Ghosts - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a shame Katy Wix couldn’t stay until the end. It was only 7 more episodes and she’d have been really funny with the baby.

Reactions: 10
I do love this troop of actors and I cant wait to see what they do next (I did see an advert for Mathew Baynton playing Bottom in A Midsummer Nights Dream recently)
I'm so excited for Matt in Midsummer! I live in Stratford so fingers crossed I can still get tickets but if not I'm 100% camping outside stage door (failing that bumping into him in town)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm so excited for Matt in Midsummer! I live in Stratford so fingers crossed I can still get tickets but if not I'm 100% camping outside stage door (failing that bumping into him in town)
I got front row seats!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Gutted it's over.

I hated and loved the ending. It was a beautiful ending but it's heartbreaking to think they didn't see eachother everyday but the fact they went back every year had me bawling.

As someone else said, I don't think we'd have been happy with any ending because we don't want to say goodbye but as endings go it was pretty decent.

Reactions: 17
It made no sense for Alison and Mike to move away when she can see ghosts everywhere. The storyline was rather poor and I guess that's why the series has ended because they were out of ideas 😪

But the ghosts that Alison sees everywhere aren’t enmeshed in her family situation in the same way that the Button House ghosts are.

They didn’t suggest she leave in order to never see a ghost again, they suggested she leave because she & Mike needed to raise their family without constant input from a collection of over-involved ‘aunties and uncles’.

I thought it was the best possible ending. I don’t know how have it could have ended that would have been equally as ‘final’ without being tragic in some way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I completely get the logic behind the ending, don’t get me wrong, but I can’t logic myself into feeling moved by the ending. I just felt deflated. I was absolutely ready to give them my tears and heartache, but they didn’t manage to earn them.

Reactions: 14
But the ghosts that Alison sees everywhere aren’t enmeshed in her family situation in the same way that the Button House ghosts are.

They didn’t suggest she leave in order to never see a ghost again, they suggested she leave because she & Mike needed to raise their family without constant input from a collection of over-involved ‘aunties and uncles’.

I thought it was the best possible ending. I don’t know how have it could have ended that would have been equally as ‘final’ without being tragic in some way.
I thought it was a really good ending too, and I loved the plague ghosts getting something nice after hundreds of years stuck in the dark cellar 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I completely get the logic behind the ending, don’t get me wrong, but I can’t logic myself into feeling moved by the ending. I just felt deflated. I was absolutely ready to give them my tears and heartache, but they didn’t manage to earn them.
That's how I felt - unmoved. Alison wasn't herself in this episode and Mike's mother was a dull pain the arse. It just wasn't funny or touching like previous Xmas episodes have been 😐

That's how I felt - unmoved. Alison wasn't herself in this episode and Mike's mother was a dull pain the arse. It just wasn't funny or touching like previous Xmas episodes have been 😐
Yes, exactly this! I didn't feel like there was enough genuine interaction between Alison and the ghosts during the episode to warrant tears at the ending.

I can't think of a better upbringing for a child than growing up in a massive stately home with a bunch of friendly ghosts that they could potentially interact with

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I can't think of a better upbringing for a child than growing up in a massive stately home with a bunch of friendly ghosts that they could potentially interact with
In that situation I'd have no problems with the Ghosts and the baby, the death trap mansion might be somewhat off putting though 😬

Bit off topic but for anyone who might be missing the wonderful Captain and in case it was a bit off the radar at the time Ben appears in an episode of Alma's not normal, hes topless and getting a bit kinky in bed it's all in good fun of course but he plays a very dashing cad and if it helps anyone here a bit at this time of loss then thought it was worth a little derail 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Bit off topic but for anyone who might be missing the wonderful Captain and in case it was a bit off the radar at the time Ben appears in an episode of Alma's not normal, hes topless and getting a bit kinky in bed it's all in good fun of course but he plays a very dashing cad and if it helps anyone here a bit at this time of loss then thought it was worth a little derail 😉
tell me the precise episode plz, for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
OK so my view might be slightly different to some here. I thought the ending was perfect. I had a baby this year and it really struck for me as showing how exhausting, overwhelming and ultimately lonely in a crowded room motherhood can be. I think that more than explains why Alison wasn't quite herself. The ghosts all giving their thoughts on how to raise, how to settle, how to wind, whatever the baby and waking her up from naps made me feel so sad and frustrated for Alison (and Mike to some extent). Didn't love the overbearing mother in law trope but you know what, that's pretty realistic too.

I missed most of the ending as I was bawling from them getting in the car to drive away. Was there some significance to the room they stayed in?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
OK so my view might be slightly different to some here. I thought the ending was perfect. I had a baby this year and it really struck for me as showing how exhausting, overwhelming and ultimately lonely in a crowded room motherhood can be. I think that more than explains why Alison wasn't quite herself. The ghosts all giving their thoughts on how to raise, how to settle, how to wind, whatever the baby and waking her up from naps made me feel so sad and frustrated for Alison (and Mike to some extent). Didn't love the overbearing mother in law trope but you know what, that's pretty realistic too.

I missed most of the ending as I was bawling from them getting in the car to drive away. Was there some significance to the room they stayed in?
I think you summed it up perfectly. I thought it was her & Mike's old bedroom.

• Heart

it was their old room, named the Higham suite for Kitty

• Heart