Gender discussions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JKR always takes her sweet time to think and think and compose the perfect response. Every word is so precise and measured. She is a queen.
She is so eloquent. I actually popped an email along to her to thank her for standing up for us. She said she has had thousands of emails so doubt she will see mine, lol.

SO true. I am going through JK's "likes" on Twitter and there are some good accounts to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I love JKR for this and Stephen King! Great to see support from such a prominent writer. Hope the tide is turning

Reactions: 4
I love that Stephen King retweeted her! Seems like the older generation generally has more sense

Reactions: 8
I love that Stephen King retweeted her! Seems like the older generation generally has more sense
It is sad that it is coming from multimillionaires only but they have less to lose than us average folk. Hopefully, more people will start seeing sense.

Reactions: 3
My favourite bookshop shared on IG a photo about how disappointed they are with JK Rowling and how they are all for trans rights.
Friends of mine have "liked" it. Ugh. And there are people in the comments saying they need to stop selling JK Rowling's books. Honestly, what is wrong with these idiots?

Lost in my own thoughts but I feel like there are two "types" of trans people:
1. genuine souls who want basic respect and human rights and who are quite peaceful.
2. the extreme movement who are trying to erode women's rights - Emilia Decaudin, Rachel McKinnon/Veronica Ivy, Jessica Yaniv, etc.

Let me be clear, I am talking about 2 on this thread. There are many trans people who are against everything the extreme group is screaming about. It is a real shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
My favourite bookshop shared on IG a photo about how disappointed they are with JK Rowling and how they are all for trans rights.
Friends of mine have "liked" it. Ugh. And there are people in the comments saying they need to stop selling JK Rowling's books. Honestly, what is wrong with these idiots?

Lost in my own thoughts but I feel like there are two "types" of trans people:
1. genuine souls who want basic respect and human rights and who are quite peaceful.
2. the extreme movement who are trying to erode women's rights - Emilia Decaudin, Rachel McKinnon/Veronica Ivy, Jessica Yaniv, etc.

Let me be clear, I am talking about 2 on this thread. There are many trans people who are against everything the extreme group is screaming about. It is a real shame.
I think we're pretty much all in agreement. No one hates #1 they are authentic, feel GD and just want to live their lives, like Buck, Blaire White and a few others on twitter, AND they see why number 2 and these extreme ideas like male periods are ridiculous and scary.

The main problem here is that anyone who tries to make that distinction is labelled a transphobe even #1. People like us are trying to make that distinction and the overwhelming view is that we hate all trans people. No.
I've seen it the few times I've talked to these extremists they contradict themselves all the time and anyone who questions them is a haterrr.

The 100% real women rethoric, the" no were not denying biology(the ones who are just can't make the distinction between sex and gender) but TW also get periods because the hormones they are on modifies the hypophysis of their brain which causes hormone fluctuation. " -> lmao and you wonder why doctor's here are not wasting their time researching this BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That strange glossary seems to suggest that vaginas are the sole domain of post-op TW.

Surely this is from The Onion or similar?!

Reactions: 3
That strange glossary seems to suggest that vaginas are the sole domain of post-op TW.

Surely this is from The Onion or similar?!
Right. It reads like satire.

Another unfollow for me. Fundamentally I get what she is saying but it doesn't mean it's not taking away from women's rights. She is also referencing Stonewall who is facing lawsuits right now.

"But also not all people who menstruate are women."

Someone commented there about a "man" being pregnant and I just can't get on board with that.
"Absolutely! I had a (transgender) male patient who was pregnant and found it so hard that all the services (not just healthcare... baby groups, yoga groups, leaflets... all of it) were so female-centric. Thankfully he ultimately had a smooth home birth (I know the thought of being on a maternity ward was quite daunting) with a lovely midwife team and it was all very positive despite the challenges. Such an important topic and it reaches wider than just periods."

Of course, it was female-centric because it is women who get pregnant. I don't understand why someone who wants to transition to a man because they HATE being a woman, would even want to go through pregnancy? It doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Of course, it was female-centric because it is women who get pregnant. I don't understand why someone who wants to transition to a man because they HATE being a woman, would even want to go through pregnancy? It doesn't make sense to me.
Because it’s fashionable And because it affords them the attention they crave. Men CANNOT give birth to children. It is scientifically impossible. A woman who wishes to be male can, but fundamentally - it is still a woman. Whether they like it or not, whether it suits their agenda or not. It is still a woman.

Reactions: 6
Because it’s fashionable And because it affords them the attention they crave. Men CANNOT give birth to children. It is scientifically impossible. A woman who wishes to be male can, but fundamentally - it is still a woman. Whether they like it or not, whether it suits their agenda or not. It is still a woman.
Yep, they obviously are not transitioned at all as they are getting periods and have a vagina to birth a baby out of. So they are neither on male hormones or had surgery. They are still a woman.

Reactions: 2
This is truly becoming a bit terrifying, isn’t it? I’m so glad JK has the balls to stand up and speak the truth, in such eloquent terms. What is happening in the world that someone can’t hear a differing opinion without branding whoever said it a TERF, bigot or [other base insult]? It’s so frustrating and saddening that there is no room for a debate on this subject which is nuanced and complex, and ultimately, any decent person broadly believes in rights for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.