Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was Allison Bailey’s employment tribunal. A Stonewall employee (female, pronouns they/he) had to have her dog, friend and mum with her to testify. They couldn’t all fit into the room so I think the mum had to wait outside.
She now trains people in how to facilitate non-oppressive training 🤡🤣
Apparently the “supportive friend” sitting next to him was none other than Stonewall boss Nancy Kelley, who decided to rescind the supposed much-needed support when told by the judge everyone in the room would have to appear on camera.
---
I went down the rabbit hole or reading up about the surgeon who had performed the surgery, OMG, my eyes have never been so wide - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ronald_Brown. This is what happens if things aren't properly controlled
it’s like that podcast Dr Death , terrible

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Thought I’d check in and see the latest on JKR Vs Dobbie

JKR = still no fucks to give; Dave did an interview with Helen Joyce and the Speccie which I can’t be bothered to watch in full. The bit I did see, he said he agreed with her 100% but just didn’t think she should be saying it :rolleyes:

I don’t think we should be giving this creep any more airtime

Reactions: 33
It was Allison Bailey’s employment tribunal. A Stonewall employee (female, pronouns they/he) had to have her dog, friend and mum with her to testify. They couldn’t all fit into the room so I think the mum had to wait outside.
She now trains people in how to facilitate non-oppressive training 🤡🤣
That's just embarrassing.

Reactions: 11
Just seen, school governor training

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Apparently the “supportive friend” sitting next to him was none other than Stonewall boss Nancy Kelley, who decided to rescind the supposed much-needed support when told by the judge everyone in the room would have to appear on camera.
The fact that the judge had to tell them that everyone on the room needed to be visible on camera was an absolute disgrace. They very clearly thought they could have a senior Stonewall employee coaching them off camera. There should have been contempt of court charges levied in respect of that, it’s deeply duplicitous.

And there are no words for the pathetic ‘emotional support animal’ crap. Always such fragile victims, eh? 🙄

Reactions: 20
LGB Alliance tweeted today that they had met with Anneliese Dodds, Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, to discuss their work. When LGBT Labour found out, this is how they responded, demanding an explanation as if she’d committed some heinous crime. Who do they think they are trying to police who a female MP meets in her position as the shadow minister who’s been given this portfolio? :mad:

1715727824840.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
That school governor training is absolutely shocking. For one that's not what they are recruited for and secondly that material is just disgusting. I imagine that if any of them speak up about it they'll be removed from their position, which is voluntary anyway.
I just cannot believe that they are using those blatantly untrue descriptions for gay and lesbian people, it's unreal...just wow.

---
Just seen
I really don't know anything about Belgian law but from reading the comments on there they imply that sex work is legal there and that this just allows regulations in the same was as someone in an office who isn't performing their job satisfactorily? So many things wrong with this...I can't even begin to get my head around it all...but it isn't good.

Just editing to add that I don't like the term Sex Work because I don't think any woman would really "choose" this as a career....

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
That school governor training is absolutely shocking. For one that's not what they are recruited for and secondly that material is just disgusting. I imagine that if any of them speak up about it they'll be removed from their position, which is voluntary anyway.
I just cannot believe that they are using those blatantly untrue descriptions for gay and lesbian people, it's unreal...just wow.

---

I really don't know anything about Belgian law but from reading the comments on there they imply that sex work is legal there and that this just allows regulations in the same was as someone in an office who isn't performing their job satisfactorily? So many things wrong with this...I can't even begin to get my head around it all...but it isn't good.

Just editing to add that I don't like the term Sex Work because I don't think any woman would really "choose" this as a career....
I HATE the term 'sex work' and the 'sex work is work' bs. It's almost entirely women with no other choices that do it.

I‘ve been thinking about ”misgendering” and “deadnaming” this morning and about how het up people get about them, way way more than any other social faux pas you might commit.

I‘m a woman who gets misgendered a lot, as I’m tall, broad shouldered and have short hair. Once a week or so, I’ll get called sir, or mate, or someone will say something about the man over there, because people are busy and distracted and don’t look properly. And the effect of this heinous misgendering is…nothing. I roll my eyes and go on with my day. And it’s not like it doesn’t matter to me, people thinking I’m masculine or male- it does. It taps into insecurities. I’ve been told all my life that I’m not feminine enough, or I’m coming over as aggressive or women with muscles or my height just aren’t sexually attractive, and when I was younger and my self confidence was low, that tormented me.

So when I hear trans people wigging out over being sir-ed instead of ma’am-ed, or he-d instead of she-d, and people reacting as if a terrible wrong has been done to them, and there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I just think “you know you had another option available to you, which was not to react, right?“

Because what does it matter? It gets to the heart of one of my objections to trans ideology in that it places so much of a persons happiness and ability to thrive into the hands of others. It tells you that people not sharing your perception of yourself are doing you a terrible wrong, and there’s a recipe for psychological torment if ever I heard one. The healthy message is that other people‘s opinions aren’t always very important. My auntie said when I was younger “try not to worry too much what other people think of you, it’s really none of your business”.

likewise with ”deadnaming”. I didn’t take my husbands name on marriage, and that is important to me. I’m not chattel, and my family name has all but died out. It’s a big deal. But I get called “Mrs Mr-Soupy’s-Name” reasonably regularly, so people are casually over riding my strong preference. Do I take to social media to denounce them? No. I say “I kept my own name on marriage”, and move the duck on.

Sorry- bit ranty this morning 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I‘m a woman who gets misgendered a lot, as I’m tall, broad shouldered and have short hair. Once a week or so, I’ll get called sir, or mate, or someone will say something about the man over there, because people are busy and distracted and don’t look properly.
Yeah, I’ve been ‘misgendered’ a fair few times, the most recent being yesterday when I was standing looking at something in a shop and a man‘s voice behind me said, “excuse me laddie” as he was trying to get past. When I moved out the way I saw he was wearing a progress flag lanyard. Made me laugh to be honest, as he clearly mis-aged me as well!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Reactions: 23
I HATE the term 'sex work' and the 'sex work is work' bs. It's almost entirely women with no other choices that do it.
I used to work at a charity that supported prostitutes and offered them ways out if they wanted. This was in the late 90s in a small city and none of the women was foreign or trafficked except by "boyfriends" who lived with them and lived off them.

Almost every single woman was dependent on alcohol or drugs and that dependence was used by "boyfriend"/pimp to control and motivate her. There were a handful of women who had been able to stop working but about half of them had "retired" rather than left, and would go back occasionally to pay for holidays or grandchildren's Christmas etc - that wasn't a real choice, they were on their 50s and 60s, didn't enjoy the work but they had no real options to raise money - and of all the women, working or not, most had never had a traditional job and had no qualifications.

Some of the women did feel - not empowered but pleased/superior that men were so predictable and would pay them for sex, but none who were working were happy or proud or satisfied. One woman had end stage liver disease, badly decompensated cirrhosis, and her "boyfriend" was still making her work, even swollen and yellow. They all felt trapped and used substances to cope with some really difficult feelings. Honestly, some of the conversations I had with those women still haunt me. I shudder to imagine how much worse it is now, with women who have been brought here from abroad to exploit who must be so much more isolated.

I just want to set fire to the Belgian parliament building. What absolute scum to make such a law.

• Sad
  • Angry
It's not part of my normal work but I ended up in a room with what turned out to be young trans people and TRAs for a few hours yesterday. They all seemed under 25. I know this is a cruel thing to say but every single one of them was one or more of the following:

-crushingly lacking in confidence
-obese
-in a wheelchair/using crutches/wearing a hidden disabilities badge
-had blue or other brightly coloured hair
-talked often about them 'being on the spectrum' or (most commonly) ADHD

None of them looked like they were enjoying life. During conversation, none of them seemed to be excited about their careers, their lives, travelling or getting out there and living in any way shape or form. It was like they had retreated for one reason or another and this gender/trans/hidden difference/labelling stuff gave them a cloak to hide behind. I came away feeling really sorry for them all and really concerned for our society as a whole.

• Sad
Reactions: 52
Plus - let's be frank about this - male "lesbians" (which is what a person "identifying" as a woman is*) are not attracted to other male "lesbians". They target and predate women - preferably vulnerable young women who have had it drummed into them to "be kind" or that to refuse is to be a "bigot".

Women are no longer allowed to choose their sexual partners - they "have" to have sex with men claiming to be women, otherwise they are "transphobic".

*Women don't "identify" as being anything - they are women, full stop. They may be bullied, persuaded, gaslighted or coerced into saying they "identify" as "cis" - or see a way to jump onto a social bamdwagon, but all that means is that they don't have an identity as the opposite sex. It doesn't mean that they really identify as anything.

Edit - grammar

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.