Gender Discussion #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Appalling attitude from Stephen Nolan of BBC Northern Ireland shouting down a female interviewee - he presented the podcast about the influence of Stonewall on public organisations, including the BBC - and he posted this himself :mad:

What a bastard 😡
He seemed really thick and unable to grasp what she was saying.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
My bookclub book this month was written by a they/them.

Everyone at the discussion referred to them as she/her the entire time which filled me with joy.
The writer wasn't Annalee Newitz, was it? Annalee Newitz writes the worst sex scenes ever and has a thing about bestiality. She writes sci-fi, so there's ways of weaselling round it as "inter-species sex", but that's what it is.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Something I’ve been doing as part of my study, is to contemplate that my premise might be wrong. So for everything you THINK you know, just stop and take a couple of minutes and think about it from the perspective that it’s wrong. Even explore counter arguments that are touted by the opposing side or position. It has to be done in good faith, but it has been very illuminating for me, it has made my work better because I present better arguments AND there have been a few occasions where I’ve changed my position (maybe not to the exact opposite but to a more middle-ground). I’ve been trying to apply it to other areas of my life and recently I did the same with my GC views. It’s made me even more committed and to my position and I feel very confident that gender ideology is a dangerous, reckless phenomenon. This is the hill I’m willing to die on! My only wish is that TRAs would do the same. I know how uncomfortable it can be to have to admit when you’re wrong BUT it also comes with a massive sense of relief when you can surrender that unwinnable fight. Anyway, it’s a good reminder to keep fighting the fight and not be discouraged by the petty name calling and insults that are flung our way!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Something I’ve been doing as part of my study, is to contemplate that my premise might be wrong. So for everything you THINK you know, just stop and take a couple of minutes and think about it from the perspective that it’s wrong. Even explore counter arguments that are touted by the opposing side or position. It has to be done in good faith, but it has been very illuminating for me, it has made my work better because I present better arguments AND there have been a few occasions where I’ve changed my position (maybe not to the exact opposite but to a more middle-ground). I’ve been trying to apply it to other areas of my life and recently I did the same with my GC views. It’s made me even more committed and to my position and I feel very confident that gender ideology is a dangerous, reckless phenomenon. This is the hill I’m willing to die on! My only wish is that TRAs would do the same. I know how uncomfortable it can be to have to admit when you’re wrong BUT it also comes with a massive sense of relief when you can surrender that unwinnable fight. Anyway, it’s a good reminder to keep fighting the fight and not be discouraged by the petty name calling and insults that are flung our way!
Thank you for this, when I first started being drawn toward GC thinking I felt awful, like I was betraying my previous beliefs. It was a confusing and conflicting time for me as a person and a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
They make my blood boil. So, clearly someone senior there is either a trannie or has a trans kid and is doubling down. I really hope this backfires.

On another note - my daughter says they've talked more about Pride in her school than they have about D-Day which just stinks.
I knew that would happen. Absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 15
I genuinely think that most people don’t *really* believe any if it. It either suits their purpose as a vehicle to berate, threaten and abuse women; it serves a sexual/fetishistic purpose; it allows them to wallow in/advertise how ‘special’ and ‘misunderstood’ they are; they go along with it because they’re lemmings and if everyone else is saying it’s true they should probably agree without actually thinking about it; they’re scared of being lambasted for ‘wrong think’; it makes them look good and feel righteous; plus a few other reasons that it’s too early to think of just now.

A few years ago literally no one believed any of this. That didn't suddenly and unilaterally change in the space of a few years. its a vehicle, not a real belief. And that's why it's defended by #nodebate and death threats.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I genuinely think that most people don’t *really* believe any if it. It either suits their purpose as a vehicle to berate, threaten and abuse women; it serves a sexual/fetishistic purpose; it allows them to wallow in/advertise how ‘special’ and ‘misunderstood’ they are; they go along with it because they’re lemmings and if everyone else is saying it’s true they should probably agree without actually thinking about it; they’re scared of being lambasted for ‘wrong think’; it makes them look good and feel righteous; plus a few other reasons that it’s too early to think of just now.

A few years ago literally no one believed any of this. That didn't suddenly and unilaterally change in the space of a few years. its a vehicle, not a real belief. And that's why it's defended by #nodebate and death threats.
This is so true. I never even knew what was happening to be honest until the JKR furore and I honestly could not understand what she’d said that was so terrible, but didn’t dare ask as there was obviously such strong feeling. It was only lurking on the JKR thread and then this one that I even realised that thinking there are only two sexes, and not going along with the concept of gender ideology was considered hateful. Im afraid I’m of an age that I find the whole concept of GI ridiculous and I’m not going believe abstract thoughts and delusions and fetishes outweigh scientific fact. I’m in my 50’s, most people I know are in a similar age group and I don’t know a single person who believes it either.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What a bastard 😡
He seemed really thick and unable to grasp what she was saying.
Doesn't surprise me - he made that excellent podcast, but then this stuff came out

I'm honestly beyond being surprised at anything anyone does these days. So many people will do or say anything to promote themselves, and don't care who gets damaged in the process.

• Sad
This is so true. I never even knew what was happening to be honest until the JKR furore and I honestly could not understand what she’d said that was so terrible, but didn’t dare ask as there was obviously such strong feeling. It was only lurking on the JKR thread and then this one that I even realised that thinking there are only two sexes, and not going along with the concept of gender ideology was considered hateful. Im afraid I’m of an age that I find the whole concept of GI ridiculous and I’m not going believe abstract thoughts and delusions and fetishes outweigh scientific fact. I’m in my 50’s, most people I know are in a similar age group and I don’t know a single person who believes it either.
I think the majority of people know that a man wearing a dress has not magically become a woman but they're all too scared to say so. We're so used to people who shout the loudest being pandered to in our society now that most don't dare to challenge anything because they don't want to be involved in any sort of row.

Plenty of men have realised that this is a way they can put women down. Women having any sort of equality irks them so taking womanhood away from us is their gaslighting response.

Someone I know went to a funeral and wake for an uncle recently where they found their male cousin had chosen that moment to come out as trans and make the day all about them 🙄

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
How bleeping DARE that crappy rugby team speak to Martina like that! Twice surviving cancer, world champion and all round legend. The audacity. Showing their rank misogyny time and time again.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The writer wasn't Annalee Newitz, was it? Annalee Newitz writes the worst sex scenes ever and has a thing about bestiality. She writes sci-fi, so there's ways of weaselling round it as "inter-species sex", but that's what it is.
Thankfully not. No sex in ours haha

I'm not going to name the author as the book isn’t hugely popular and therefore would be outing if you looked at recent reviews on goodreads/storygraph etc.

But it was a good book, told from a girls perspective and no trans stuff in it as it is 90s based (so back when we knew women couldn't have a penis). There was a whole bit about the author at the back about "them" but thankfully all the women at bookclub could see with their own eyes from the 1ich big head shot that she is a woman lol

Reactions: 5
I think Steven Nolan is the kind of bloke ( like Nick Ferrari ) who, because they only have sons not daughters, just doesn’t understand what violence against women is actually like.
Its why people will use a phrase like ‘ imagine if this were your mum, your wife, your sister’ when trying to explain anything to do with VAWG, it’s like some men just can’t relate or empathise as a FELLOW HUMAN BEING.

Reactions: 14
I think Steven Nolan is the kind of bloke ( like Nick Ferrari ) who, because they only have sons not daughters, just doesn’t understand what violence against women is actually like.
Its why people will use a phrase like ‘ imagine if this were your mum, your wife, your sister’ when trying to explain anything to do with VAWG, it’s like some men just can’t relate or empathise as a FELLOW HUMAN BEING.
He's a typical man who believes that women are being OTT when they talk about male violence. He comes from the position of ' I'm a decent man and so are all the men I know so this is an exaggerated threat by women'.

Reactions: 17
He's a typical man who believes that women are being OTT when they talk about male violence. He comes from the position of ' I'm a decent man and so are all the men I know so this is an exaggerated threat by women'.
He's just proved himself to be a massive fuckin hole.

Reactions: 18
Superman is a TERF

Dean Cain was kicked off the Supergirl show where he played her earth dad as his views didn't align with the warped ones of the producers. If you have ever watched Supergirl TV show it makes out it's some feminist triumph but in reality it really is box ticking bingo, it's so shoehorned in its hilariously bad and the adding of a trans superhero into it was just mental.

• Wow
Guess when there's money involved, all the Eddie Izzards know what they really are.... Please never buy from Snag tights.

1717748877730.png

1717749168864.png

I'll not put the higher res photo because, your eyes don't need it.

But of course....

1717749103866.png

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I think the majority of people know that a man wearing a dress has not magically become a woman but they're all too scared to say so. We're so used to people who shout the loudest being pandered to in our society now that most don't dare to challenge anything because they don't want to be involved in any sort of row.

Plenty of men have realised that this is a way they can put women down. Women having any sort of equality irks them so taking womanhood away from us is their gaslighting response.

Someone I know went to a funeral and wake for an uncle recently where they found their male cousin had chosen that moment to come out as trans and make the day all about them 🙄
Someone I know went to a funeral and wake for an uncle recently where they found their male cousin had chosen that moment to come out as trans and make the day all about them

Well, he can't miss an opportunity like that, can he? All of those people - possible some had come from other parts of the country - or even other parts of the world - a captive audience, and one where no-one will want to cause a fuss by telling him he's a twit because it would upset a grieving family.

He wasn't going to get another chance like that.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.