Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree @FrostyChops what benefit do people think she’s going to get from lying about her cancer or her treatment? She’s stated it’s terminal and she doesn’t want to lose her hair having already lost her breasts. Her cancer is incurable and wants to retain a part of her that makes her feel good during her final months.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Such sad news. Poor Sarah. Imagine having to accept that you are going to die soon and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s gut wrenching. The poor poor girl. I hope she is as comfortable as she can be in her remaining months and she manages to make some lovely moments with those she loves. This has just made me feel so sad for her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I am so gutted for Sarah, and this has brought back really painful memories for me as my brother died aged 31 from Brain Cancer, in 2011. Its bleeping horrible.
I really hope she finds peace with herself and gets to do the things she wants to do, and to keep her independence for as long as possible. I hope she makes some amazing memories and she gets the right pain meds to make her as comfortable as possible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I totally understand her wanting to retain what dignity she has left in her final months.
Radiotherapy is awful and if its going to leave you with a tit quality of life when you only have months left then why would anyone want to go through it.

Devastating news for her and I hope she has a dignified and happy time that she has left with her family and friends.

Who would really want to question that?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am so gutted for Sarah, and this has brought back really painful memories for me as my brother died aged 31 from Brain Cancer, in 2011. Its bleeping horrible.
I really hope she finds peace with herself and gets to do the things she wants to do, and to keep her independence for as long as possible. I hope she makes some amazing memories and she gets the right pain meds to make her as comfortable as possible.
♥ that's what my brother has, so sorry for your loss

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
65% of people lose their hair from chemo, so clearly not everyone does. It depends on the chemo drugs used, I think. My own dad has terminal cancer and has had chemo yet has a full head of hair still.

All this is to say that I don’t think that could be any proof that Sarah is lying, and I don’t think this is something she’d lie about anyway. She deliberately went public with her diagnosis because people were gossiping on social media about seeing her at the hospital.

I respect her choice to not have radiotherapy, and gosh I wish so much she’ll get to have her fabulous big “goodbye” party somehow.

I thought it was interesting what Cheryl said about Sarah’s insecurity in the bit in The Times today. I’ve always thought Sarah comes across as very insecure, especially when she was on CBB. I think her drinking and partying was her cover for feeling not good enough. It’s really very sad to think about.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
♥ that's what my brother has, so sorry for your loss
Im so sorry you are also going through it. My heart breaks for you and your brother. Cancer is the most horrible bleeping thing, and i always say that my one wish in life is to remove all cancers. I know you dont know me but im sending you all a massive hug.
My brother first got a cancerous brain tumour in 2000 when he was only 20, but he had an operation and chemo and it seemed to go. And then it came back a few year later, but again it seemed to be under control. He had to go to Preston Hospital for check ups all the time, and then it came back again in 2009. But the strange thing is (now i think about it) is i just assumed he would be okay because he had lived with it for so long, i never ever thought he would die from it. That was probably me being naive and my parents habit of pretending everything was okay (until it was clear it wasnt okay!).
One of the most beautiful memories i have of Michael is when he was in the hospice and all his mates came to see him, and they just talked to him normally- about football ( we are massive liverpool fans), night out, girls etc etc. Throughout his time in the hospice he had loads of visitors and it was so nice to see just how loved he was. His best friend (who is now my partner and the father to my kids!) visited him when Michael was more asleep than awake, and bought him a magazine and read it too him!
The nurses at the hospice were amazing as well. They were amazing with Michael and also us. They always dressed him in his Liverpool tops and jeans, they shaved him and put his favourite aftershave on him, and they even hid his cathetur- which i still find the nicest thing. xxxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Just catching up on this thread, my heart sank when someone said deveasting news about Sarah. I did a guick google to see the headline that doctors said the Xmas just gone could be her last one. I don’t have the words right now.

From a GA perspective, I really hope the girls put fueds of the past behind them, see the bigger picture and rally around Sarah if her time left is so limited.

I always had such a soft spot for Sarah; vivacious, fun, smart and wicked sense of humour. Horrible to think what she is going through ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's wonderful to see so much compassion and so many people supporting each other here ❤ thank you lovely people!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My heart broke all over again reading about the news on Sarah today. I hope all the girls can come together and do something special for her, make peace with each other and put on a united front so at least, when the time does come, Sarah can leave knowing all the girls are friends again and maybe one day they could make a final single in memory of her. 💔💔

Or even if they re released their cover of "I'll stand by you" while Sarah is still around with proceeds going to cancer research or a charity of Sarah's choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just keep thinking how horrible it must be for Sarah and anyone going through something similar at the moment,with covid. Not being able to visit etc. I lost my dad will be 2 years on Thursday.

Reactions: 5

It's heartbreaking that she's so young and yet doesn't have long left to live. Yet as bad as she will feel she's found the energy to promote her book with a long interview.
It says in the article they had to conduct the interview over email because she was too unwell to even do a Zoom.

Also the interview isn’t that long - most of this is excerpts from the book.

Maybe read it before you comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It says in the article they had to conduct the interview over email because she was too unwell to even do a Zoom.

That she even could be bothered to do a email was something considering what she is going through. It's really sad.

Reactions: 3

Yes, it’s barely an interview. I also found the ‘Sarah by Cheryl’ piece really, really odd. It was so random and I really didn’t understand why it was necessary it seemed almost...unauthorised.

I’ve preordered the book, judging by just that small excerpt, it’s going to be a really tough read.

Sending love Sarah! ❤

Reactions: 9
Some of the comments today about Sarah are so harsh 😔 rather than looking for reasons to criticise her for promoting a book maybe we should applaud her for raising awareness about going to your GP and not putting it off - even with Covid restrictions.
If she makes a bit of money from telling her story so what? we don’t know her financial situation, perhaps she’s thinking ahead for her funeral costs and wanting to look after her mum. Jade goody got slagged for telling her story when she was ill yet her legacy was to raise awareness of cancer in younger people and an increase in women getting tested.
I know this is a gossip site and we all love a good witch but ffs slagging someone who has terminal cancer off only feeds into the narrative that this is a troll site.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Some of the comments today about Sarah are so harsh 😔 rather than looking for reasons to criticise her for promoting a book maybe we should applaud her for raising awareness about going to your GP and not putting it off - even with Covid restrictions.
If she makes a bit of money from telling her story so what? we don’t know her financial situation, perhaps she’s thinking ahead for her funeral costs and wanting to look after her mum. Jade goody got slagged for telling her story when she was ill yet her legacy was to raise awareness of cancer in younger people and an increase in women getting tested.
I know this is a gossip site and we all love a good witch but ffs slagging someone who has terminal cancer off only feeds into the narrative that this is a troll site.
Absolutely 100%

Reactions: 11
Yes, it’s barely an interview. I also found the ‘Sarah by Cheryl’ piece really, really odd. It was so random and I really didn’t understand why it was necessary it seemed almost...unauthorised.

I’ve preordered the book, judging by just that small excerpt, it’s going to be a really tough read.

Sending love Sarah! ❤
Yes re. the Cheryl quotes I presumed she might be doing a forward in the book but her quotes kind of made it about herself and her reaction to Sarah’s illness? I know Sarah and Cheryl are friends but didn’t think they were that close for Sarah to ask Cheryl to write a forward...who knows.

Also why are people questioning Sarah’s motives to write a book, it is irrelevant. Compassion and empathy ❤

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.