Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blockster

Watched 50 years of Glastonbury, was really interesting how and why it's changed over the years though still looked more fun back in the day but I guess things can't stay the same for ever.
Think its gone like the Coachella festival in America, its now for influencers and has been priced out for real music lovers, it feels like it's lost it soul and magic and become to big, plus being lectured to about world politics by a bunch of rich, very privileged musicians sticks in my throat, just shut the f*** up and play your music!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

samwilzrhcp

Don’t mind Dua Lipa myself, but this just doesn’t translate well to the live stage, especially a festival headline stage. There’s tonnes of backing tracks & pitch correction, where’s the actual live music?
You might as well just be stood in a club listening to this .

Reactions: 13

Blockster

PJ Harvey did not get the respect she deserved with that slot, she should have headlined. It's lost its magic, to politicised and the music feels secondary, just my opinion.

Reactions: 13

kev1974

VIP Member
I'm enjoying Dua Lipa, and her dancers are brilliant, and the fireworks are pretty, and the use of the video wall is very Eurovision. But it very much feels like she's just going through the motions of an arena tour, albeit flawlessly, just with "Glastonbury" substituted into "Do you want to go to the moon, Manchester" or "I can't hear you Glasgow" audience shoutouts. Apart from the fireworks it could have been recorded anywhere, might as well just be watching a concert in Newcastle or something. It just doesn't feel Glastonbury. I guess a lot of headliners are like this now. I'm so bored of Coldplay but I think they will be far more atmospheric in this slot tomorrow night.

Reactions: 12

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I posted before about Coldplay playing for free hence the headline slot in difficult times but having seen Michael Eavis this weekend I suspect he hasn’t got many festivals left in him, he and the band are very close and he probably wanted to see them perform for a last time.

We were in the Pyramid field for most of the afternoon to get a good spot, I was blown away by Little Simz, check her out if you haven’t caught her yet

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Sorry but she ain't no headliner. Feel sorry for her tbh she should of been on before the headliner. I'd be at London Grammar if I was there this year.

Reactions: 11

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I just remembered when they did the collaboration with Viola Beach, can’t believe it was 8 years ago now. That was a really lovely thing to do.
---
Chris Martin’s vigorous hip thrusting when playing the piano is somewhat distracting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I don’t get why Coldplay are headlining. Again. I know they are still super popular but I feel like they are done when it comes to being a Glastonbury headliner.
---
Really enjoyed Seventeen’s set. Never heard of them before but it was really fun. The last song was really catchy. Also enjoyed Olivia Dean. Again not heard of her before but she’s on my Spotify list now.
Coldplay headline because they don’t charge the festival, as has been discussed the festival costs an awful lot of money to put on and the proceeds go to various charities. Rumours are Madonna should have been the Sunday headliner and she wanted £££, Chris does it for free cos he’s friends with the Eavises and he also credits their success to Michael putting faith in them back in the early days.

Seventeen where my pick this year, the crowd was tiny which was great for me as I managed to get down the front, but given that they have Taylor Swift status in Asia must have been odd for the band, the rest of my festival is now sponsored by the words ‘very nice’ 😂

Just gutted they put Sugababes on the relatively small West Holts, I only stayed in the field for the first song because the crush was scary 😢

I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the fuck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX
Stevie Nicks would have been AWESOME!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭