Glastonbury 2022 - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how we all came over here after love island 🤣 We got our priorities messed up tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sorry. Has my comment been misconstrued as racist? Not my intention. Kendrick Lemarr is a great artist of his oeuvre and worthy headliner but c’mon, the misuse of Christian imagery and mysoginistic pejorative language being parroted back to him by a bunch of privileged white kids? Must just be me but I’ve got the boke at this. I think Lenny Henry was bang on what he said about Glastonbury. I am probably being over sensitive - I’m part of a beautiful blended family - but I hate that to support back people, some white people feel they then have to scream loudly for artists who are downright misogynistic.
I have no idea if his music is misogynistic - as I am hopelessly out of touch with a lot of current (and even not so current music), but if it is - it’s misogynistic regardless of who is in the audience?
Christian imagery is constantly used or misused so I don’t even notice it now.

Lenny Henry may be unhappy with the lack of black people in the audience, but what does he think needs to be done about it? There are plenty of black / non white acts at Glastonbury so what can practically be done if he wants less white people in the audience? I honestly feel it should be left alone - people who want to go can go.

I don’t agree that every white person in the audience is “privileged”. I cannot stand these type of statements - they are sweeping and inaccurate. I actually think they are damaging.

We can’t head count audiences and decide that there are too many whites, blacks or middle class people there. Music used to be a place where folk of all backgrounds could enjoy and it should remain so - it doesn’t need policing.

My suggestion would be enjoy the music, and don’t spend the time trying to work out the incomes of people in the audience or what their background is.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s so odd, this recent obsession with the class of people that go to this festival.
Agreed, It’s a balloted ticket process, technically (leaving the cost aside) everyone has an opportunity to go regardless of what “class” you are.

Pet Shop Boys are amazing. Put on a real good show and can sing live. Gets the crowd going

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Absolutely loved Pet Shop Boys but I've always loved them since West End Girls came out. Still get the same vibes off them now whenever they play. Always on my mind and It's Alright give me a happy feeling inside. Probably because it was my youth. Going to bed feeling all smiley.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just listening to Paul McCartneys set. He was a little wobbly at the beginning, but a few songs in and he is fantastic. I have to say, I am so impressed at his performance as an 80 year old. Well, for any age really - obviously he’s not going cartwheels around the stage but he is a fantastic musician.

Reactions: 9
Agreed, It’s a balloted ticket process, technically (leaving the cost aside) everyone has an opportunity to go regardless of what “class” you are.
I think it's easier for middle class people to get tickets as they can while doing an office job go through the process to get tickets every year. It does somewhat deserve it's reputation but of course that not apply to everyone.

Reactions: 1
I normally love to watch Glastonbury but didn't watch as much this year as not many act performing I actually liked. Still liked watching all the broadcasts away from the main stages and behind the scenes.

Kendrick’s set was phenomenal
it was the absolute highlight of the festival for me. he’s lightyears ahead of his peers.

i enjoyed mccartney for what he is - an amazing musician who is now in his 80s. some of his song selections were interesting but that’s his prerogative i guess!

I have no idea if his music is misogynistic - as I am hopelessly out of touch with a lot of current (and even not so current music), but if it is - it’s misogynistic regardless of who is in the audience?
Christian imagery is constantly used or misused so I don’t even notice it now.

Lenny Henry may be unhappy with the lack of black people in the audience, but what does he think needs to be done about it? There are plenty of black / non white acts at Glastonbury so what can practically be done if he wants less white people in the audience? I honestly feel it should be left alone - people who want to go can go.

I don’t agree that every white person in the audience is “privileged”. I cannot stand these type of statements - they are sweeping and inaccurate. I actually think they are damaging.

We can’t head count audiences and decide that there are too many whites, blacks or middle class people there. Music used to be a place where folk of all backgrounds could enjoy and it should remain so - it doesn’t need policing.

My suggestion would be enjoy the music, and don’t spend the time trying to work out the incomes of people in the audience or what their background is.
If black people aren't interested in Glastonbury then fair enough they may have other events/festivals that they prefer. Nobody is banning them from attending.

Reactions: 6
I thought Pet Shop Boys were outstanding, an amazing back catalogue of music and a great performance.
Great to see Bruce Springsteen with McCartney for a song or two, the rest was a bit meh, but I'm getting old 😁

Last edited:
Pretending Elton isn’t headlining because I didn’t get tickets and I’m not keen on the idea of more disappointment in the resale….

the other two headlines are pretty strongly rumoured to be arctic monkeys (who I have seen before and am not keen to see again) and guns n roses. I know it’s not all about the headliners but that is the thing that makes the news, grabs your attention etc and it’s pretty poor for me personally

Reactions: 1