Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like Glinner but I think he can be quite excitable. Helen Joyce described him as 'easily goaded' in her book and I think that's quite accurate.

I think as well, when there's something he really feels is wrong, he can't stay quiet because he gets so incensed.
I agree. I do respect that he spoke up about it, he could have easily kept quiet, same with JKR. I really admire them for speaking out knowing the vitriol they were going to get, when they could have easily just kept to themselves. It's very brave in this climate!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Help me, I've just been on Twitter and seen this. What's wrong with the world. Do people really think this. My vagina is not a hole to thrust stuff in, it make me feel sad that people (men) think that. My children came from my vagina, it's not an inverted cock.
I don't think anyone actually believes this. Its a deluded fantasy. Its wish fulfillment. Its grotesque.

Reactions: 9
Help me, I've just been on Twitter and seen this. What's wrong with the world. Do people really think this. My vagina is not a hole to thrust stuff in, it make me feel sad that people (men) think that. My children came from my vagina, it's not an inverted cock.
There is a lot of basic biology education needed for these people. Problem is they don’t actually like women or their bodies so they don’t learn about them. They just want to pretend. All of the genital mutilation surgery should be outlawed. It’s obscene.

Reactions: 12
Pronouns - check
States he’s a twitch streamer - check
Rainbow flag - check
Political affiliations (to the Lib Dems, natch) - check

He’s a student nurse 🤔😶
Obviously not in urology or gynecology

There is a lot of basic biology education needed for these people. Problem is they don’t actually like women or their bodies so they don’t learn about them. They just want to pretend. All of the genital mutilation surgery should be outlawed. It’s obscene.
It's a belief system so fact and science goes out the window, bit like flat earthers. You can put any case at a flat earter and they say.....but God and creation. TRA do the same but it's TWAW. They deny biology even though we can see it in action in pretty much every mammal on the planet.

Reactions: 10
I hate this. Putting aside the complete idiocy of a genital/belly button comparison, the post is implying that if you've been on a few dates with someone you have to duck them. Consent can be taken away at any point. You can change your mind about wanting to be physical with someone at any point for any reason. If you find out the person you thought was a female/male isn't and you don't want to sleep with them then that is absolutely fine! Why is it suddenly progressive to push the idea that you have to sleep with people you don't want to? Wtf?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I hate this. Putting aside the complete idiocy of a genital/belly button comparison, the post is implying that if you've been on a few dates with someone you have to duck them. Consent can be taken away at any point. You can change your mind about wanting to be physical with someone at any point for any reason. If you find out the person you thought was a female/male isn't and you don't want to sleep with them then that is absolutely fine! Why is it suddenly progressive to push the idea that you have to sleep with people you don't want to? Wtf?
It's also trying to make people feel like it's wrong to have a sexuality, like you're a bigot or fuddy duddy if you only want to have sex with men that have penis or women with (actual) vaginas. It's not wrong to only want to have sex with specific genitals.

I love my husband but if he had a vagina, we would not be married, that doesn't make me a bad person. And as much as I love my best friend, I would still not want to have sex with her even if she had a cock.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

This trans woman posts tiktoks that are all about being trans and I get so annoyed when I see her videos pop up on my for your page because every time they’re directed to ‘cis’ women and the comments on this are actually a lot people saying basically ‘I’m upset by this and I’m not transphobic’
I’m really upset that this is how things are now and it isn’t fair for take away what women actually go through

Reactions: 8
Thank god for Helen Joyce indeed!!
What a great piece. The last line is really scathing.

Also interesting to read a summary of Shon Faye’s book. It sounds like an Owen Jones wet dream (decriminalise sex work, abolish prisons, abolish the police 😳). Also very interesting that so much is given to how much Faye hated themselves for being gay. If that doesn’t give credence to “trans the gay away” I don’t know what does.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just seen this post on Reddit from a woman who works in a bra shop wants to help a teenage trans woman get a bra. Lots of people falling over themselves to justify allowing a teenage boy into a bra fitting room. “If other people have a problem, ask them to leave”. Just duck off! I can’t. What are they thinking??

The teenage transwoman can do what many actual women who don’t feel brave enough to physically go into a shop for bras do and order online. No sympathy from me I’m afraid. When my girls need their first bra if don’t want them to be confronted by some teenage AGP in the Bravissimo fitting rooms thank you very much. It’s already an experience that many young girls dread and this won’t help matters.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
What a great piece. The last line is really scathing.

Also interesting to read a summary of Shon Faye’s book. It sounds like an Owen Jones wet dream (decriminalise sex work, abolish prisons, abolish the police 😳). Also very interesting that so much is given to how much Faye hated themselves for being gay. If that doesn’t give credence to “trans the gay away” I don’t know what does.
Basically it comes across as, Faye's story is really sad but what he's recommending is crazy.

Reactions: 3
Just seen this post on Reddit from a woman who works in a bra shop wants to help a teenage trans woman get a bra. Lots of people falling over themselves to justify allowing a teenage boy into a bra fitting room. “If other people have a problem, ask them to leave”. Just duck off! I can’t. What are they thinking??

The teenage transwoman can do what many actual women who don’t feel brave enough to physically go into a shop for bras do and order online. No sympathy from me I’m afraid. When my girls need their first bra if don’t want them to be confronted by some teenage AGP in the Bravissimo fitting rooms thank you very much. It’s already an experience that many young girls dread and this won’t help matters.
Cynical me says this has been completely fabricated for Reddit karma...

I'm not necessarily uncomfortable with it but I'm not OK with it and don't think it's appropriate. They didn't mention the age of the boy but I'm assuming they're relatively young so why would a teenage boy need a bra?

Honestly, if they're not comfortable with using women's changing rooms then they can easily order stuff online and try it on in the comfort and privacy of your own home. I really feel like these people just want to make a constant show of everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

This is so true I’m still too nervous to get a proper bra fitting even though it is another woman I’m very self conscious about my body…if I saw someone in there that looked like a man I’d definitely start to feel intimidated and I’m 21…if I was 16 again I’d run out of there in tears.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is so true I’m still too nervous to get a proper bra fitting even though it is another woman I’m very self conscious about my body…if I saw someone in there that looked like a man I’d definitely start to feel intimidated and I’m 21…if I was 16 again I’d run out of there in tears.
I am the same at 30! I am due new bras but keep putting it off. I tend to measure myself at home as best I can to get a rough measurement and then go to the bra shop and go from there as I don’t feel comfortable having a stranger measure me.

I wouldn’t kick off if I saw a TIM there but I would feel less comfortable and relaxed. Teenage boys especially would make me feel more on edge because quite frankly I know what they can be like, men make no secret about how uncontrollably horny they were in their teens, and then people are shocked when women don’t want confused teenage lads in their spaces. Hmmm I wonder why. I’d imagine many women would feel uncomfortable but wouldn’t say so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I don’t know if this really fits here but with the whole only fans thing and everyone on social media saying how sex work empowers women, I thought I would share this here.
edit: Also TW for this video!

Last edited:
It’s frightening, we are being erased.
That will never happen. I spite of everything no one actually believes TWAW. Literally no one. They may pretend they do but they don’t. I am convinced that in a few years the whole movement will disappear up it‘s own arse.
I’m NHS and everyone I know senior to me is massively gender critical, they just can’t say it yet.

Those ugly fuckers are not going to win this.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That will never happen. I spite of everything no one actually believes TWAW. Literally no one. They may pretend they do but they don’t. I am convinced that in a few years the whole movement will disappear up it‘s own arse.
I’m NHS and everyone I know senior to me is massively gender critical, they just can’t say it yet.

Wait until people start being sued. I'll come.

Reactions: 11

Thanks, Your words are comforting. Glad to hear nhs are onside. The fact such a minority have such a bullying method to get results.

• Heart
Yeah, I've noticed on my social media feed that people are either TWAW or silent, and when I've spoken to the silent types one-on-one, everyone without fail is gender critical. There are far more of these silent types than TWAW in numbers, they are just fearful of the pile-ons.

Once the doctors, surgeons and parents are taken to task over causing irreparable harm to children, society will look back on this as the lobotomy of our time and the blue-haired kids will find something else to align themselves with as they'll see gender ideology as having gone too mainstream.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.