Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started watching 13 reasons why again the other day and realised lane was the teacher. On episode 1

Also I think I've said before but I really don't like yale Rory!

Reactions: 2
Yale Rory is just a self centred toddler…the whole dean thing to 😴😴 when I get to this I’m just watching for Lorelai and Luke 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It makes me want it to be September/October. Anyone got good podcast recommendations? I listened to Gilmore guys but tbh they’re grating on me.

It makes me want it to be September/October. Anyone got good podcast recommendations? I listened to Gilmore guys but tbh they’re grating on me.
Gilmore to Say is a good one! Tara and Hayley are nice, chilled girls who are super fans. I found Gilmore Guys grating, too. I felt like they were a bit condescending towards the show and the characters.

I watched Liz and TJ's wedding and the finale on Sunday...:love:🥰 LUKE AND LORELAI!! But urrrggghhhh blergh yuck, Dean and Rory.

Reactions: 1
'I am all in' hosted by Scott Patterson (Luke) is good from memory.
He gets good guests. Last one was Lane I think.

'I am all in' hosted by Scott Patterson (Luke) is good from memory.
He gets good guests. Last one was Lane I think.
I liked that one until the recap of the season 4 finale, and he went on and on and ON about Rory and Dean, that situation being absolutely fine and nothing wrong with it. They barely even discussed the L&L kiss! And since then he's made stupid comments like Lorelai owes Luke a baby. Erm...wtf?! :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I have always wondered how they got the name Rory from Lorelei... I don't think it's ever brought up?! Was it just a random name Lorelei chose when realised how stupid it was to name her baby after herself?

Reactions: 5
I liked the Gilmore Guys for a while but they get boring. What annoys me is how LONG some of their podcasts are. Yes there’s a lot to cover but you need to be able to control things and not just ramble for three hours. It also got annoying when they went through a phase of pointing out dated humour on the show. We know it’s dated, it’s an older show you’re going to get stuff that wouldn’t fly today. Why call attention to it?

I have always wondered how they got the name Rory from Lorelei... I don't think it's ever brought up?! Was it just a random name Lorelei chose when realised how stupid it was to name her baby after herself?
I’ve always wondered that! Also my neighbours named their daughter Lorelei and with the nickname Rory.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I always thought it was because she sometimes gets called Lor… so, Rory.

Google suggests that Lori would be the shortened version and people go with Rory instead because it’s similar to that

I've started my rewatch and fallen back in love with Max Medina :love:

Sentimental Garbage podcast did a great 2 part recap of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure if already mentioned here but watch prodigal son if you're a Lane fan - she's brilliant in it!

Oh my god I’m up to the bit of my rewatch where Dean cheats on his wife with Rory 🙄 I absolutely hate this story line

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Oh my god I’m up to the bit of my rewatch where Dean cheats on his wife with Rory 🙄 I absolutely hate this story line
They were so weird about sexuality and virginity in Gilmore Girls. I wonder if it was just because it was the early 00s but Amy Sherman Palladino seems quite liberal until it comes to sex. She punished every female character for losing her virginity! Rory, Paris, and Lane off the top of my head. And the constant reminders that Lorelai had a teen pregnancy. Maybe it's just because we've evolved but it's really noticeable on a rewatch!

Reactions: 10
They were so weird about sexuality and virginity in Gilmore Girls. I wonder if it was just because it was the early 00s but Amy Sherman Palladino seems quite liberal until it comes to sex. She punished every female character for losing her virginity! Rory, Paris, and Lane off the top of my head. And the constant reminders that Lorelai had a teen pregnancy. Maybe it's just because we've evolved but it's really noticeable on a rewatch!
I think that's a kind of standard thing in a lot of US shows aimed at youngish people (or at least was, tbh i dont watch anything sinillar now so no idea if i has changed)

On the Gilmore Guys podcast they mention how some group gave funding to Gilmore Girls, IIRC it was a bit of an anti abortion group? Can’t remember exactly but it explains the weird approach. I went to an American High School in the late 2000s and no joke they said the only way to guarantee not getting pregnant is abstinence 😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think that's a kind of standard thing in a lot of US shows aimed at youngish people (or at least was, tbh i dont watch anything sinillar now so no idea if i has changed)
Case in point: Buffy. Angel literally lost his soul when she lost her virginity.

• Wow
On the Gilmore Guys podcast they mention how some group gave funding to Gilmore Girls, IIRC it was a bit of an anti abortion group? Can’t remember exactly but it explains the weird approach. I went to an American High School in the late 2000s and no joke they said the only way to guarantee not getting pregnant is abstinence 😂😂😂
It sounds like the show was initially funded to create the pilot by a group called the Family Friendly Programming Forum. But they didn’t have any influence after that. However, the initial premise of the show is pretty anti-abortion, pro-family so I guess they gave it a start. In real life, a pregnant 16 year old of Lorelai’s social standing wouldn’t have had the baby.

Reactions: 4