Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Shania Twain sounded like karaoke. Like I know that’s a Shania song and I know that’s Shania but it sounds absolutely nothing like her. Felt like a Drag Queen set at times. Side note - she has a fantastic figure.
They should have swapped SZA with Avril. The skinny of SZA fans crying online about Brits having piano teeth and being racist about SZA is hilarious - she doesn’t have enough of a back catalogue to be a headliner. Emily Eavis desperately wants Glastonbury to be diverse which I get but she has done more harm than good because this was a lot of people’s first introduction to SZA and all they’ll remember is the girl who couldn’t sing. Janelle Monae also had a thin crowd on the Pyramid stage - I really think she would have benefitted from the smaller stages.

The meme’s from last night have been great though.
IMG_9575.jpeg

IMG_9577.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9579.jpeg
IMG_9580.jpeg

---
Just watching Sugababes. They have such catchy songs, but whenever I see them perform I'm always reminded of a 6th form talent show. Like they've got 3 random girls who can sing a bit, but do not gel whatsoever.
Oh my god yes! Put into words what I’ve felt about them for ages!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

zetta buttons

VIP Member
same! bedshaped in particular made me 👵🏻 i used to listen to that when i was feeling particularly angsty over a guy who lived in the same student halls as me 🤣 can’t be 20 years ago as i’m only 25 now obviously 🥲
I saw them on the one show a few weeks ago and irrationally burst into tears. I think it’s because they are my age and to see them look so old was a massive wake up call. Those 20 years. Where TF have they gone?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I just remembered when they did the collaboration with Viola Beach, can’t believe it was 8 years ago now. That was a really lovely thing to do.
---
Chris Martin’s vigorous hip thrusting when playing the piano is somewhat distracting.

Last edited:

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I don’t get why Coldplay are headlining. Again. I know they are still super popular but I feel like they are done when it comes to being a Glastonbury headliner.
---
Really enjoyed Seventeen’s set. Never heard of them before but it was really fun. The last song was really catchy. Also enjoyed Olivia Dean. Again not heard of her before but she’s on my Spotify list now.
Coldplay headline because they don’t charge the festival, as has been discussed the festival costs an awful lot of money to put on and the proceeds go to various charities. Rumours are Madonna should have been the Sunday headliner and she wanted £££, Chris does it for free cos he’s friends with the Eavises and he also credits their success to Michael putting faith in them back in the early days.

Seventeen where my pick this year, the crowd was tiny which was great for me as I managed to get down the front, but given that they have Taylor Swift status in Asia must have been odd for the band, the rest of my festival is now sponsored by the words ‘very nice’ 😂

Just gutted they put Sugababes on the relatively small West Holts, I only stayed in the field for the first song because the crush was scary 😢

I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the fuck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX
Stevie Nicks would have been AWESOME!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Luce0331

VIP Member
Kind of ironic that Glasto got backlash last year for the lack of female headliners, now they got one no one turns up to see her 💀
Saying that though Sza just isn’t big enough over here

hogwartsgraduate

Chatty Member
SZAs small audience is being blamed on mic issues by the daily fail and people wanting to beat the traffic and get home by The Independent lol! The Guardian gave it a glowing review on the other hand with a faint whiff of her target audience (teenage girls) not being the Glastonbury demographic.

They dropped the ball putting her on as headliner, shame!

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
I'm loving Dua Lipa! I enjoy the fact she's just brought her full on pop experience to the pyramid stage and not trying to be cool as she's at Glasto. And she's definitely not miming lol, there have been plenty of bum notes.

Levitating and Illusion were amazing. Love seeing the kids faces in the crowd too 💜 She's done the smaller stages in the past, she deserves this slot imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

samwilzrhcp

Loving this Keane set, banger after banger after banger….

Cant wait for Coldplay tonight, the absolute peak of festival headliners, they certainly know how to put on a show

• Heart

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I feel like Glasto is trying to be Coachella with acts like Sza. It’s not. Most people I know who still go are in their 30s and 40s. Not old, but not likely to care about the most streamed artist or whatever. Something a bit nostalgic would have worked better.
We were there as a family with 5 kids aged 28 down to 13 (or 12 if you were a steward checking for her wristband 😉) none of them were interested in SZA so not sure it was an age problem.

I think it was less about the genre of acts but more about the placement, the nostalgic acts like Sugababes and Avril were shoved on small stages with overcrowded fields.

I think Emily shot herself in the foot by declaring last year she was having 2 female pyramid headliners and was forced to book SZA (or Suzan as she is called in this house!)

It’s all just a face show anyway. They don’t employ equal gender numbers when it comes to stage crew, security, photographers in the pit etc

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Just caught up with Avril’s set - she should have taken the Sunday headline spot not SZA. So many great songs and sing a long moments.
I like how Avril sort of meanders around the stage and doesn’t really talk too much to the crowd haha.
Was her guitar plugged in? Swear she moved her hair but her guitar was still playing.
Wish the camera man didn’t spent so much time zooming in on Cara D and Anya Taylor Joy. Loathe Cara so much haha.

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I feel like Glasto is trying to be Coachella with acts like Sza. It’s not. Most people I know who still go are in their 30s and 40s. Not old, but not likely to care about the most streamed artist or whatever. Something a bit nostalgic would have worked better.