Glastonbury 2022 - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was streamed live last night wasn’t it? I’ve read good reviews this morning - so assume it was?
I’m a bit confused to be honest. I don’t know what is going on with it 🤪

Also, as it is now one of the BBC’s annual highlights - I thought they would be able to play whatever they have recorded, regardless.
I was also under the impression that Paul McCartney was fairly down to earth (for a huge celeb anyway). I’m intrigued…
It wasn’t live. It had an hour delay.

Curious.

Reactions: 5
I really don't understand the BBC's reasoning that it was too complicated to show it live 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I’m even more intrigued now - an hour delay! How very odd 🤓

I’m watching Roisin Murphy now anyway - fab 😃

Anyone else cringing at an audience of predominantly middle class white kids rapping along to the pejorative language of a black man wearing a crown of thorns? Everything about this feels wrong.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else cringing at an audience of predominantly middle class white kids rapping along to the pejorative language of a black man wearing a crown of thorns? Everything about this feels wrong.
The black man wearing a crown of thorns has a name, and if he doesn't mind singing to a crowd of white middle class people why should you.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m so confused by this comment what exactly feels wrong about it?

Reactions: 3
Paul’s set is on iPlayer now apparently.
Thanks - I’ll have a look in a bit x

I hope music will be untouched, by those who say who should and shouldn’t listen to what - or do whatever.

I have been to Glastonbury 5 times and I am working class (I earn 24k a year and my husband earns less) - it shouldn’t matter what peoples earnings are who attend. It’s not cheap - but folk choose what they can and can’t spend their limited funds on. The current suggestion that everyone who now attends Glastonbury is now middle class is inaccurate.

I listened to a lot of funk and disco in the late 70s (i was a white child living in a council house in the northwest of Englandj). I’m sure a lot of kids my age, who lived in Suburban Surrey listened to the same great music back then - what does it matter?

Everyone and anyone can listen to any music they choose to like, regardless of their background - and you can’t tell what an audience class is by looking at them. Some may say Glastonbury is only affordable to the middle class now, but working class folk have top of the range iPhones etc, so who is to say what people spend their money on?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Surely supporting black artists is a good thing? You like their music so you buy it, listen to it, go to see them play live and sing along ? Where is the issue there?

Reactions: 9
I’m so confused by this comment what exactly feels wrong about it?
Sorry. Has my comment been misconstrued as racist? Not my intention. Kendrick Lemarr is a great artist of his oeuvre and worthy headliner but c’mon, the misuse of Christian imagery and mysoginistic pejorative language being parroted back to him by a bunch of privileged white kids? Must just be me but I’ve got the boke at this. I think Lenny Henry was bang on what he said about Glastonbury. I am probably being over sensitive - I’m part of a beautiful blended family - but I hate that to support back people, some white people feel they then have to scream loudly for artists who are downright misogynistic.

Last edited:
If you don't like Kendrick Lamar you can simply choose another set to watch. It's that simple.

Reactions: 5
It’s so odd, this recent obsession with the class of people that go to this festival.

Reactions: 11
If you don't like Kendrick Lamar you can simply choose another set to watch. It's that simple.
Some of his lyrics are too chaotic for me but just watching on catch up it’s a great show loving the choreography.

Reactions: 2