Gender Discussion #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

So many men being wilfully obtuse in the comments.

TERF Twitter seem to be going mad for Kemi though. Of course a black woman could never win, but we can hope right?
Why not, it's the Tories that have had 2 Female PMs, Labour are still choosing white men. If Kemi wasn't quite so marmite she'd walk it regardless of colour.

Someone NEEDS to make this happen!
And Trans Love Islands Big Sister with TiF and Owen Jones forced to participate

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why not, it's the Tories that have had 2 Female PMs, Labour are still choosing white men. If Kemi wasn't quite so marmite she'd walk it regardless of colour.
Nothing would make me happier, honestly (and you’re right about Labour). I would love to be proved wrong. Time will tell I guess!

Reactions: 9
Nothing would make me happier, honestly (and you’re right about Labour). I would love to be proved wrong. Time will tell I guess!
I think Kemi would be popular with members, I just don't think she'll get to the point where members can vote for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Ignore the Lionesses 8-0 victory last night, we have an even more stunning and brave person playing women's football

Lived 47 years as a man and then, at 52, playing on a women's team. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1410933
'I think it's very important for people to be aware of what the likes of me are going through. I love my football and obviously I can't play male football anymore, because I'm a woman.'

I just feel sick reading that, and looking at that man. Do the women have to share facilities with him 🤢

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Someone at my bf’s work has decided that he is now a woman. Everyone briefed on the change of name (and of COURSE, appearance eg a dress instead of trousers 🙃). He used the women’s toilets and a woman complained saying she didn’t want him in there. He was told to use the accessible toilet (aka ‘disabled’) and has now lodged a complaint because he says they are saying he’s disabled 🤣🤣 Will keep you updated of any lunatic outcomes.
Fair play to that woman who objected. I hope that others did also.
It's just so very wrong that this can happen. It's like a parallel universe, aaaaaaaaargh.

Reactions: 17
Fair play to that woman who objected. I hope that others did also.
It's just so very wrong that this can happen. It's like a parallel universe, aaaaaaaaargh.
Basically it sounds like this man thinks putting on a dress is all it takes to become a woman. duck that!

Reactions: 16
How do you send her an email?

If you have any money to help the LGB Alliance please do:

To be honest I struggle with them. I fully support the idea behind it -- i.e. to support the rights of same sex attracted people (I'm gay and not attracted to trans men, as vaginas aren't my thing, sorry) -- but I don't see much action that has benefit me really and they've been around since 2019.

They also tweeted that it's not homophobic to be against same sex marriage, which I thought was a decidedly odd thing to tweet for an organisation that's meant to be for lesbian, gay and bisexual people. They also called for immediate closure of gay venues when the monkeypox thing kicked off, like we were all some kind of lepers?

It's a shame, as Stonewall has gone far too much into the T, so I went off them, but the LGB Alliance doesn't really fill me with confidence that it's more in favour of my rights. It sometimes feels like we don't really have anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Gatwick airport have a section on transgender at security - and they keep mixing up sex and gender but the important bit is you can choose a security guard of your preferred gender. Poor women who are tasked with doing examinations of men if they say they are women. I wonder if they were asked?
I worked at Heathrow security, over 10 years ago, and that was the policy then. On one occasion at the walk through machine, an obviously male person in female clothing set off the alarm and my male colleague went to him but he walked to me instead so I did the body security check. It’s a slightly different body search, depending on if you’re male or female. I can remember my team laughing about there being “ added extras” in the search and it being a man. I don’t remember feeling anything “ extra” and it is over very quickly but it wasn’t pleasant. It was the only case that I saw.
There were two men pretending to be women in the security staff. They only seemed to be in staff search or outside of the terminals, and then, you could ask for a different member of the team to body search you ( there were teams of 6, 3 men and 3 women). They were both so obviously men, they looked very odd in the skirt uniform.
Some countries have had a unisex policy for a long time eg Holland.
I expect there are a lot more cases now. I wonder how they get round it as we had many asian women working there. I think the teams are smaller now too, so what if all the female members refuse. Maybe senior staff members do it. I would hope that no female staff member is coerced into doing it. There are probably more of the enclosed body search machines now, but if something showed up, then that area would still have to be searched, possibly in the private rooms. I can see there being lots of issues!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I read this Twitter thread this morning about the Q in LGBTQ+ being a movement that co-opts straight people into fetish, degeneracy and away from traditional values and the family unit. It strays too far into the right wing and homophobia for me, but actually I can’t deny that some of it is true.

Then I saw THIS and realised some of it is definitely true.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I read this Twitter thread this morning about the Q in LGBTQ+ being a movement that co-opts straight people into fetish, degeneracy and away from traditional values and the family unit. It strays too far into the right wing and homophobia for me, but actually I can’t deny that some of it is true.

Haha catch up with London, there's like 6 dick waffle cafes and nobody bats an eyelid :LOL: Don't think kids should have to see them though

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Why though? I don’t really get why people would want to eat food shaped like genitalia?
I feel the same about willy straws and chocolates on hen nights - it’s just so juvenile.

Reactions: 17
It's straight out of a naff hen weekend.

It suddenly bought back the memory of those Wicked Willie cards that people thought were hilarious in the late 80s and early 90s.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

Sounds like nonsense to me. You can’t push someone into being ‘queer’. Like you say, it’s right wing homophobia that gay people have had to put up with for years. The typical “gays are trying to convert people!” rhetoric.

I knew I was gay in my early teens and homosexuality was never mentioned in my childhood. I certainly didn’t know any gay people back then. So duck knows who converted me!

I have no interest in converting anyone. 😅

Appreciate you just posted the tweet and that you don’t really endorse it btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have no interest in converting anyone. 😅
I don't know how this would even work, tbh. If you're capable of being 'converted' then you were probably just gay in some sense anyway. I'm quite sure I couldn't be converted to being attracted to women. The whole idea is bizarre.

Reactions: 9
I don't know how this would even work, tbh. If you're capable of being 'converted' then you were probably just gay in some sense anyway. I'm quite sure I couldn't be converted to being attracted to women. The whole idea is bizarre.
Yeah when people say “when did you choose to be gay?” I ask “when did you choose to be straight?”

It’s generally met with silence or a blustering nonsense reply.

Reactions: 8
BBC have done it again. Tim Westwood accused of sex with 14 year old breaking news. That’s rape. 14 year olds can’t consent. Words matter.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.