Gender discussions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t use feminism to hide behind your transphobia when you’re actively excluded a group of women. Please provide proof of a Lib Dem MP calling for the removal of all biological from Parliament. Terfs are clutching at straws, really trying to scaremonger and pretend our womanhood is being erased. It’s dangerous and a lie

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Inforapenny said:
www.google.com

Haters gonna hate: World champion McKinnon wins again
Dr. Rachel McKinnon sent a message at UCI World Masters that even President Trump’s eldest son heard.
www.google.com
www.google.com

Still ok?

Sharon Davies also speaks frankly and openly about the concerns of the trans women over shadowing female athletes.

Not fair but again not a good enough argument for those who are brain washed

Sod men who have a penis being upset because you don't fancy them. Are you honestly saying you feel sorry for them because you may reject them???

We are living in a dangerous patriarchy when a women is apologetic about not fancying men
I bleeping hate this dolt. She changed her name to Veronica Ivy so when you google her no bad articles come up. She is dangerous. Look at how she is built, no wonder she beats a biological woman. She is built like a MAN because she was born a man.

Look at the size of her compared to other women. It is atrocious.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 13
And unfortunately that’s just the tip of the iceberg:
Hannah Mouncy (Australian football and handball)
Laurel Hubbard (Weightlifting)
Fallon Fox (MMA)
Andraya Yearwood & Terri Miller (high school track & field)

Just to name a few more. These are all transwomen who have or are competing in women’s sports and are winning, breaking records, taking scholarship spots and injuring other competitors on a disproportionate scale. Most if not all of them were mediocre athletes when competing as men in the men’s category.

To allow someone with all the natural physical advantages that biological males are born with, things that don’t go away with hormones and surgery like bone density, bone structure, lung capacity, muscle mass compete in women’s sports is grossly unfair to the women and girls who have dedicated their lives to their sport. Sports haven’t always been so easily accessible for women and girls, we had to fight for our leagues and our teams and many women around the world are still fighting. Women’s sport should be protected and female athletes safeguarded from what is essentially cheating.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So your issue is trans women who you deem not womanly enough taking over women’s spaces? So are you okay with trans women who have fully transitioned being in women’s spaces? Is it a penis issue? Are you going to deny intersex people who choose to aline with the female gender the right to be in women’s space then? Or is it a period issue? what about women going through menopause or suffering from pcos or women who’ve had their uterus removed? A testosterone issue? There’s biological females with high testosterone, are those women not womanly enough? Not ‘true’ women?

Trans women are psychologically women however biologically male. You can’t psychologically be another race, you can culturally feel more aligned with another race but you can’t change biology. Once again nobody (and I promise you nobody outside of the Twittersphere) is arguing that sex doesn’t exist.

The ‘abuse’ JK Rowling a very rich very privileged white woman faced was centred around the fact she used a time when most of the world is protesting systematic racism to stir up attention for herself
I am an intersex person. I don't have a penis. Unless modern medical science had revealed I had male chromosomes nobody would know I wasn't a woman, just one who didn't have periods or get pregnant. I've always been a daughter and a sister and a wife and a mama but I'd rather be called a man and excluded from women only spaces than have women have to share those spaces with men. I'm a rape survivor and I know women need safe spaces away from people with male genitals. Intersex people are a rare but natural occurrence of a physical variation and we don't prove anything about trans people.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Don’t use feminism to hide behind your transphobia when you’re actively excluded a group of women. Please provide proof of a Lib Dem MP calling for the removal of all biological from Parliament. Terfs are clutching at straws, really trying to scaremonger and pretend our womanhood is being erased. It’s dangerous and a lie
Why can’t people just discus there views, without being called transphobic?!

throwing that word out left right and center. Feels to me as if people are pushed into submission by shouting your a bully.

and in my eyes, you kinda loose your point.

Its a discussion and people will have different opinions and point of views. Due to upbringing and experience.
Even for me it’s hard to wrap my mind around it sometimes.

i just would like to keep my own identity as a woman. And transpeople come in so many shapes and forms nowadays. I’d love to say a trans woman is as much a woman as a cwoman.
But due to the (lack for better word) subcategories in trans atm. It’s hard to see where the line can be drawn.

In my opinion it also always seems to be the mtf that shout the loudest. I do not hear ftm say to much.

Reactions: 14
My view is -
Penis - male
Vagina - female

if someone wants to call themself or lives as ths opposite I don’t give a flying f**k Do what makes you happy 👏

Reactions: 1

throwing that word out left right and center. Feels to me as if people are pushed into submission by shouting your a bully.

and in my eyes, you kinda loose your point.

Its a discussion and people will have different opinions and point of views. Due to upbringing and experience.
Even for me it’s hard to wrap my mind around it sometimes.

i just would like to keep my own identity as a woman. And transpeople come in so many shapes and forms nowadays. I’d love to say a trans woman is as much a woman as a cwoman.
But due to the (lack for better word) subcategories in trans atm. It’s hard to see where the line can be drawn.

In my opinion it also always seems to be the mtf that shout the loudest. I do not hear ftm say to much.
This is exactly the problem. Anyone who dares to think for themselves gets called a bully and a TERF. As women we're allowed to think for ourselves. Being told to think a certain way and getting shouted down and called TERFs? That's far from feminism

Reactions: 19
This is exactly the problem. Anyone who dares to think for themselves gets called a bully and a TERF. As women we're allowed to think for ourselves. Being told to think a certain way and getting shouted down and called TERFs? That's far from feminism
Exactly, i happily hear a transperson out if it’s a healthy balanced discussion of each other’s points of views.
But the TERF comments just take it a bit to far.

Transphobic
adjective
1. having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

Calling trans women men and referring to them as ‘men in dresses’ is transphobic. Would you not agree? Which is exactly what has been said on this thread. I’m just calling it as I see it.

Exactly, i happily hear a transperson out if it’s a healthy balanced discussion of each other’s points of views.
But the TERF comments just take it a bit to far.

You don’t want a healthy discussion, you want a place to come and spew your scaremongering and prejudices and then cry and pull the ‘woe is me, I’m being attacked because I’m a woman’ card when confronted and challenged. FYI TERF isn’t a slur. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Firstly I think there’s too much focus on trans women especially when most of the trans community seem to be either non binary or trans men. Personally I’ve always experienced trans men and non binary people in a really positive way. I’ve learnt from them been educated by them when i haven’t used the right language and so on. It’s always been an absolutely privilege meeting that part of the community. Trans women erm not so much, to the point where I feel ashamed to be cis-sexual in a trans woman’s company. it seems to me to be viewed as some sort of dirty privilege. But most trans women, not all, won’t have had the experience of growing up female where we often instinctively know we are the prey. Not sure if I’m making any sense. The thing is I want to learn. I’d like to think that I am inclusive but through personal experience of trans woman over the last few years I’m finding it very difficult. Maybe, it’s in built in women to see masculinity as a threat so if a trans woman can pass as cis, like Nikki Tutorials we are okay because cis woman aren’t generally threats to other cis woman. That’s not to say trans woman are threats to cis woman, but like I say cis women can see masculinity as a threat. Not sure if I’m making any sense. I’m sharing my personal experiences and opinions. Call me out if you need to.

Transphobic
adjective
1. having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

Calling trans women men and referring to them as ‘men in dresses’ is transphobic. Would you not agree? Which is exactly what has been said on this thread. I’m just calling it as I see it.

You don’t want a healthy discussion, you want a place to come and spew your scaremongering and prejudices and then cry and pull the ‘woe is me, I’m being attacked because I’m a woman’ card when confronted and challenged. FYI TERF isn’t a slur. 🤷🏿‍♀️
Trans women are not women. They're not. If anyone wants to be referred to as she/ her, I will do so and I will respect their courage to want to live as women. But trans women are not women. Nor are trans men men. When women are being told that they're hiding behind feminism (WTF) for having valid concerns, you know something is very wrong. This whole trans ideology has failed women IMO. The want to appear "right on" has trumped logic in a lot of cases. I won't be reduced to the term "cis". As I said earlier, women should not be subcategories of their own gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't remember his name, I'll keep looking. But ask the question to yourself, if you believe transwomen are wholly and completely women (and female) would you be happy with that split?

What am I excluding them from? They can still be in parliament, just perhaps not on an all women shortlist.

I am a feminist because I believe female people are oppressed by the patriarchy because of their bodies (as the childbearing sex). I also believe in dismantling gender roles so anyone can live as they please without certain clothes, activities, personality traits being linked to sex.

Fwiw I fully support transwomen with Gender Recognition Certificates being welcomed into all female spaces. The issue is with self ID laws that allow anyone to demand they be treated as a woman. We have already had violent male bodied people (eg "Karen White") be placed in womens prisons and go on to rape their vulnerable inmates and self ID isn't even law yet. Rape victims are told they must refer to their rapist as "she" in court. We do not trust the system to keep us safe.

The trend is to make women move up, make space, change our language so it's inclusive, but these questions are never asked of men. Why can't we make men's spaces safer for all men no matter what they wear? Why don't we make the men's category in sports "open" so any trans person, or women, can enter while protecting the female category?

I want trans people and women to be safe and happy, we need to be having sensible conversations about how best we do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Firstly I think there’s too much focus on trans women especially when most of the trans community seem to be either non binary or trans men. Personally I’ve always experienced trans men and non binary people in a really positive way. I’ve learnt from them been educated by them when i haven’t used the right language and so on. It’s always been an absolutely privilege meeting that part of the community. Trans women erm not so much, to the point where I feel ashamed to be cis-sexual in a trans woman’s company. it seems to me to be viewed as some sort of dirty privilege. But most trans women, not all, won’t have had the experience of growing up female where we often instinctively know we are the prey. Not sure if I’m making any sense. The thing is I want to learn. I’d like to think that I am inclusive but through personal experience of trans woman over the last few years I’m finding it very difficult. Maybe, it’s in built in women to see masculinity as a threat so if a trans woman can pass as cis, like Nikki Tutorials we are okay because cis woman aren’t generally threats to other cis woman. That’s not to say trans woman are threats to cis woman, but like I say cis women can see masculinity as a threat. Not sure if I’m making any sense. I’m sharing my personal experiences and opinions. Call me out if you need to.
I agree there are some trans women who are very anti cis woman and can use words that seem to give off the impression that they hold some type of deep seated misogynistic views (describing cis women as ‘fish’ for example) and some trans women who I will never agree with when it comes to sex (Riley Dennis and her views on biological sex being a social concept) I personally feel those type of trans women are so few and far between, literally a small section of the community, however people with a general disliking of trans women use them to perpetuate their transphobia. The majority of trans women I’ve come into contact with personally have been lovely, accept biological sex and are just trying to live their lives in peace without fear of being ostracised and violently harmed. There’s probably people on here with a far better knowledge of gender identity than me and I don’t want to come off as speaking for the trans community as I haven’t lived their struggles but from an outsider perspective it just seems like JK and co. are dog piling trans women, a vulnerable group who already face a lot of violence and venom

Reactions: 3
How is pointing out biological sex is real and only women have periods dog pilling?

And is anyone going to address my post on women’s sport or is that transphobia as well?

Reactions: 11
How is pointing out biological sex is real and only women have periods dog pilling?

And is anyone going to address my post on women’s sport or is that transphobia as well?
That's the thing. This was about women, the trans community and trans activists made it about them. Some of the hateful abuse she has received is utterly shocking. Threats of physical violence and so on. Someone also suggested that JK Rowling just did this to get some attention, which is laughable. She's a multi billionaire author and doesn't need the attention. Maybe she was tweeting because she's a middle aged woman who is fed up with women being reduced to subcategories and "woman" almost being seen as a dirty word.

Oh and I think Daniel Radcliffe selling JK Rowling up the river is despicable. Yet another example of how skewed this new wave of feminism has become. Men are literally telling women how they should feel

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it's a bit too easy to write-off some of the fringe elements as just a few extremists on the Internet, as if the Internet isn't real life. Riley Dennis has 88k YouTube subscribers and 40k on twitter. Where do we think young people will go for information and community when they feel they don't fit in with society?

Reactions: 10
My view is -
Penis - male
Vagina - female

if someone wants to call themself or lives as ths opposite I don’t give a flying f**k Do what makes you happy 👏
Totally Agree 👏👏

It becomes a problem when they expect others to change to suit them.

Reactions: 8
Woman: expresses an opinion in a calm and measured way without using hateful or derogatory language.

Almost everyone else: OMG shut the duck up witch/bleep/hag/terf lalala we’re not listening.

Twitter is a hell of a place.
This is why I'm annoyed that we're getting called the nasty ones here on this forum, none of us have gone anywhere near that sort of language, and this is one of the few places we can speak up about our concerns without being called a wretched bleep, a massive witch, a vile rotten hag, being told to suck men's dicks, etc etc.

And before anyone says oh these are just isolated incidents on Twitter, that first tweet has 18k likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.