Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Celebrity? When did she last work? She was chucked off Corrie because of 'issues'. She was taken off stage because of 'issues'. She let drink and drugs take her life over. Her money is gone - you think private care is better than the NHS - it isn't in serious stuff like this. It maybe if you are trying to get a hip replacement and don't want to be on the waiting list but I can guarantee if anything goes wrong during the night in your private clinic you will be in an ambulance on the way to an NHS hospital. There is usually no overnight cover in private hospitals such as surgeons. There will be a registrar on call who will assess and hit the 999. Believe me. Oh and the kitchen will probably serve you an omelette at 3 in the morning.

She was a drunk. Don't you remember her in the BB house lol.
I didn't know that she had these dependency issues!
I also haven't seen her in the BB house.

Yes, the NHS is better with serious stuff, that is also why Prince Philip had his surgery in a NHS hospital.

Reactions: 2
I thought the same, my brother was a real drinker before his diagnosis, but nothing close to requiring a medical detox. It makes me think her substance abuse issues were bigger than she's admitting (I don't blame her for not disclosing it all btw, it's deeply personal). So incredibly sad, I just hope she's able to see everyone again properly before it's too late.
I've written in earlier posts in this thread before this news broke about my suspicions surrounding her substance issues ....didn't feel right to bring it up again just now and I hadn't realised she'd mentioned an NHS detox but yeah 🤷🏻‍♀️ a very sad ending indeed 🥀🥀🥀🥀

I read the full interview in the times. It really is very sad. One thing that i dont understand is why she was given an nhs medical detox before starting cancer treatment? She said she had been drinking a bit to numb the breast pain but nothing terrible and she wanted to be fully clean before starting cancer treatment... But nhs medical detoxes are hard to get??? More for dependent drinkers??? Sounds like she was drinking a lot?

Reactions: 4
I totally hate when someone labels a person as an alcoholic.

In her book she claims the toilet attendant hit her first and she responded instinctually she also says that other girls had made claims that this toilet attendant had attacked them unprovoked 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't see why both sides weren't prosecuted if that was the case as Nicola as a minimum witnessed it
Oh and you really believe that? After all the evidence in court!

Reactions: 5
Well I hate the people of this country being labelled racists by one ex D list actress who couldn't cut it here. However, alcoholism is a medical diagnosis and fact and undergoing a medical detox was either for the drink or the drugs or both.

Celebrity? When did she last work? She was chucked off Corrie because of 'issues'. She was taken off stage because of 'issues'. She let drink and drugs take her life over. Her money is gone - you think private care is better than the NHS - it isn't in serious stuff like this. It maybe if you are trying to get a hip replacement and don't want to be on the waiting list but I can guarantee if anything goes wrong during the night in your private clinic you will be in an ambulance on the way to an NHS hospital. There is usually no overnight cover in private hospitals such as surgeons. There will be a registrar on call who will assess and hit the 999. Believe me. Oh and the kitchen will probably serve you an omelette at 3 in the morning.

People are here to support Sarah and her family. Calling Sarah ‘a drunk’ is completely disrespectful as is the tone of your post.

Your question of when did she last work is irrelevant and putting a question mark of her being a celebrity is nonsensical. She was one fifth of one of the UK’s biggest girlbands, that is why we are all here as GA fans. She has reached professional heights none of us will reach and you cannot take that away from her.

If you are going to spew hate then I don’t think this thread is for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
you think private care is better than the NHS - it isn't in serious stuff like this.
I have private health care and once diagnosed the cancer care it’s pretty much the same, all through the nhs hospitals etc. I think private health care allows you the luxury of maybe getting second opinions and maybe being seen quicker at the beginning when you first feel something is ‘off’ but overall I think the nhs do as much as they can for you and will offer you treatment that they know won’t save you but might give you an extra few months. You wouldn’t get that for free anywhere else.

Reactions: 6

Oh and you really believe that? After all the evidence in court!
What are you talking about?
Why are you getting so wound up about...everything? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's only the internet! 😭🤦‍♀️

I was just relaying what Cheryl said in her book lol. If anything, I was agreeing with you in saying that if it had happened how Cheryl described, given that Nicola was there as a witness and other people had aparrently approached Cheryl and said that the toilet attendant had assaulted them as well, I cant believe at the very least Sophie Ambokpa wasnt charged also.

If you'd have read what I said properly you'd have seen that I was saying that given that she probably had the best possible legal team acting on her behalf compared to the toilet attendant, the fact she was found guilty by a jury despite all of the above speaks volumes.

Chill out!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have private health care and once diagnosed the cancer care it’s pretty much the same, all through the nhs hospitals etc. I think private health care allows you the luxury of maybe getting second opinions and maybe being seen quicker at the beginning when you first feel something is ‘off’ but overall I think the nhs do as much as they can for you and will offer you treatment that they know won’t save you but might give you an extra few months. You wouldn’t get that for free anywhere else.
I have had private care on a few occasions simply to move things along because of work. However, the NHS is amazing and treats countless people from abroad, some for the right reasons and others because they are health tourists - they don't say no though. They never stop trying to give you the best and are the envy of countries world-wide. Our charity-based palliative care is also wonderful and I believe should receive government funding to make it possible for more people to die in their homes or hospices rather than hospitals.

What are you talking about?
Why are you getting so wound up about...everything? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's only the internet! 😭🤦‍♀️

I was just relaying what Cheryl said in her book lol. If anything, I was agreeing with you in saying that if it had happened how Cheryl described, given that Nicola was there as a witness and other people had aparrently approached Cheryl and said that the toilet attendant had assaulted them as well, I cant believe at the very least Sophie Ambokpa wasnt charged also.

If you'd have read what I said properly you'd have seen that I was saying that given that she probably had the best possible legal team acting on her behalf the fact she was found guilty by a jury despite all of the above speaks volumes.

Chill out!!!!
Well I've rattled a few cages already which I apologise for. But this thread should perhaps have a separate Sarah thread because people are obviously upset about her condition and maybe need something other than a GA thread to post on.

• Heart
You see Cheryl’s real personality on off the record (which ironically I prefer much more than her carefully crafted butter wouldn’t melt, nation’s sweetheart PR persona)
She is moany and cantankerous and isn’t afraid to mince her words. I found her transformation into a Disney princess very boring, I preferred her a bit rough around the edges (assault aside, obviously)
THISSS!!!! She's my least favourite member of GA now but it wasn't always the case I'd say she was number 2 behind Sarah until the 2009 hiatus....if you watch back the 2008 Tangled Up Tour behind (just before she started X Factor) the scenes where she's telling off the male dancer for drinking all the vodka I loved 😂 fast forward to the 10 years at the top documentary and she just seems like a false robot thanks to Cowells elocution and media training 😦😦😦 it's like 2 different people

I have had private care on a few occasions simply to move things along because of work. However, the NHS is amazing and treats countless people from abroad, some for the right reasons and others because they are health tourists - they don't say no though. They never stop trying to give you the best and are the envy of countries world-wide. Our charity-based palliative care is also wonderful and I believe should receive government funding to make it possible for more people to die in their homes or hospices rather than hospitals.

Well I've rattled a few cages already which I apologise for. But this thread should perhaps have a separate Sarah thread because people are obviously upset about her condition and maybe need something other than a GA thread to post on.
No need to apologise to me :) my comment was aimed at someone called Flower Girl who loses her tit if anyone slightly defends cheryl or suggests she might have changed since she was 19

Wow.You are all heart aren't you.The woman is dying and you still can't show her any compassion?.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

For god sake she is dying and you think it's ok to post this? Go and give yourself a long hard shake.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've been listening to WWTNS all weekend 💕
My favourite GA album ❤so many hits

Was anyone here on the old GA forum? I was, I was thinking of that girl - I think her username was something like Sarah Harding addicts who then set up her own website & forum dedicated to Sarah. I’m sure she is really upset, she was such a stan.

Reactions: 1

Was anyone here on the old GA forum? I was, I was thinking of that girl - I think her username was something like Sarah Harding addicts who then set up her own website & forum dedicated to Sarah. I’m sure she is really upset, she was such a stan.
I wasn’t on the forum but i'm certain that I’ve seen a YouTube channel called that with a lot of Sarah’s performances on. Must be the same person.

I've dabbled in the pop justice forum over the years.

This and chemistry were my favourite albums 💝Thank Me Daddy is a bop and Kimba wrote it!

ETA I just checked out that Sarah Harding addicts Instagram and it says Sarah wants all proceeds from a fundraiser they're doing to go to The Christie (cancer hospital here in Manchester) I wonder if Marie still lives in Stockport and that's where she's been having her treatment 🤔

I like all of their albums. Songs however, my favourites are:

Wake Me Up
Love Is Pain
Something Kinda Ooooh
The Show
Biology
Call The Shots

I've dabbled in the pop justice forum over the years.

This and chemistry were my favourite albums 💝Thank Me Daddy is a bop and Kimba wrote it!
Yes same I was on the Pop Justice forum too for a while...different times!

Btw thanks for filling us in on the tidbits from Cheryl’s book as I never read it and had wondered about what she said about the assault. I also got completely mown over for being seen to defend her by the same poster! Like you I am far from her biggest fan, just don’t like when people dismiss her as a ‘vile chav.’ Like if you are going to criticise her as least be a bit more original or nuanced with your opinion!

I like all of their albums. Songs however, my favourites are:

Wake Me Up
Love Is Pain
Something Kinda Ooooh
The Show
Biology
Call The Shots
Wake me up is one of my favourite singles. I concur with you these with be up though I would also add;

Graffiti my soul
Real life
Sexy! No no no
Girl overboard
Fling
No good advice
Sound of the underground
Untouchable
The Loving Kind

So, so many. Just listened to Fling (amazing) and now listening to Untouchable

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.