Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched the Philosophy Tube coming out video and didn't like the way they dismissed natal female feminism as 'tea with the queen' or 'boss babe seminars'. 1) I'm anti-monarchy. 2) MLM's use 'boss babe' and the illusion of achieving female independence to trap and take advantage of women who, because of their sex and how society treats them because of their sex, are desperate for work they can do from home, flexibly alongside child care.

Thorn comes out as seeing their own 'feminism' as superior to the feminism of natal born women. Like I watch it and feel it comes across that they know nothing about the experience of natal women and the challenges we face at all.
Honestly, I can't think of one single thing biological women have in common with transwomen. Not one. Makes absolutely no sense for us to be lumped into the same group.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just watched the Philosophy Tube coming out video and didn't like the way they dismissed natal female feminism as 'tea with the queen' or 'boss babe seminars'. 1) I'm anti-monarchy. 2) MLM's use 'boss babe' and the illusion of achieving female independence to trap and take advantage of women who, because of their sex and how society treats them because of their sex, are desperate for work they can do from home, flexibly alongside child care.

Thorn comes out as seeing their own 'feminism' as superior to the feminism of natal born women. Like I watch it and feel it comes across that they know nothing about the experience of natal women and the challenges we face at all.
He thinks his feminism is superior because he thinks he is superior. He thinks of himself as a better, more enlightened kind of woman than actual women. That video and statement are thoroughly dismissive of women in many ways and I find it highly misogynistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Anyone else here not give a tit about pronouns?

Pronouns are for other people’s convenience. They're not for the person being talked about, and they have nothing to do with respect. They don’t exist for the subject’s own validation.

It’s nobody’s business what other people think, and forcing others to validate your fantasy self-image is intrusive and demanding. Pronoun demands are like an honorific.

Choosing your own pronouns is a privilege, not a right. I only kowtow to them when I have to avoid trouble.

• Haha
  • Heart

These statements would be accurate if Jack is in fact a homeopath or Sam is 54. Which is akin to what you're doing when you're a man claiming to be a woman

• Heart
Reactions: 15
He thinks his feminism is superior because he thinks he is superior. He thinks of himself as a better, more enlightened kind of woman than actual women. That video and statement are thoroughly dismissive of women in many ways and I find it highly misogynistic.
Standard TW misogyny - I’m better than <spit> cis women because I worked for my womanhood. So cliched.

A trans woman died yesterday or the day before I think and somebody I follow has been retweeting tweets about it. "in no way meant to be listened by straight people"??? I genuinely am confused as to what's acceptable nowadays because you get told if you try and you get told off if you try and they think you're trying to hard. Since when did music have a gender ban on it? If I can't listen to trans people's music (I don't) then surely they can't listen to cis people's music?
Sophie, the singer who died, worked with straight cis people. Their music was for everyone and this comment is offensive to her memory. Music is meant to join people together, not separate.

Pronouns are for other people’s convenience. They're not for the person being talked about, and they have nothing to do with respect. They don’t exist for the subject’s own validation.

It’s nobody’s business what other people think, and forcing others to validate your fantasy self-image is intrusive and demanding. Pronoun demands are like an honorific.

Choosing your own pronouns is a privilege, not a right. I only kowtow to them when I have to avoid trouble.
I don’t know your gender but would you like it if you were referred to as the opposite? In a meeting day, if someone introduced you as Mr Smith when you identify as being a woman for example?

Reactions: 1
I don’t know your gender but would you like it if you were referred to as the opposite? In a meeting day, if someone introduced you as Mr Smith when you identify as being a woman for example?
I don't identify as a woman, I am one. I'm not unreasonable enough to demand that everyone else invert reality, so I don't know how it feels to be so attached to opposite-sex pronouns.

• Heart
I don't identify as a woman, I am one. I'm not unreasonable enough to demand that everyone else invert reality, so I don't know how it feels to be so attached to opposite-sex pronouns.
I didn’t know if you were a man or a woman that’s why I said identify. You said you don’t ‘give a tit about pronouns’ so surely you wouldn’t give a tit if everyone constantly referred to you as Mr/him/his.

Reactions: 2

So stunning, so brave 😂

In what world would an obvious woman be referred to as a man or ‘Mr so and so’ unless they 100% looked like a man? Even when someone has (I’m going by the typical male norms here!) short hair, no make up, men’s clothing etc, you still know if they’re male or female. We have eyes and ears.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I didn’t know if you were a man or a woman that’s why I said identify. You said you don’t ‘give a tit about pronouns’ so surely you wouldn’t give a tit if everyone constantly referred to you as Mr/him/his.
I would just be bemused if it happened. But it wouldn't because the key difference is that I'm genuinely not a man.

In what world would an obvious woman be referred to as a man or ‘Mr so and so’ unless they 100% looked like a man? Even when someone has (I’m going by the typical male norms here!) short hair, no make up, men’s clothing etc, you still know if they’re male or female. We have eyes and ears.
You know what, although I dress fairly feminine these days, I have masculine physical features, and I actually was "misgendered" as a teenager several times. I didn't care at all! It's an innocent mistake.

Reactions: 5
I'm so annoyed that these people who are obviously born male are now trying to take away the tiny bit of protection and privilege that we've fought decades for. Notice how FtM transgender folks never act so aggressively towards biological females, because they know what it's like to be a woman and that doesn't just go away when they transition. We are still on average smaller, weaker, more prone to being victims of violence (sexual or otherwise), and despite all the strides women have made over the years, we don't have the optionality that men have in life. Even simple, unchangeable facts like the biological clock are much more applicable to women even if sperm quality decreases with age, because a 70 year old man can always find a 20 something to breed with but it's not an option for us. Being the receiving partner in sex also makes us more prone to STIs and HPV is undetectable in men and mainly causes cervical cancer in women. Life as a whole is TOUGHER for us socially, practically, and even biologically and we never had a choice in any of this, because we were born into our gender. How dare they suggest that we're not being inclusive enough, when they have no idea what it's like to live as a female.

• Heart
“Shut up, woman! The autogynephiles are talking!”

”Shut up, woman! The trans sports players are talking!”

✨Inclusivity is wonderful✨

Reactions: 11
So fed up with seeing "W. H. O. says it is/isn't safe for pregnant people to have the COVID-19 vaccine." Only one type of people gets pregnant, and that is women!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So fed up with seeing "W. H. O. says it is/isn't safe for pregnant people to have the COVID-19 vaccine." Only one type of people gets pregnant, and that is women!
This is something I struggle with. I don’t see why it can’t be ‘Pregnant women and people’ or something instead of just removing the women part. I know the argument is that if you feel uncomfortable with changing your language it’s because you are reducing women to their anatomical abilities which isn’t feminist...’ yadda yadda. And I know that women are more that pregnancy and menstruation but I also know that these two things have been looked down by society since the Bible ages. Women getting pregnant would make it difficult for them to keep their jobs, mensuration has such a taboo-ness around it still, etc etc. So why can’t it be celebrated in that regard? You can only have periods and have babies if you have female anatomy, why is it rude to want to support that?

Reactions: 7
A lot of world salad and tiresome outraged nonsense.

They aren’t going to “erase” the gender neutral toilets. The government simply have recognised the trend that creating these gender-neutral loos places women at a disadvantage.

Here’s what they’re angry with (I presume) -https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/toilet-provision-for-men-and-women-call-for-evidence/toilet-provision-for-men-and-women-call-for-evidence

“We just want to pee.” So go pee, I’m not stopping you. But don’t stop the government from actually putting facilities in place for women - not just “gender neutral” facilities like the ones I avoid in shopping centres.

And they always think of the butch lesbians at the last minute because it fits in with their argument. They don’t give a hoot about lesbians otherwise.

Nope don't think you're reading it wrong... pretty racist huh. (Are they saying black women & woc would experience an increase in harassment because they're less of a real woman? I hope not ☹)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
That sounds a lot to me like racist stereotypes that Black women are inherently more "masculine" than women of other races (thus according to this person would be more likely to be suspected of being men under "bathroom bill" laws)

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.