Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the Sound of the Underground video she has so little screen time it's ridiculous. The camera pans on her for a second and then moves away. They didn't know how to style her then which didn't help- someone else mentioned the fake tan, plus heavy make up, plus a sort of 2000s clubbing gear type fashion which doesn't at all suit her ethereal style.
I remember thinking how blatant it was that she was considered the “ugly” one. In that video they were all showing some skin, whereas Nicola was covered from neck to wrist to knee!

Reactions: 4
Journalism is virtually dead these days, as anyone that's read the articles on tattle that pop up in the papers every other month. Full of downright made up stuff.

I would take anything a paper says with a pinch of salt - they're hacks turning out a couple of articles an hour with no time to fact check or anything.

I'd take her words as the truth and disregard what a paper says. I dont think she'd mislead and would be upfront.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ok, but if the article quoted an interview then her words should be documented somewhere?

Maybe I am a bit naive, but if a journalist invents a story of a celebrity having a family history of cancer then this would be pretty vile and kind of unreasonable? Why invent something like this?

But as I said - I might be naive

Reactions: 1
They'll just be quickly scraping stuff together from what they can find. They wouldn't invent it, they'll just see it somewhere and repeat it. The quote could have been by someone else wrongly credited to her. If something false keeps getting reapeated it gets seen as truth.

In the example of tattle:
An influencer tells the daily mail Tattlers are posting their address and threatening their children, then the daily mail repeats this mistruth/wildly embellished tale that has no resemblance to the reality without fact checking.

Reactions: 3
omg you’re in for a treat! Start here. Truly Iconic.

I miss the early 2000s reality tv😢😢😢 no scripts, storylines just real.

Best were:
Off the record
Totally scott lee (iconic)
Katie and peter
Newlyweds nick and jessica

Journalism is virtually dead these days, as anyone that's read the articles on tattle that pop up in the papers every other month. Full of downright made up stuff.

I would take anything a paper says with a pinch of salt - they're hacks turning out a couple of articles an hour with no time to fact check or anything.

I'd take her words as the truth and disregard what a paper says. I dont think she'd mislead and would be upfront.
Journalists must now consist of scraping together IG posts and putting 2x2 together...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi all. So sad about Sarah. I am a huge girls aloud fan and loved off the record so much! Will rewatch.
I was wondering whether anyone had any info on when Sarah’s funeral will be and where. I would love to stand on the route and pay my respects.

I re-watched ‘Girls Aloud - 10 Years at the top’ last night. Pretty dull stuff.

Kimberley shared this performance from the Chemistry Tour and said she can’t stop watching it. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This popped up in my YouTube recommendations, bless her

This popped up in my YouTube recommendations, bless her

Just watched it ! You could see her vulnerability and shyness . Such a shame she never got the husband and babies she craved. She spoke about not being close with her mum but they obviously found the love in the end. An enjoyable watch tinged with sadness .

Reactions: 6
Poor Sarah. I feel very sad watching that. It's clear how much she missed the girls and didn't seem that happy. I'm glad they made it up and i hope wherever Sarah is she's happy xxx

Reactions: 9
I saw Sarah and her ex in Ibiza town years ago. They were having an intense chat so I pretended I didnt notice them. I would have smiled at her otherwise 💞
Far too young to die. RIP.

Reactions: 7
Just watched it ! You could see her vulnerability and shyness . Such a shame she never got the husband and babies she craved. She spoke about not being close with her mum but they obviously found the love in the end. An enjoyable watch tinged with sadness .
That definitely seems like a positive - that she got close to her mum. Maybe she moved back up north once lockdown started for both of their benefit? Uncomfortable seeing her struggle so much doing solo media work.

Just read a Brian Higgins interview, graffiti my soul was rejected by Britneys people. I always find it fascinating these songs that get shopped around so much

Listening to 'Graffiti My Soul', a standout track from the forthcoming second Girls Aloud album, it's easy to understand what might have drawn the wily Mancunians to Xenomania. Originally written for Britney Spears's last album - 'The record company loved it, but Britney's people said "Where's the chorus? Why are there no repetitive parts?"' - this song now sounds like a full-scale collision between Madonna, Michael Jackson and the Prodigy, with all three operating at the top of their respective games. (Having failed to get what they wanted - 'which was essentially "Sound of the Underground 2"' - Britney's people then got Cathy Dennis to write them 'Toxic' instead, so pop music was ultimately the winner on every front.)

probably for the best he turned them down 😆

Initially reluctant to give examples of the sort of people he's turned down, Higgins is eventually beguiled into letting slip the names of Gareth Gates and Atomic Kitten

Reactions: 5
I watched it a few days ago, she was such a broken person. I'm glad she didn't have a child out of pressure and wanted to wait for Mr right. I'm so glad she never slated the girls and was always dignified about the times in GA

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.