Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think the ice bucket challenge was anything dodge, but yes - those engagement bait posts from random fb pages are dodgy to me, I don't participate.

Reactions: 12
I'm in a women's style group on FB and a trans woman has joined. She posts frequently and, frankly, looks like a miner wearing a wig but all the comments are 'love your bravery' 'gorgeous' and so on. She makes comments about having a blonde moment and needing chocolate like she's a parody of a woman, it really gets on my nerves.
I was unceremoniously chucked out of a make up group on FB for refusing to validate an AGP who looked marginally less feminine than Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks combined. I just said why are you all telling lies, he looks ridiculous. Went down like a tit sandwich.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
This might be unpopular but if we want to keep our spaces then we have to let Men do the same with their men only clubs. I know it's difficult as business is done in these places and that excludes women but the answer to this is to start our own businesses and more and more women are ( real businesses not silly #bossbabe MLM businesses)

I think this is false equivalence. Men have only ever kept women out of their clubs to 'keep women in their place'. We only want spaces to feel safe from the male gaze, male violence, male oppression and domination. If men want a men only therapy group for example, then I nor the vast majority of women would have any objection.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
If he was truly a woman, he wouldn’t need the advice of actual women on how to pass 😭
The mental summersaults this creates, you are a woman caz you say you are, but you need women to explain how to dress like a woman. But if you were a woman wouldn't you know how to dress like one? And you are a woman because you like dressing like a woman and women's clothes, but you don't know what clothes to buy once you started being your true self. It's making my head spin with how little sense it makes.

Also it's not like girls get separate how to dress like a woman classes. We just dress in the way we want to and buy the things we like. Some people did suggest that he just buys what he likes but he didn't seem to understand that.

Oh and the comments about what a "lovely" figure he had made me 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 11
I think this is false equivalence. Men have only ever kept women out of their clubs to 'keep women in their place'. We only want spaces to feel safe from the male gaze, male violence, male oppression and domination. If men want a men only therapy group for example, then I nor the vast majority of women would have any objection.
I agree but also believe women can and should support each others female owned and run businesses too.
The mental summersaults this creates, you are a woman caz you say you are, but you need women to explain how to dress like a woman. But if you were a woman wouldn't you know how to dress like one? And you are a woman because you like dressing like a woman and women's clothes, but you don't know what clothes to buy once you started being your true self. It's making my head spin with how little sense it makes.

Also it's not like girls get separate how to dress like a woman classes. We just dress in the way we want to and buy the things we like. Some people did suggest that he just buys what he likes but he didn't seem to understand that.

Oh and the comments about what a "lovely" figure he had made me 🤮
I could never lie and pander to someone with compliments like that 🤢 why do so many women do it? 😬 It reminds me of family and friends telling their loved one they will be the next Mariah Carey so they go on X Factor and humiliate themselves by screeching so badly out of tune 😬 I can't bring myself to say they sound like an angel when they really don't. Same with men LARP'ing as women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don't praise anyone unless it's genuine. I find it really false and cringe when people give false praise. I'm not saying people should be mean, but say nothing or give constructive criticism.

A trans person is not deserving of praise just because they put on a dress and make up. If they look genuinely good then fine. But most the time they look ridiculous. And men's legs do not look better than women's legs in a skirt, I wish people would stop telling them that.

It's the same when someone really over weight posts themselves in a very unflattering outfit and people pile in to tell them how fantastic they look. Why lie, just say nothing. (I'm not saying you can't look good when you're over weight, just that there is a way to dress to flatter a bigger body)

I think people take value from being kind and making other people feel good. Like self issued brownie points. But to me it's just weird to lie to people, especially when they are fishing for attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was unceremoniously chucked out of a make up group on FB for refusing to validate an AGP who looked marginally less feminine than Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks combined. I just said why are you all telling lies, he looks ridiculous. Went down like a tit sandwich.
Ignoring all the other issues, in my opinion this kind of behaviour just isn't fair to trans women (AGP or not). It's not helping them to pretend they're all stunning and beautiful and brave when they might actually look terrible - if it were me I would far rather someone stopped me early on and said I looked like tit and gave me some legitimate feedback instead of pretending I look like Beyonce.

All the trans/passing subreddits are like this, people post photos asking how they're doing and do they pass, and without fail they have 100 comments saying they're incredible when in reality they look like a man that got hit by Homer Simpson's makeup gun. Whatever anyone might think about trans people it's dishonest and unhelpful for everyone to pretend someone looks great when they genuinely want advice about looking better.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I remember reading posts by trans people on MN proclaiming they pass and we wouldn't even know if they were in our facilities.

They probably believe they do because of all that false inline praise.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
very disappointed witht hat article, I usually really like gal dem

She can get in the bin. I mean sure, women have been oppressed, raped, murdered, sex trafficked into oblivion but let's not forget the poor little men, oh, and of course the most oppressed minority on earth, trans women.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I'm in a women's style group on FB and a trans woman has joined. She posts frequently and, frankly, looks like a miner wearing a wig but all the comments are 'love your bravery' 'gorgeous' and so on. She makes comments about having a blonde moment and needing chocolate like she's a parody of a woman, it really gets on my nerves.
Yeah, I know it makes me sound like a dick but a lot of older trans women just don't pass. Sorry to say. I'm friends with one on fb and she constantly posts selfies and women fall over themselves to compliment her, all this nonsense like "you're a gorgeous icon, I'd kill to have your face, your smile is absolutely beautiful, I wish I had your hair" - seriously? They have the standard receding hairline of someone in their mid-40s and underwent facial surgery to look more feminine (...it didn't really work). Stop pandering to this tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Did anyone read this the other day in the Guardian? Shon Faye seems to be trying to write the TRA version of Trans by Joyce and the Guardian published this article about it.

It features an interview with a family whose boy at around 3/4 started being adamant about being a girl. They claim it wasn't based off gender stereotypes because he didn't like dolls but then his transition involved going to buy clothes from the girls section. They also didn't seem to have ever thought to ask why their little boy believed he was a girl or wanted to be seen as a girl. It just raised lots of questions for me.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.