Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reform for me.

Not voting Tory because they've completely fucked the dog on almost everything despite an 80 seat majority.

Not voting Labour because of above mentioned U-turns on gender ideology. They now claim to be able to say what a woman is but it feels like they'll abandon this as soon as they get anywhere near Government. Also realistically they're so close to the Tories on most things otherwise it's not going to change much. There's a reason "the Uniparty" is a meme.

Lib Dems and Greens are totally captured. Also the latter want to kill off nuclear power which I'm a huge supporter of. I can't stand anti-nuclear types. They are the anti-vaxxers of energy policy.

That leaves Reform. I don't think Farage has all the answers but he's the only one who acknowledges the question a lot of the time. Yes, I know about protest votes but honestly? I don't care. Our political classes are so crap and captured in many ways that I don't care. A work colleague of mine sometimes watches footage of 1970s and 1980s House of Commons debates. Whether you agree with their positions or not, the politicians of back then had both principles and understanding.

Now they're all identikit clones following a cursus honorum to a megacorporation gravy train.

Reactions: 18
There's one flying outside a primary school that I pass by, from time to time. It turns my stomach to see it.

Reactions: 13
The copy of "The Women Who Wouldn't Wheesht" which I ordered via my local library has arrived and the first to read it! Told by the librarian it's a 14 day loan only, hopefully because it's going to be very much in demand!

(I could have bought the book but I requested the library purchase so it's readily available to more people! Goodness knows we need some balance on those library shelves, there's already too much gender nonsense!)

Reactions: 33
View attachment 3009170 Of course now he has the fashion accessory du jour (transed kid) he’s such a great ally Apparently it’s moths on his suit, how very Silence Of The Lambs.
I don't know what it is about David Tennant but he's always given me the creeps. Only two shows I've seen him in where I thought he played the part well were when he was playing creepy blokes, one being the serial killer Dennis Neilson.

Reactions: 21
I don't know what it is about David Tennant but he's always given me the creeps. Only two shows I've seen him in where I thought he played the part well were when he was playing creepy blokes, one being the serial killer Dennis Neilson.
I thought the same about his portrayal of Nilsen.

I'm wondering if he's just been type-cast?

Edited to add - he played a good part in "Secret Smile", too.

Reactions: 4
I saw clips of that on Gogglebox and yes, he did play the part well. Now if he appears on my tv screen even for seconds I just think ugh.

Reactions: 8

Re voting - the fantastic Elaine Miller posted this article about spoiling your ballot ‘properly’ should you wish to do so. I honestly have no idea how effective it would be, but it’s an interesting read.

I’m in a similar position to a lot of you. Was going to vote SDP but they pulled all their candidates from Wales where I live, to make way for Reform. That left me with Labour, Tory, Lib Dem, Green, Reform, Plaid and and Independent…

It’s either spoil or vote Indy for me.

Reactions: 10
Rishi Sunak has pledged to rewrite the Equality Act as part of the Conservative Party manifesto, to make it clear that sex refers to “biological sex”, and to protect female-only spaces, including hospital wards, lavatories, prisons, and sessions for domestic abuse victims.

The only way to ensure this is done is to vote Conservative, regardless of your feelings for them as a political party. A protest vote will not help women.
---
Article on the NHS nurses who had to share a changing room with a bloke

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I'm attending my local hustings next week and have submitted a question about gender identity and women's spaces. I very much doubt it will be asked but I'm despairing at the lack of dialogue about it in the televised debates.

Agreed. In this instance , it's too important this time around. If you vote labour or spoil your paper you are enabling it. In 2029 Women's rights will be GONE under labour.
Make no mistake.
Look at what's been happening , and it'll be ramped up at the expense of everything else. Women.
I know there are keen, strong labour or libs voters, of course - I have voted for labour and lib dems in the past .
I just think we must pull together on this, just this time around. It's far too important.
The next election, hopefully this fucking bullshit will have been tempered or collared , and the Conservatives will have enshrined Womens spaces and Sex Equality Act etc. - and everyone can vote how they want for the next time.

I - honestly- think that otherwise , we might not be able to vote in 5 years time. Women will have surrendered all rights in legislation for Womens spaces/ access to Women medical teams. Toilets. Everything.
That sound stupid and dramatic?
Labour will have Women registering their voting views before 2029s election. You may not get the chance to vote.
I'd lay my house deeds on it.

Rape Crisis Centre - and they've already been trying it on- a Woman attacked , then has to sit there - BY LAW ANd LEGISLATION proposed by labour ( and libdems snp, etc) - and tell a Man in a frock what happened. So he can enjoy her discomfort....
Health care needs in care homes.
14 Yr old girls on their natural biological needs in a toilet with a Man playing with his cock in the next cubicle, or talking to her at the washbasin, enjoying it........

For God's sake.
Wake up darlings- wake up.

The Conservatives are the only ones who will protect Biological Sex. Women's Spaces and rights and access to Women medical staff.

Think about it.

Now imagine how you and your daughters will be living in Great Britain in 2029. It'll come round bloody soon enough, after this one....

I will always support Women's Rights and Legislation , and fire off on here often enough. I've lost a couple of friends over it. I'll live.......

For God's sake, wake up.

Reactions: 24
I've just checked all the local candidates:
Labour
Conservative
Reform
Green
Liberal Democrats

That's it! No independents, so they're either captured or
Same in our constituency, no independents this time compared to the local elections in May.
---
Have a hospital appointment tomorrow, mustn't forget to take a book to read...

Last edited:
You should share that on the GE thread. They are mad for labour on there.
The Politics threads on every forum I've ever been on have always been heavily left leaning, that's why Corbyn and Labour thought they were going to win last time.
I think it was on the GE thread on here a couple of days ago that someone was belittling the Reform voters, saying they were being brainwashed because of the algorithms. I guess leftist algorithms are more balanced

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.