Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished the last episode last night and sobbed 😭 So many moving moments. I'm going to wait a week or two before rewatching AYITL.

Coincidentally this podcast appeared in my feed this morning and I loved it. Gives a lot of good cultural context and analysis:

Reactions: 1
Just watching The Great Gatsby on Sky (original 1970’s film) and thought “I recognise him!”, it’s Edward Herrmann

Reactions: 3
Finally finished watching Gilmore Girls for the first time recently, followed by A Year in the Life. So many thoughts!

- Firstly (looks like a lot of you agree with me ha) I really didn't particularly like Rory or Lorelai? I thought they were both OK to begin with but just found them both more and more insufferable as the seasons went on. Especially Rory in season 5, omg she was just vile to everyone and soo spoiled.
- Didn't really like any of Rory's love interests - even Jess was pretty awful to her by just taking off and ghosting her. Would have liked to have seen them reconnect to see how that would pan out though. I'm disappointed she never got together with Marty as he seemed nice! Logan was awful and smarmy and that scene in one of the last episodes where he's talking to Lorelai about his business ideas - ickkkk, also hated the nickname 'ace'
- Every single man in the series, well Rory and Lorelai's love interests at least, are insanely jealous
- Lane's whole storyline made me so sad, she never got to really live her own life and her mum was soo abusive to her, actually found a lot of her scenes quite upsetting to watch.
- For all their faults, I LOVED Emily and Richard, love their dynamic, they were so believable in their respective roles. Emily reminded me of my grandma sometimes ha! Love the episode where Richard's mum has died and Emily finds out she never wanted her to marry Richard and she stops giving a tit and is sat in her pyjamas getting drunk during the day 😂 there's a bit I love where she says "I think we should just throw some cheese cubes in the coffin, stuff some toothpicks in her mouth, and let them have at it" LOL
- Noone seems to have any friends??? Like when they're planning events it's always "I'll invite Sookie, Jackson, Lane..." and that's it haha
- The Luke finding out he's a dad storyline was weird although I did like seeing him stepping up as a dad. April and her lisp annoyed me too, glad I'm not the only one!
- I cried during the episode about Richard's heart attack (the second one) and the last one, knowing what's to come. The first episode of AYITL too - it felt like you could feel their genuine sadness at Edward Herrmann's death :(
- AYITL - a friend advised against watching this straight after Gilmore Girls so as not to ruin it but of course I didn't listen - actually thought the first episode wasn't too bad but didn't really enjoy it overall... a bit like how the Sex and the City reboot ruined the rest of the franchise for me. Some of it was just.. pointless? Like the whole Stars Hollow musical that went on forever and the Life and Death brigade scene (criiiiinge) loved seeing Emily navigate dealing with the loss of Richard and where Paris ended up (so fitting for her character) but the fact the other main characters showed zero progression pissed me off???? Like Rory who had basically still been bumming around doing F all for 10 years and was extra nasty to everyone - hated the fact she was cheating with Logan too :sick: Also Lorelai and Luke had been together for 10 years at this point and NEVER discussed getting married or having kids?? Riiiight. Found it all quite depressing by the end of it and that ending omg.

I sound very negative about both GG and AYITL hahaha but really enjoyed discovering both, I'm annoyed it took me so long and I never watched the first time round! Sad that it's over now and I have nothing to watch - got so used to spending my evenings watching!

Cougar Town is brilliant if you have never watched that

Reactions: 2
I noticed that Lauren Graham is going to be doing a book promo/talk at Union Chapel in north London soon. I’m quite tempted to go

I’m at the part where Rory has dropped out of Yale, she’s living with her Grandparents. Richard is so awful here. Going behind Lorelai’s back, not believing Rory about the Huntzburgers being rude to Rory. He is very unlikeable.

I noticed that Lauren Graham is going to be doing a book promo/talk at Union Chapel in north London soon. I’m quite tempted to go
I've signed up for a ticket reminder! They go on sale in the morning. I've read all of her books, they're really good!

I've signed up for a ticket reminder! They go on sale in the morning. I've read all of her books, they're really good!
Oh interesting. I’ve done the same. Who is organising the Tattle coach trip? Maybe we can borrow Luke’s truck :LOL:

• Haha
Bring your copies of ‘Goodnight Spoon‘ and ‘The Horse that Wanted to Bark’ and I am there!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Aww the second to last episode is super cringy isn’t it… the graduation party (is this a thing?!) and Richard and Emily singing and Logan proposing 😬😬😬

A Gilmore Girls page I follow on Instagram is sharing a post saying there is going to be a series 2 of A Year in the life...

• Wow