Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly wow. These accounts are much worse than I even imagined. They really do believe women should be seen and not heard don’t they

Reactions: 9
I wonder what these misogynistic doctors would say to a lesbian who wanted to have her tubes tied? Can’t use the “your future husband might want kids” excuse there, although they might try.

Reactions: 12

These bullet points are excellent. Something I need to remember when the TRAs rubbish gets brought up.

The author of this website is astute and spot on.
She worked for the Samaritans.

"Of those who weren’t sex callers, those who wanted to, or were in the process of, or had completed transition, I never once felt I was listening to someone who was really a woman. As far as I was concerned, these were deeply unhappy, often very lonely and, in some cases probably mentally ill men. Of course, those trans people who weren’t unhappy and lonely wouldn’t be calling the Samaritans"

An article I read a while back 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

These bullet points are excellent. Something I need to remember when the TRAs rubbish gets brought up.

The author of this website is astute and spot on.
She worked for the Samaritans.

"Of those who weren’t sex callers, those who wanted to, or were in the process of, or had completed transition, I never once felt I was listening to someone who was really a woman. As far as I was concerned, these were deeply unhappy, often very lonely and, in some cases probably mentally ill men. Of course, those trans people who weren’t unhappy and lonely wouldn’t be calling the Samaritans"

An article I read a while back 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
They can't get a period. OMG. At best a hormone imbalance/reaction because they're pumped full of hormones they're not supposed to have. Also who gives a duck, my periods have always been abnormal and attrocious and it took years to be diagnosed with endometriosis every other doctor basically prescribed tylenol/drugstore basic pain meds.

Reactions: 11
They can't get a period. OMG. At best a hormone imbalance/reaction because they're pumped full of hormones they're not supposed to have. Also who gives a duck, my periods have always been abnormal and attrocious and it took years to be diagnosed with endometriosis every other doctor basically prescribed tylenol/drugstore basic pain meds.
I'm feeling the rage 😡 currently off work with endometriosis complications and waiting for bowel surgery. It took 17 years to be heard and finally diagnosed. As a woman you don't get heard.
I've been given morphine intravenously and it didn't even take the edge off the pain.
Any bloke who dares to say he understands or has period pain. I'd lob my used sanitary towel at him
I'm on a rant. I just can't even begin to understand why a bloke would want period pain, to bleed or a smear test. It's sick and it's psychiatric

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

I feel like 5 years ago even I would've scoffed at this in the same way I would've scoffed at the idea of anyone taking self ID seriously. Now, it's just scary.
Sick duck. And terrifying.

Have you seen this one?

"A Canadian man who was married, with seven kids, has left his family in order to fulfill his true identity - as a six-year-old girl"

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
  • Wow
Wow. I don't really hear about Canada here in the UK, all we get is US this US that...

Reactions: 1
Has anyone seen this? The man who won the court case in order have 'non-binary' recognised as a legal gender, and then became a trans woman, has now detransitioned and is speaking out. Long but very interesting

1613561805794.png

Reactions: 3
I saw on tiktok a video from a trans woman who shortly after coming out as trans, decided to use a woman’s bathroom. Then going on to say that a little girl saw her in there and started screaming (but it was implied IMO that the girl opened the cubicle door/saw the TW’s penis rather than the TW walking in and the little girl freaking out at the mere sight of them - they didn’t look obviously manly to me, no beard/muscles/prominent Adam’s apple - appreciate it might have been different in the situation). their caption was laughing about it, comments full of support for the TW. My mind honestly Boggles, as a little girl (hell as a grown woman) I would have been in great discomfort if I came across a TW in the loo esp. if they hadn’t transitioned and their penis was in sight, but all the comments referring to this were then screamed at to stop being transphobic.
I know the argument always is ‘oh they just want to pee’, I can respect that this may be true and it’s not as though the majority (I would hope) wave their willies around the women’s loos - but it doesn’t take away from those who DO use or see that as an opportunity to prey on women 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not sure if its been mentioned before sorry, but I thought it looked interesting - South Africa are looking at adding a third gender to their ID forms, it looks like trans individuals won't be able to list themselves as the gender they feel they are - but instead will have a third option

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/what-is-difference-sex-third-gender-south-africa-trans-laws/
I see this as the best option to take, I also think that this is the route that should be taken in terms of loos so that transpeople don’t encroach on other vulnerable spaces e.g. the women’s loos or the disabled loos. But I feel like, at least for the ‘extremists’ (for want of a better term) this isn’t enough, this will never be enough.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.