His lips are strange, the texture is very dry and parched. He seems to wear a lot of make up which makes him look a bit garden gnomish

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is who he reminds me of, in that photo.
I think he is a nice guy and Stephen is not very nice to him at times. Seems to like belittling him.
Steven seems to have a very nasty streak. I think he’s incredibly insecure

Reactions: 15
Steven seems to have a very nasty streak. I think he’s incredibly insecure
I agree. As I was typing my earlier post I was thinking of one night where he told Daniel that when they were out for a meal earlier, all he could see was Daniel's nose hair. Absolute head comment.

And then he proceeded to insist on removing the hair. All for airtime of course, but I thought what a nasty creep he was to say something like that, in the first place.

Reactions: 8
I agree. As I was typing my earlier post I was thinking of one night where he told Daniel that when they were out for a meal earlier, all he could see was Daniel's nose hair. Absolute head comment.

And then he proceeded to insist on removing the hair. All for airtime of course, but I thought what a nasty creep he was to say something like that, in the first place.
There was another occasion where Daniel actually said something back to Stephen, I can’t remember if it was this weeks episode or last weeks, and you could see Stephen was SEETHING, really vicious look on his face. He can dish it out but he can’t take it! He ‘turned’ so quickly it was actually quite shocking!

with everyone who’s sat with him on the couch he’s a nasty bastard. There is a difference between banter and being a nasty vicious prick!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.