Gender Discussion #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think that biological males should be allowed to compete against women. But it seems like the guidelines aren't consistent at all, so you can run at a shorter distance but not a longer one if you have higher testosterone, and you can have testosterone 4 times higher than an average woman. But if a woman were to take testosterone to boost her performance would this actually be allowed?
Absolutely not which is why it’s bleeping nuts. He’s a man period

Reactions: 13
Sorry, ma'am. I think it's just that you just ate one too many churros.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Absolutely not which is why it’s bleeping nuts. He’s a man period
This is an interesting (and long) thread on X/Twitter by Cathy Devine (lecturer on Sports Science/Policy) analysing the Woman's Hour interview with Semenya -

Reactions: 11
Did anyone see that odd sorry about a month ago about the Indian athlete Nandini Agasara being accused of being transgender and the competitor took back the accusation? I’m not sure what the truth of it is but I can fully see why the accusation was made.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

What exactly is cramping?!?

This is an absolute joke, of course if a 'trans woman' experiences these things it has to be worse than what a woman experiences, even though we literally are shedding the lining of one of our internal organs. All those other lovely symptoms like the period 💩 is a side effect of the hormones.

Edited to add... premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)

Screenshot_20231107_172357_com.android.chrome_edit_878464576867515.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
What exactly is cramping?!?

This is an absolute joke, of course if a 'trans woman' experiences these things it has to be worse than what a woman experiences, even though we literally are shedding the lining of one of our internal organs. All those other lovely symptoms like the period 💩 is a side effect of the hormones.

Edited to add... premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)

View attachment 2557518
A colleagues PMDD was so bad that she had to be kept away from her husband 3 days a month as she would attack him

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Did anyone see that odd sorry about a month ago about the Indian athlete Nandini Agasara being accused of being transgender and the competitor took back the accusation? I’m not sure what the truth of it is but I can fully see why the accusation was made.
Yes, I did. Having looked at Agasara’s instagram, it’s my view that Swapna Barman (the other competitor) may have a point:
However, everything I saw reported in the Indian press (including YouTube channels), took a very dim view of the accusation and I wonder whether Barman has been forced to withdraw her comments.

Reactions: 3

'People want to say I don't experience PMS symptoms'

Yes, me. I am people. You don't have a menstrual cycle you attention seeking melon, so you cannot, psychically, biologically, scientifically, any-other-ally, have pms anything.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.