Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bumblebees19

VIP Member
IMG_6345.jpeg

Aside from the fact this is both deeply embarrassing and an inappropriate use of Trustpilot, it’s absolutely sending me that even on this beg for attention it’s only worth three stars 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45

bumblebees19

VIP Member
IMG_6511.jpeg
People will always tar Tattle with the bully brush but it’s incredibly strongly moderated and it’s easy to report a post if you think someone has gone over what’s acceptable. It always seems to me that people confuse criticism (albeit sometimes said very bluntly and directly) with trolling. I’ve never seen a post here to encourage people to write bad reviews, or reviews of any sort, for example.

If a creator is willing to take all the positives that come with selling their lives for money and monetise their relationship with their audience, then they also have to accept they will find audiences that hold them to account in a different way than their fans will.

I don’t think any of us wish Becca harm, and I’ve happily said she had some great ideas in amongst everything, but she absolutely shut down with any criticism and it snowballed from there.

My friend at work was in her WhatsApp group which is how I got to know her and she even shared this in our work Slack channel as an awful digital onboarding experience. How can these be the two options?!

Her marathon page hasn’t had any further donations but I hope she’s able to use this as a learning opportunity and run the marathon and take some strength from that for her next step.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
I’m so curious to know what’s happened with the ‘business’ has it just completely shut down mid month and they’re refunding people? What about the team of ‘senior’ coaches?! All very very strange
I think it's one of these:

A. Her and Chris have split and she can't hack telling everyone.

B. Something has gone badly wrong with the 'business' that involves legal action/trading standards and/or taxman (this one is probably most likely)

Reactions: 15

hytuhh

Chatty Member
One thing that annoys me with social media is people will overshare on every single thing, but then suddenly expect privacy and disappear without an explanation. Sorry, we the people need answers 😭

Like, we knew about Becca's eating habits, relationship with alcohol, dating history, engagement, wedding planning, natural cycles, running, hobbies, interests... I'm sure there's more. But now she's like okay that's done, bye! Feel like I've been ghosted

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Runner1

Chatty Member
She should have stuck at her main job and just grown Tik tok as a side hustle. It feels wild we have gone to knowing when she’s ovulating to her disappearing in a puff of smoke!

Reactions: 12

bumblebees19

VIP Member
I feel almost sad for her, if we assume she wasn’t using the marathon for content, then it was something she seemed like pretty passionate about and it’s like she’s just thrown the towel in on everything because it all got too much for her on social media.

However, I do suspect the marathon and running stuff was more just for content/to project an image of herself that she actually wasn’t. Remember she barely racked up many weekly runs and never stuck to her glow up run plans…buuut it does feel quite a shame if she has packed in all this stuff that she said made her feel her best self etc because she couldn’t handle the criticism she started to face on socials.

I feel like she could be such a good example for young people who want to be ‘influencers’ of how you can get it all wrong, and how it isn’t for everyone especially if you can’t take criticism and learn from it/adapt etc. I think she’d be such an interesting case study and it would be such a nice summary if she’d just pop up and tell us what happened before signing off for good 😂
I do have quite complex feeling about her, her content, and how she left social. Some of her choices were awful, and indefensible, but I think she also got caught up in having to be various characters (I'm thinking intense Barbie hen-do Becca, coutryside chic Becca) and really got lost in there. I'd love her to come back in a really stripped back and authentic way, and just be herself.

Reactions: 10

bumblebees19

VIP Member
That’s the final bit of the story, her company has been applied to be struck off, so it’s not trading and is closing. I hope she’s found a better way to earn money, has decent support, and has a happier offline life.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9

hytuhh

Chatty Member
There's 2 5* reviews written in the last day or so, and both seem very similar in their wording and the fact they both address Becca is not a 'scam artist'. They both only have that 1 review on their profile, and both wish Becca while well loosely addressing that maybe things could have been made a little different/better.

I'm not saying they are Becca, but I'm not not saying that either...

hytuhh

Chatty Member
I don't really think it's anything to do with her relationship tbf, I think it's more to do with the business side of things. Her last Trustpilot review was heavily focused on misrepresentation of her fundraising around Macmillan/London Marathon, so I wonder if someone had taken complaints further than Trustpilot

HairyMaclary

Chatty Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s had a complete meltdown over trustpilot reviews as I believe they ask for evidence that you used the service and can’t just be reported and removed (Dan wheeler thread comes to mind). Shes created a tiny echo chamber for herself whereby she’s always on some self improvement gig which becomes her whole thing and any questions about it no matter how valid are seen as negativity and swiftly blocked/deleted.
To all the positive vibes only huns, that’s not really life, it’s pretty toxic actually

I always got the impression she really didn’t like running, and did it as it’s an efficient way to burn calories in a short space of time

Reactions: 8

Dobbythehouseelf

If she ever pops by and reads here- I hope you are ok. I didn't agree with how she was running her lifestyle brand stuff, but hopefully she has learned from it and is happy enjoying life offline.

• Heart

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Snack and Glow Becker 🤣
Quite a few comments on this tiktok directing people here! And mentioning the shocking Trustpilot reviews. Tbh she can either disappear as she has and stay gone, or rebrand and come back and just do the usual influencer thing of not addressing a thing lol

Attachments

• Haha

Littlemonkey14

Does anyone know if she’s okay? I can’t beleive she’s disappeared still. I wonder if anyone who knows her friends or family or Chris is on here who could tell us what is going on. Seems so abrupt to just disappear

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Kinda sad to see the end of her so suddenly. I had hoped she would address all the criticism and use her platform for good, as she had all the potential to create a really good community. She was always way too fragile for social media, if you put yourself out there you have to prepare to face scrutiny

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
So what do we think happened?

I wouldn't be suprised if her and Chris have broken up and she can't face explaining why or answering questions why her muched hyped wedding isn't happening?

Reactions: 7

justneedtocomment

Nope. She isn't listed anywhere under either Becca or Rebecca.
I feel almost sad for her, if we assume she wasn’t using the marathon for content, then it was something she seemed like pretty passionate about and it’s like she’s just thrown the towel in on everything because it all got too much for her on social media.

However, I do suspect the marathon and running stuff was more just for content/to project an image of herself that she actually wasn’t. Remember she barely racked up many weekly runs and never stuck to her glow up run plans…buuut it does feel quite a shame if she has packed in all this stuff that she said made her feel her best self etc because she couldn’t handle the criticism she started to face on socials.

I feel like she could be such a good example for young people who want to be ‘influencers’ of how you can get it all wrong, and how it isn’t for everyone especially if you can’t take criticism and learn from it/adapt etc. I think she’d be such an interesting case study and it would be such a nice summary if she’d just pop up and tell us what happened before signing off for good 😂

Reactions: 7