Gender Discussion #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 17
My kids love rainbows and unicorns, isn’t it daft I hesitate about buying them rainbow stuff because of everything?

The video before with the guy saying he wouldn’t sleep with a trans woman because !GAY! did sound homophobic, esp when he started on the bible. If he had instead said because he was straight and attracted to actual women, it would have sounded less like he really didn’t want people to think he was gay. Just how it sounded to me idk 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Go Camilla! The Queen Consort held a reception for authors and 'members of the literary community' today to celebrate the second anniversary of The Queen's Reading Room, which has recently become a charity. From her speech:

"Please remain true to your calling, unimpeded by those who may wish to curb the freedom of your expression or impose limits on your imagination. Enough said!"

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Thanks for the new thread Pipsy.

About the HP actor Evanna (forgot her last name). I was quite impressed and taken aback that she has admitted she was naive…it takes guts to admit you were wrong or reactionary, but even more so given the nature of the debate. The other HP actors should be ashamed of themselves for throwing JKR under the bus. They’d do well to have a think about what Evanna is saying.

Just while we are talking about HP actors, a clip of Emma Watson came up on my Facebook of her talking about how much it hurts her the thought if someone being ‘not included’. I don’t think the conversation was anything to do with trans issues but her performance was Oscar worthy. It just hurts her poor little heart so much, that thought of a person not being INCLUDED. FFS Emma grow a bloody pair!! Oh she gets my goat that lassie!! Pathetic and disingenuous person.

Reactions: 52
Go Camilla! The Queen Consort held a reception for authors and 'members of the literary community' today to celebrate the second anniversary of The Queen's Reading Room, which has recently become a charity. From her speech:

"Please remain true to your calling, unimpeded by those who may wish to curb the freedom of your expression or impose limits on your imagination. Enough said!"
Thank you for the new thread! I had tears in my eyes when I read that in her speech. I can't imagine how scared or apprehensive scores of writers around the world must be feeling. It takes such courage to write and to share stories with the world; so much courage. I'm really happy she highlighted that and appreciated it. It must have been so inspiring and comforting to hear in person

Reactions: 25
Camilla's long been an advocate for DV charities too. She knows whats what.

One really interesting aspect of the new JKR podcast (which I am saving for the weekend) is that Megan Phelps-Roper, who is the host, comes to it with her own unique experience of that 90s/early 2000s condemnation of Rowling given her upbringing in the Westboro church.

Reactions: 19
Thanks for the new thread Pipsy.

About the HP actor Evanna (forgot her last name). I was quite impressed and taken aback that she has admitted she was naive…it takes guts to admit you were wrong or reactionary, but even more so given the nature of the debate. The other HP actors should be ashamed of themselves for throwing JKR under the bus. They’d do well to have a think about what Evanna is saying.

Just while we are talking about HP actors, a clip of Emma Watson came up on my Facebook of her talking about how much it hurts her the thought if someone being ‘not included’. I don’t think the conversation was anything to do with trans issues but her performance was Oscar worthy. It just hurts her poor little heart so much, that thought of a person not being INCLUDED. FFS Emma grow a bloody pair!! Oh she gets my goat that lassie!! Pathetic and disingenuous person.
I just feel like Emma really tries to be a good person and I mean she has to really try and she also needs everyone to know and think she's a good person too. As in it's all a bit artificial and self serving....

• Heart
Reactions: 32
My kids love rainbows and unicorns, isn’t it daft I hesitate about buying them rainbow stuff because of everything?

The video before with the guy saying he wouldn’t sleep with a trans woman because !GAY! did sound homophobic, esp when he started on the bible. If he had instead said because he was straight and attracted to actual women, it would have sounded less like he really didn’t want people to think he was gay. Just how it sounded to me idk 🤷‍♀️
I don't see how it's homophobic for a straight man to say he doesn't want to have sex with a biological man because he's not gay?

Reactions: 26
Just seen
The language here is so...stupid and sounds like it's come from the mouth of a silly boy! It's also reductive, vague, juvenile and degrading - how on earth do you even explain this stupidity to people for whom English is a second or third language!?

• Wow
So biological men claim that they have vaginas. Um no, that surgery does not give you a vagina pal. But women with actual female genitalia, now just have a ‘front hole’. Gee, I look forward to going to my urologist to have my ‘front hole’ checked 😡

So a woman's vagina is now a front hole and a trans woman's down below is a vagina?
Have a bleeping day off seriously.

Reactions: 27
I highly recommend the JKR/Megan Phelps-Roper series - I listened to the first two today and found them really interesting.

This Sunday is Speakers Corner in London. I go nearly every month - meeting with people IRL is really good for dealing with the madness so I encourage anyone who is thinking about it!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.