Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so annoyed. I was listening to a podcast and they just used the phrase "met a 13 year old sex worker."

Nope. Even if you believe in SWIW then you should still not use that language for a child who can't consent. It was a true crime podcast so they really should have known better.
Can you say which podcast so I know to avoid it from now on as that is truly disgusting.

Reactions: 10
If you live in a country where you have freedom of speech and freedom of belief, then you don't have to go along with the transcult. You can just say 'I don't believe in Trans Ideology'. No one can make you believe it. Especially since it is a load of codswallop. Far closer to a religious belief than a scientific theory. Why should we be forced to believe someone elses religious belief?

Reactions: 18
Worth sharing this petition just to watch the TRA’s throw a hissy fit at the acTuaL viOlenCE flying this flag would cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Even before I educated myself in this area I always thought it was a weird mix to lump trans people in with LGB. Why are same-sex attracted people being grouped with people with a serious mental health condition or autogynephilia?
They even now have to contend with cross dressing conservative MP's who cheat on their wife's lumped in with them

• Sick
Reactions: 9
If you live in a country where you have freedom of speech and freedom of belief, then you don't have to go along with the transcult. You can just say 'I don't believe in Trans Ideology'. No one can make you believe it. Especially since it is a load of codswallop. Far closer to a religious belief than a scientific theory. Why should we be forced to believe someone elses religious belief?
Theoretically. But people have lost their jobs just by stating they don't buy into the trans delusion.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Well of course I don't believe that you can change sex and I also think that some of this ideology aimed at sucking in children is quite evil.

I voice this opinion at home but I can't say it at work because I work for a public body that is fully on board with the trans stuff. I even had to sit through a Mermaids training session 🤮
If I voiced my opinion on this matter I would probably be sent for 'extra inclusivity training'.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm so annoyed. I was listening to a podcast and they just used the phrase "met a 13 year old sex worker."

Nope. Even if you believe in SWIW then you should still not use that language for a child who can't consent. It was a true crime podcast so they really should have known better.
OMG! Did they really call a sex trafficked child that? People really need to stop trying to remove the taboo of prostitution. It’s taboo for a reason.

Men are just trying to remove the stigma of it so they can feel less guilty for the paid rape of women and children. Savages

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Well of course I don't believe that you can change sex and I also think that some of this ideology aimed at sucking in children is quite evil.

I voice this opinion at home but I can't say it at work because I work for a public body that is fully on board with the trans stuff. I even had to sit through a Mermaids training session 🤮
If I voiced my opinion on this matter I would probably be sent for 'extra inclusivity training'.
But maybe if you voiced your opinion, it would encourage other non-believers to speak up too?

Reactions: 3
But maybe if you voiced your opinion, it would encourage other non-believers to speak up too?
Not worth the risk where I work and I can't afford to lose my job. Sounds cowardly I know but I'm going to save it until I'm ready to leave.

We have a company intranet. Whenever there are posts about racial equality loads of people 'like' the comments. There was a trans supporting post put on there recently and only one person in the whole organisation 'liked' it.
I think that actually speaks volumes 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Not worth the risk where I work and I can't afford to lose my job. Sounds cowardly I know but I'm going to save it until I'm ready to leave.

We have a company intranet. Whenever there are posts about racial equality loads of people 'like' the comments. There was a trans supporting post put on there recently and only one person in the whole organisation 'liked' it.
If they fired you, they'd be looking at constructive dismissal so worth considering when you are getting ready to leave. Maybe try manipulating them to do that when you have another position lined up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Excellent article from Brenda's O'Neil in Spiked online.

'It’s time for honesty. The sight of young women being celebrated on social media for having their breasts removed is not ‘affirming’ – it is horrifying. The treatment of young lesbians with medication that will ‘correct’ them and turn them into the men they really are is not positive – it is homophobic. And the provision of radically altering surgery that removes healthy body parts and induces infertility is not ‘healthcare’ – it is mutilation.'

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Is there not some annoymous way you could do it? Like separate email account to email HR and raise your concerns to see if that would gain traction?

Reactions: 7

It’s not cowardly at all, I completely understand where you’re coming from, and job loss is very real, and we’ve seen it happen to lots of people. Even JK Rowling wasn’t immune from attempts to have her publishers sack her, and the LGB Alliance had a whole campaign orchestrated against them during their request to have charity status, and even after they had been granted it. If they can do that to a charity, they would try it with an individual.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Not cowardly at all. We all have to keep a roof over our heads. I'm a civil servant and in the same position. It kills me to keep my mouth shut but I can't afford to not have my job, and after two years of pandemic and caring for my elderly parents, I don't have the mental fortitude for it.

We have a very mediocre TiM at work. Pleasant enough, but being trans has catapulted him from average employee in low-level role to voice of anything EDI related. It's tedious but they're desperately trying to climb the Stonewall list so...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ritchie’s now done a video interview. I’m so angry and disgusted that they’d let someone who clearly wasn’t psychologically stable make an irreversible decision. He might have been an adult, but vulnerable people deserve protecting at any age.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Not speaking up at work is not cowardly. Few people can afford to lose their jobs and livelihoods over this issue and I don’t think we should expect anyone to, especially with the current direction of employment law in this area. The best we can do IMO is resistance - no to pronouns in signatures, don’t engage when it’s voluntary events that you don’t have to attend, engage as little as possible when forced to attend (eg compulsory training). I’ve also filled in a few anonymous work surveys and the like (using a VPN just in case) expressing my discomfort with the prevalence and forcefulness of TRA attitudes at work, and that we haven't all been consulted/it's implied we all agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.