Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

... and people wonder why the LGB Alliance was founded...

This bit is also dreadful...
Gah this annoys me. I'm sorry but I couldn't give a bollocks about what a transwoman has to say on womens issues. There is nothing they can teach us. Nothing. Why can't they accept they have our own challenges and they have theirs? We are not one and the same

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I read an interesting article on this a while ago, it was basically saying how this is just creating another social barrier for many people, like older people or people who don't live in cities etc who may not come across these terms
It’s hurting members of society who are already marginalised: the disabled, the poor, the elderly and those who don’t speak English as their first language.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry if this has been posted already but anyone seen this? I’m so annoyed, are we rewriting science now??

I’m still on the 3rd thread, I’m so far behind and need to catch up 😅 hearing your perspectives have been really refreshing, I appreciate you all!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Gah this annoys me. I'm sorry but I couldn't give a bollocks about what a transwoman has to say on womens issues. There is nothing they can teach us. Nothing. Why can't they accept they have our own challenges and they have theirs? We are not one and the same
You mean you can't just switch on 'girl mode' and understand what if means to be a woman? ;) Someone please tell Eddie.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry if this has been posted already but anyone seen this? I’m so annoyed, are we rewriting science now??

I’m still on the 3rd thread, I’m so far behind and need to catch up 😅 hearing your perspectives have been really refreshing, I appreciate you all!
This is my biggest annoyance in the 'sports debate' - nobody is 'banning from participating in school sports' - they are still allowed to participate in sports according to their sex, as they should be (with the possibly exception of a transman who has already started testosterone injections as that could possibly be classed as doping.)

Reactions: 16

Welcome 😊

Re: science, we are entering a time of reverse enlightenment I think.

I've not had a coffee yet this morning so this may come out garbled...I was listening to an audio book the other day about the Battle of Troy and in the afterword section they said how fact and myth of these stories are hard to determine because of the stories being passed on by oral tradition over many centuries, and how there was a period of literacy and then a chunk of time where civilization then seemed to go dark in terms of literacy and then here we are today with a period of enlightenment again. It made me think of the possibility that we have advanced a lot in the past 100 years but that we are sort of falling back with this rampant misogyny and homophobia and gender woo. Perhaps we are turning backs on science and truth and headed for idiocy. It just made me think really.

Hopefully the masses will peak and this will be quashed because if kids in school now are being gaslit and lied to on mass then this will become more difficult to challenge.

Reactions: 9
Welcome 😊

Re: science, we are entering a time of reverse enlightenment I think.

I've not had a coffee yet this morning so this may come out garbled...I was listening to an audio book the other day about the Battle of Troy and in the afterword section they said how fact and myth of these stories are hard to determine because of the stories being passed on by oral tradition over many centuries, and how there was a period of literacy and then a chunk of time where civilization then seemed to go dark in terms of literacy and then here we are today with a period of enlightenment again. It made me think of the possibility that we have advanced a lot in the past 100 years but that we are sort of falling back with this rampant misogyny and homophobia and gender woo. Perhaps we are turning backs on science and truth and headed for idiocy. It just made me think really.

Hopefully the masses will peak and this will be quashed because if kids in school now are being gaslit and lied to on mass then this will become more difficult to challenge.
I think in every age - even in the 'dark ages', there are those who want to pursue and protect knowledge and those who fall prey to superstition and inflexible beliefs.

I highly recommend Sagan's 'demon haunted world' on this. Or, if you don't have time, look up his 'dragon in my garage' and baloney detector kit.

Reactions: 5

Sorry but why the duck! Are disabled women being lumped in with trans women? It honestly just makes it sound like they think they are as much women as disabled women are, thus, disabled women are lesser than able bodied? That’s what it sounds like to me. They do the same with black women, which I’m sorry but .. is racist AF

Omg guys, this person has cracked it.. women should just get better at sports if they want to win against biological men.
1E665680-10CA-4CA1-80B2-CD748D7F7C36.png

Last edited:
Sorry but why the duck! Are disabled women being lumped in with trans women? It honestly just makes it sound like they think they are as much women as disabled women are, thus, disabled women are lesser than able bodied? That’s what it sounds like to me. They do the same with black women, which I’m sorry but .. is racist AF
they always, always throw women of colour and disabled women in transgender if they're somehow not women because they're women of colour or disabled which is so, so racist and ableist.

Reactions: 17
Has anyone seen any examples of the word ‘men’ or ‘man’ being dismissed in favour of ‘those with testicles’ or ‘people who have a prostate’ yet? I must admit, I don’t really read up on men’s health much but wondered if it had come up as much (or at all) as we seem to be experiencing.

Has anyone seen any examples of the word ‘men’ or ‘man’ being dismissed in favour of ‘those with testicles’ or ‘people who have a prostate’ yet? I must admit, I don’t really read up on men’s health much but wondered if it had come up as much (or at all) as we seem to be experiencing.
I also haven't seen the phrase 'non-woman'.

Reactions: 8
I feel like these identities are getting so niche that we're getting to the point of sexual/attraction preferences for things like brunettes or tall ppl will end up as identities with flags. :rolleyes:
I really like beards, that is my sexuality, and anybody who is ever mean to me or rude to me in life is clearly discriminating against me because of that

I’ve never seen it personally, and I’ve looked for it. It’s the one thing that is great to use in arguments against people who don’t think TRAs are misogynists

Reactions: 7
I'm sorry but this person is not well- they should be seeking help for their GD and not demanding that language be changed for a tiny minority of transmen or 'non binary' people that might be pregnant. They can duck off with their Trans English and attempts to butcher the English language.

I'm sorry but this person is not well- they should be seeking help for their GD and not demanding that language be changed for a tiny minority of transmen or 'non binary' people that might be pregnant. They can duck off with their Trans English and attempts to butcher the English language.

so.. the only aspect of women's health that is relevant is reproductive? no other health concerns at all.. and "birth parents", what if they are adoptive parents?

Omg guys, this person has cracked it.. women should just get better at sports if they want to win against biological men.
View attachment 546438
and they're cutting out the hard sciences out of the curriculum of US schools. These dumbasses. Serena Williams was beat by a whole highschool boys team, I think even boys who were mediocre beat her (I'd have to find the video for clarification). But duck these idiots.

disabled women now too? nice to see them expand their bigotry. Disabled? must be a dude. Not white? must be a dude.

so.. the only aspect of women's health that is relevant is reproductive? no other health concerns at all.. and "birth parents", what if they are adoptive parents?
and foster parents, god parents, guardians etc..

they always, always throw women of colour and disabled women in transgender if they're somehow not women because they're women of colour or disabled which is so, so racist and ableist.
one of the reasons i try and pass as white.

Last edited:
I wonder how far the language police will go. Will books have to be re-edited and rereleased to say they/them?

Titles redone to avoid 'tRaNsPhObIa'? E.g :-

The Menstruator in White
Little Non-Men
The Non-Prince Marriage Partner
Non-man with a Pearl Earring
Gone Womb-holder
The Terf on the Train
Of Mice and Prostate Havers

Etc :sick:

Not to mention changing every he and she for they and then sentences no longer making sense... (n)

Will films have to be rereleased with crap dubbing over the top so when a guy in Grease says 'Hey Girl!' or whatever, a harsh stern voice dubs the chosen pronouns of the day?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Nope.

Doesn’t happen.

Look at the Twitter feed of Prostate Cancer UK.

Man
Men
Men
Men

Even their logo is a stick man made up of other stick men.

Where are the people yelling about inclusivity and sending rape and death threats? “Not everyone with a prostate is a man 🥰” etc?

Attachments

• Angry
Perhaps the text as well? Austen becomes ‘It is a truth universally acknowledged that a prostate haver in possession of good fortune must be in want of a person with a menstrual cycle.’

• Haha

He can ram his inclusive language up his shite pipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.