Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where is the proof that this is part of an ideological capture to say that men can become pregnant ?

i will bet any money that it is a « one size fits all form » and it is expected that everyone fill out every question so that any and all potential liabilities arising from the process are covered so the blood people are covered. It’s not gender ideology, it’s liability insurance. All questions must be answered and by the person in question, in case there are any problems further down the line.

now, they could have two separate forms, but that would then increase the potential for misgendering bollocks and the uproar (and potential liability, because what happens if pregnant Freddy M takes the man form whilst pregnant, doesn’t answer that question, and Fred’s blood contains hormones that are unsuitable for blood transfusions - I assume that is the issue with the question ) that arises from that.

it’s not a hard question to answer. It doesn’t put him in a difficult spot. He hasn’t been pregnant in the last six months. It is not suggesting that men can get pregnant. It is certainly not forcing him to believe that men can get pregnant. He could tick « no » with absolutely no thought whatsoever and not advance the cause of gender ideology one iota.

It’s a blithering idiot not understanding that administrative efficiency and liability are driving this set-up, not gender ideology, and that’s what makes him a stupid gammon. No thought to the why, just the « blimey, it’s mad! ». It’s the same as when TRAs get all offended about some utter bollocks. My Dad’s a similar age and I’d be embarrassed if he made a fuss about this in the blood centre, much less going whole Daily Mail « sad / outraged face » to the nation.
Yeah I agree. I'm a biological male and I've been asked the "are you pregnant?" question on medical forms for as long as I can remember. I genuinely don't think it has anything to do with the current ideology (which I don't agree with by the way).

My dentists asks me that question every other check up because there's only one form, regardless of what sex you are.

I'm all for people taking a stand on issues, but I think he picked the wrong one this time. Especially as he could have just written "N/A" in the answer column and I'm sure it would have been fine.

I'm actually surprised someone who clearly cares enough about people to donate blood would deny them over something like this. It only hurts people who need blood, not the clinic itself.

Reactions: 14
"Indeterminate" sounds so rude. If you're old enough to pick up your own prescription I'm going to assume you know to which of the two sexes you belong. How disrespectful.
Yes, if they mean intersex they could say that but indeterminate just seems....nasty. The vast majority of people with intersex conditions identify very clearly as either male or female so the numbers of people saying their sex is indeterminate would statistically utterly meaningless.

Reactions: 8
Why is he “a stupid gammon”? Can’t you see that in that forcing him, and men generally, to answer these ludicrous questions, is wrong?

The problem isn’t just that one question, but the entire ideology.
The form isn't "forcing men" to answer the questions, it's asking potential blood donors to confirm that they are suitable for donation purposes.
As far as I know, I've haven't been having sex with a man who has sex with other men. I *could* get all huffy about it and whinge that it implies that my husband might be gay, but I know that isn't the case at all, the form is intended for all donors, no matter what their sex or sexual orientation is. If you don't like answering the questions, then don't be a donor, it's as simple as that.

I have a lot of misgivings about the NHS, and their pandering to the gender ideology, but I honestly don't think there is an issue in this case. (I work in the NHS and I've posted previously about things that I've noticed, such as blood forms which are specifically for pregnant women, asking if the patient's "gender" is "male or female" 🙄.)
The blood donor form is applicable to everyone, hence the long list of questions. Enquiring about pregnancy is specific to only women of child-bearing age, but do we really need to introduce a form just for them, so that men and/or old women like me, don't get "offended"? Of course not!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If a man could get pregnant then the abortion thing is no longer a women’s right issue…? Since now men can apparently have womb as well 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I read a very interesting comment this morning, which instantly reminded me of a very interesting comment I read yesterday. How widespread and deep rooted is this? First screenshot from an American site and perspective, the second from the British site-that-must-not-be-named and British perspective:

367FD5E6-DED5-4779-B847-07E114B80864.jpeg

C2A3403C-E90B-4A62-A055-D27B8D43F371.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
The form isn't "forcing men" to answer the questions, it's asking potential blood donors to confirm that they are suitable for donation purposes.
As far as I know, I've haven't been having sex with a man who has sex with other men. I *could* get all huffy about it and whinge that it implies that my husband might be gay, but I know that isn't the case at all, the form is intended for all donors, no matter what their sex or sexual orientation is. If you don't like answering the questions, then don't be a donor, it's as simple as that.

I have a lot of misgivings about the NHS, and their pandering to the gender ideology, but I honestly don't think there is an issue in this case. (I work in the NHS and I've posted previously about things that I've noticed, such as blood forms which are specifically for pregnant women, asking if the patient's "gender" is "male or female" 🙄.)
The blood donor form is applicable to everyone, hence the long list of questions. Enquiring about pregnancy is specific to only women of child-bearing age, but do we really need to introduce a form just for them, so that men and/or old women like me, don't get "offended"? Of course not!
You're right however there are plenty of forms out there where the option is if you answer yes to blah blah question go to Section whatever if you answered No go to Section something else.

Reactions: 7
I’ve just seen the most ridiculous advert for gel nails on Facebook. A trans woman saying he first wanted to wear nail varnish that’s when he knew he wanted to be a girl 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Apart from the obvious sexism there that implies only girls can want to get their nails done, how does this sell gel nails to a mass market? Not “it lasts three weeks, it doesn’t chip, available in 50+ colours etc etc” just “it made me a woman” 🤨🤨🤨

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
You're right however there are plenty of forms out there where the option is if you answer yes to blah blah question go to Section whatever if you answered No go to Section something else.
There are, but generally they’re more complex and harder to fill out, which leads to more errors and hence increases costs.

Asking a list of questions and asking people to answer them all is simpler and ensures a complete form first time. Well, unless someone whinges about a question that is!

I’ve just seen the most ridiculous advert for gel nails on Facebook. A trans woman saying he first wanted to wear nail varnish that’s when he knew he wanted to be a girl 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Apart from the obvious sexism there that implies only girls can want to get their nails done, how does this sell gel nails to a mass market? Not “it lasts three weeks, it doesn’t chip, available in 50+ colours etc etc” just “it made me a woman” 🤨🤨🤨
Very strange especially as it’s becoming more acceptable for guys to wear nail varnish these days. I mean men who identify as men.

Most of them stick to darker colours (so it’s still kind of manly :D ) but I’ve definitely noticed an increase, which I encourage. After all, there’s nothing inherently female about adding something to your fingernails.

Clown world:

We’ve been discussing this for the last few pages. ;)

Reactions: 9
So I won't be voting Lib Dem anytime soon. I just asked the door knocker to be determine what a Woman is......... he said its anybody that identifies as a woman. I told him Woman are Adult Born Females he went on to say "you probably won't be voting for us then'. I said I wouldn't be voting for a party that didn't know basic human biology. He was saying its the" moral thing to do" to support this put upon minority he left with me shouting Woman are Adult Born Females after him.Hey HO guess all my neighbours know where I stand now!!
My local green party counselor was so determined not to say what a woman is that she also refused to say that she knew what a panda was or a car I pointed to on the street.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Someone should tell the actor Jason Momoa that his liking for nail varnish means he’s a girl, or my 22 year old 6 foot 3 son who regularly steals mine.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The chap at the blood donor clinic probably needs a little sense of perspective! I work on a dementia research study and one of the forms that our volunteers have to fill in has a question 'Are you pregnant?'. Now it may seem a daft question especially since all our participants are over 65 but it's one we are required to ask it due to radiation safety regulations as the study involves volunteers having a scan which involves a small dose of radioactive tracer been administered before the scan. I just make a joke about it with the volunteer when I'm filling the forms and not one person has been offended! I also have to ask if they have had any recent piercings or tattoos (again not something that the study demographic tend to have) but again, I'm required to ask these questions under Regulations which cover imaging safety.

Likewise this week I had to have a uterine biopsy taken and I had to have a pregnancy test beforehand. I'm 51 and there's little chance of pregnancy but I wasn't offended as I know they need to do it just to make sure the procedure was safe for the nurse to do.

Reactions: 9
I really wish the Daily Mail didn’t inform this thread so much, they also publish complete bilge like this, not helpful to our plight at all. Bottle up your feelings instead Barry, and just take it out on the ball and chain eh?!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.