Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find some girl bands only work well as a band and either lack the voice or stage presence to be successful solo. Solo Spice Girls worked for 1 album each until the post Spice novelty wore off but to me solo Girls Alouders aren’t/weren’t even interesting enough for me to want to buy their solo stuff. Cheryl is a fab dancer, Sarah and Kim have great stage presence, Nadine has the voice and Nicola the sweet unassuming nice girl look. They all contributed something to the group and along with the Sugababes probably the only girlgroups I liked and still listen to now.
I LOVED Sugababes.

GA have so many good tunes... The Promise, The Show, The Loving Kind, Love Machine, Call The Shots, Untouchable..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I do think kimberley is the prettiest and most natural in the band but the vibes she gives me are, do you know those girls who get in with the popular crowd in school? 🤔 And although they may have been lovely before, they suddenly have no backbone and just stand by and let the ringleader be a witch without intervening 🤷🏻‍♀️ one of them!

I also don't know why she gave this interview then a few weeks later went back on it and split the band up and every other interview shes gave since the split she's been like 'no it was the right time to call it a day we won't be getting back together' , nicola gave a very similar interview too... I can only think Queen Cheryl got in their heads and told them what they were doing with regards to the future of the band! 😩😩😩💔
A few times Kim said no more and that is very strange. But maybe Cheryl has nothing going on music wise but wants back in and gets Kim to announce it so she doesn't get the slack.
Cheryl always seemed like she wanted to give it up and be a mum but continued to do shows and music but it hasn't been the success she wanted I guess.
I liked her recent solo ventures but I think its just today's audience aren't interested in pop.
The trends are different.
Maybe they need to do a comeback merger. These superb ands like McBusted.

Reactions: 2
Massive GA fan, loved them from day one and if they ever tour again I’ll be there reliving my youth 💃🏻😂. Does anyone remember that during pop stars the rivals Nadine & Kimberley were the best of friends and practically inseparable? I think Cheryl was close with Javine. What happened there? Because once GA was formed it seemed like there was a big divide and it was split into two camps of Cheryl/Kimberley/Nicola against Nadine & Sarah.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Massive GA fan, loved them from day one and if they ever tour again I’ll be there reliving my youth 💃🏻😂. Does anyone remember that during pop stars the rivals Nadine & Kimberley were the best of friends and practically inseparable? I think Cheryl was close with Javine. What happened there? Because once GA was formed it seemed like there was a big divide and it was split into two camps of Cheryl/Kimberley/Nicola against Nadine & Sarah.
I never saw Popstars: The Rivals but have seen clips of it online and yes, Kimberley and Nadine were best friends. When Nadine actually got into the band she was very emotional that Kimberley hadn't been chosen at that point, and had to be comforted by Davina. A few years ago when Kimberley brought out an autobiography I remember it being reported that she claimed she wouldn't have been friends with Sarah or Nadine if it hadn't been for the band, which was ridiculous when you can see how close she and Nadine were.

I always thought Kimberley, Nicola and Cheryl seemed very cliquey, with them seemingly having no time for Nadine and Sarah being stuck in the middle, swaying more towards Nadine. What's always spoken volumes to me is that old interview that does the rounds where they are asked about the Pussycat Dolls (around the time PCD had their breakthrough). Cheryl and Kimberley were being really bitchy about them, with Nicola in agreement while Sarah and Nadine refused to join in and looked a bit hacked off.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It's quite odd.....I do think Nadine and Kimberley were even best friends once GA had started, as they lived together at the apartment complex...I think they were all friends for a time! I mean these 2 videos make it seem like even Cheryl and Nadine were friends....

Nadine vehemently sticking up for Cheryl following the assault:

Cheryl reassuring Nadine saying she'll do fantastic and they'll help her with the dance moves on the love machine video shoot:

They were all bridesmaids at cheryls wedding but shortly after that, Nadine started dating Jesse Metcalfe and moved to LA and I suppose they felt she was "getting too big for her boots" so that was the end of that....

With Sarah, it's odd and what makes me think something major must have happened....she went to the brits with them, was in Cheryls Piers Morgans life story episode giving her commentary as cheryls friend, met up with the other 3 regularly around the hiatus https://theworldofcelebrity.com/2011/09/19/girls-aloud-meet-up/ , was at xfactor when Cheryl did her solo performance https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/nadine-coyle-misses-cheryl-coles-256387 so seemed like there was no problems with sarah, then she just seemed to be dropped like a hot potato after the reunion :(

really does make me think shes got a serious drug habit, as if that was one of my friends I would want to be there for them but be very nervous I was enabling them etc so can understand them distancing themselves

Reactions: 8
I loved them lashes! They had a day and night range didnt they? Had a girls aloud hour in the car today thanks to this thread and completely forgot I saw them live the year biology was out. Was that memorable, even though I loved them ! Haha

Reactions: 5
I find some girl bands only work well as a band and either lack the voice or stage presence to be successful solo. Solo Spice Girls worked for 1 album each until the post Spice novelty wore off but to me solo Girls Alouders aren’t/weren’t even interesting enough for me to want to buy their solo stuff. Cheryl is a fab dancer, Sarah and Kim have great stage presence, Nadine has the voice and Nicola the sweet unassuming nice girl look. They all contributed something to the group and along with the Sugababes probably the only girlgroups I liked and still listen to now.
Anyone for a sugababes thread there must be some good tea on them 😆

As for Girl Alouds I urge people to watch the e4 reality TV series on them from the mid 00s. I'm sure its on YouTube

Reactions: 9
Anyone for a sugababes thread there must be some good tea on them 😆

As for Girl Alouds I urge people to watch the e4 reality TV series on them from the mid 00s. I'm sure its on YouTube
Off The Record? I’ve got the DVD and it’s great. The highest point in Greece part was my favourite. 😂

I agree, a Sugababes thread would be great too.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Off The Record? I’ve got the DVD and it’s great. The highest point in Greece part was my favourite. 😂

I agree, a Sugababes thread would be great too.
They were in Australia as well and on a night out. Sarah wanted to continue the party and went clubbing on her own

• Wow
Reactions: 8
yes please, make a Sugababes thread! So many lineups mean there must be tea.
Agreed! As well as all the chat re. the lineups, they have so many great songs. AND it looks like the original members (who had reunited under the name MKS) have won the rights back to the Sugababes name!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.