Gender Discussion #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there’s two words I loathe at the moment it’s, “Be kind”. Basic being kind isn’t the issue. There’s no need for people to be nasty or hurt anyones feelings deliberately, but this isn’t what it means. It’s basically telling women to put up or shut up. Put their feelings and emotions second, usually to accommodate men and not upset them, however awful they are. It’s something that’s always struck me as weird. Men are portrayed as “big, tough, strong etc” yet women pander and mollycoddle them like little babies. I’ve never, ever felt less important than men, and I’m far from a confident person. I’m a terf and proud of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Third wave feminism convinced us we had it all. Sex work was empowering, be kind and include trans women, be a girl boss with two side hustles, make a million on onlyfans, freeze your eggs until later, hire a surrogate to keep your career and your figure. I’m not saying that we should go back to the fifties at all, but looking at that list did we not see it was unsustainable and also was it really what we wanted? or do all of those things in some way benefit men?

fourth wave feminism will be different. The only silver lining I see in this is it has forced some women to remember that we are stronger together and to try and fight for our collective rights. Every day more women see the problems with men in our spaces. It’s not hopeless.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Ooh caster semenya is going to be on women’s hour today! Should be interesting.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Third wave feminism convinced us we had it all. Sex work was empowering, be kind and include trans women, be a girl boss with two side hustles, make a million on onlyfans, freeze your eggs until later, hire a surrogate to keep your career and your figure. I’m not saying that we should go back to the fifties at all, but looking at that list did we not see it was unsustainable and also was it really what we wanted? or do all of those things in some way benefit men?

fourth wave feminism will be different. The only silver lining I see in this is it has forced some women to remember that we are stronger together and to try and fight for our collective rights. Every day more women see the problems with men in our spaces. It’s not hopeless.
They managed to make it very acceptable and even very politically correct for men on social media or even in real life to yell at women that they were a “TERF” or a “SWERF.”

Er, yes, I think women need their own spaces for safety and privacy, and prostitution involves the subjugation of often desperate women, is demeaning and shouldn’t be normalised.

What a terrible bigot!! screams a male with a beard at me, declaring “bodies aren’t a big deal” and “it’s just a body” and “it’s just a <<male body part>>, why don’t you want it in your female space, etc etc.” Yes, I’m the one with the issue.

Absolutely insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't make it my business to ask people what genitals they have in their pants but if they were born looking outwardly female, and were raised as a girl then I think it would only be at puberty that differences would emerge. This is one of the cases I think is exceptional, but which could be used to make a rule. To my mind, if Caster wants to compete as a woman, they would need to have the testosterone reducing drugs, but I can equally see why someone may not want to change the hormones their body naturally produces, given this is what we are railing against (genetic male suppressing male hormones to 'become a woman'). I have some compassion over their situation, but in terms of competing, it has to be fair for other athletes.

Sitting in a man spreading way is a masculine thing but also I'd see that as a 'butch lesbian' pose too, with the same dress sense

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't make it my business to ask people what genitals they have in their pants but if they were born looking outwardly female, and were raised as a girl then I think it would only be at puberty that differences would emerge. This is one of the cases I think is exceptional, but which could be used to make a rule. To my mind, if Caster wants to compete as a woman, they would need to have the testosterone reducing drugs, but I can equally see why someone may not want to change the hormones their body naturally produces, given this is what we are railing against (genetic male suppressing male hormones to 'become a woman'). I have some compassion over their situation, but in terms of competing, it has to be fair for other athletes.

Sitting in a man spreading way is a masculine thing but also I'd see that as a 'butch lesbian' pose too, with the same dress sense
Semenya has a condition which only affects males

1699353950288.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm a terf. I'm proud to be one. My feminism absolutely excludes men. I know a few handmaidens. They are all Be Kind and mostly married to vile men they can't afford to divorce with part-time jobs , no career and frighteningly low self esteem. Oddly enough...
This is so common.

Reactions: 13
A cross-dressing good ol' boy called Bubba is already low down on my list of people I might have sympathy for, let alone a misogynist with violent fantasies.
I can imagine he held some strong views on topics dear to the heart of Southern Gentlemen.
I try not to judge but I'd bet my bottom dollar he wasn't a fan of POC. Just my opinion, sometimes a stereotype is a stereotype for a reason.
Totally...
Also, I see no sympathy for his wife or his children.
Sorry, but he was someone with a mental illness, not a poor misunderstood 'girl'.🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It's really really sad and tit for sportspeople with DSDs - but they can't compete against people who don't have them. End of story. Be a coach, enjoy sport for its own sake but don't use your unusual biological advance to cheat.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If there’s two words I loathe at the moment it’s, “Be kind”. Basic being kind isn’t the issue. There’s no need for people to be nasty or hurt anyones feelings deliberately, but this isn’t what it means. It’s basically telling women to put up or shut up.
Agreed. Added to which, it’s not ‘kind’ to deceitfully collude in someone’s delusion that they’ve achieved an impossible feat of transfiguration.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's really really sad and tit for sportspeople with DSDs - but they can't compete against people who don't have them. End of story. Be a coach, enjoy sport for its own sake but don't use your unusual biological advance to cheat.
It is sad, especially as most or even all of them in sport were specifically recruited by agents as they know full well that the loophole allowed men to compete as women.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Semenya has a condition which only affects males

View attachment 2556920
I understand the issue, but from what I see about their history, they will have had ambiguous genitalia and been raised as a girl in a country where it perhaps wasn't possible to go and get extensive sex testing for free, so they were a young teenager before it was obvious there was an issue. At that point I would say it would have been very difficult for them, and I have compassion on anyone who is raised as one gender and then it turns out they are not that gender. I can understand why they would want to identify as a woman if their entire life they were raised as a girl, but when it comes to the athletics I think they shouldn't be able to compete against women, but wouldn't be able to compete against men. To me this is different from someone who was born, raised and went through puberty as a man declaring themselves to be a woman.

Reactions: 16

A lot of PR has been done to convince us all that Caster is an “exceptional” case of someone raised as a girl who didn’t know they had male anatomy, but it’s more straightforward than this in reality.

Caster is male, and was pretty much deliberately recruited for competitive female sport because of a health condition that only affects males (as someone posted above) that could technically allow Caster into the female class the way that class is organised.

Outside of sport, Caster doesn’t really live as a female (incidentally, not that I think a male “living as a female” is really possible or proves anything at all, but Caster is a man to the world at large except when it’s time to compete). Caster’s wife has posted on social media about her “husband.”

Caster is presented as a “grey area” case and as one of the “difficult decisions”, but like pretty much everyone with an intersex condition, Caster’s sex (male) is identifiable. It has become difficult only because Caster has been allowed to unfairly compete with women for so long, which many female athletes have privately complained about for some time. Caster is well aware he’s not a woman — in my opinion.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.