Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reddit is quite a horrible place for women in general, I used to frequent r/gendercritical but I had to concentrate on my studies and when I was looking for it again, it came out it was banned because of hate speech…
Probably the only place that is exclusive for women on reddit is r/femaledatingstrategy but it’s more for dating and it’s labelled as a hate group by most of reddit users and there’re constantly posts that want to ban it. I can imagine how fast that subreddit would be banned if they would post something that could be labelled as terf…

• Angry
Reactions: 7
A post on r/askfeminists asking why there are so many ‘terfs’, the comments are comedy gold. Apparently we are all conservatives and don’t include women of colour in our narratives. There also ‘aren’t very many’ of us which of course is bollocks. If you ever have questions about feminism, that sub is one of the worst places to get answers.

Link if you want a laugh.
Imagine thinking you're a feminist sub when you're saying 'we ban terfs here' lmao? If you're banning women from your sub it isn't feminist bestie!

Reactions: 15
I wonder what men will say if this demand becomes widespread... See if the wokebros act as they preach, like they have done to lesbians about the lie about some lesbians having penises ...

P.s. love the meme

wtaf so w e should start dating people we don't like/are attracted to to make some kind of "woke"point. jesus christ

Reactions: 9
wtaf so we should start dating people we don't like/are attracted to to make some kind of "woke"point. jesus christ
It's also happening in the body positivity community where some activists claim you're fatphobic if you're not willing to date larger people. It's as though a generation of young people have been raised without hearing the word, 'No,' and are getting into a tantrum as a result, except it's leeching into sex and relationships.

For years feminists were banging the drum of the importance of consent, respect and boundaries in everyday life, and yet people are being expected to unravel their boundaries for someone else's validation. It's so, so dangerous.

Reactions: 24
It's also happening in the body positivity community where some activists claim you're fatphobic if you're not willing to date larger people. It's as though a generation of young people have been raised without hearing the word, 'No,' and are getting into a tantrum as a result, except it's leeching into sex and relationships.

For years feminists were banging the drum of the importance of consent, respect and boundaries in everyday life, and yet people are being expected to unravel their boundaries for someone else's validation. It's so, so dangerous.
it is SO insane isn;t it, consent in relationships has become such a big thing in recent years, yet with these communities nthey are somehow above it?
I don;t know if anyone has mentioned it already, but remember that bizarre case in the UK in which someone (female) pretended to be male to have a relationship with her female friend? she was jailed I think in the end, how is people pretending not to have penises different?

While it might suck to not be fancied back by someone would you really want to date them if they didn't?

Reactions: 14
wtaf so w e should start dating people we don't like/are attracted to to make some kind of "woke"point. jesus christ
I’ve seen quite a few posts about how lesbians should s*ck dick, I thought these were trolls but no, they’re really thinking like this and shame people who are not attracted to “women penises” 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
While it might suck to not be fancied back by someone would you really want to date them if they didn't?
So many contradictions of principles here too. 'I demand the freedom to pretend I'm a woman and be legally recognised as such, but you can't have the freedom to decide who you date.'
Where do you even draw the line with this anyway? Someone I really fancied once told me he didn't find me attractive because I was brunette and he only liked blondes. Upsetting sure, but what's to be gained from demanding he dates me because the colour of my hair is e.g. outside of my control in the same way that trans people claim it's not their fault they're trans?
All of this only reinforces the inclination I had ages ago - a lot of these people have probably never dated/are incels, and they thought that by being trans they would get more attention and/or be able to pressure people into dating/sleeping with them. I have no time for it.

Reactions: 16
So many contradictions of principles here too. 'I demand the freedom to pretend I'm a woman and be legally recognised as such, but you can't have the freedom to decide who you date.'
Where do you even draw the line with this anyway? Someone I really fancied once told me he didn't find me attractive because I was brunette and he only liked blondes. Upsetting sure, but what's to be gained from demanding he dates me because the colour of my hair is e.g. outside of my control in the same way that trans people claim it's not their fault they're trans?
All of this only reinforces the inclination I had ages ago - a lot of these people have probably never dated/are incels, and they thought that by being trans they would get more attention and/or be able to pressure people into dating/sleeping with them. I have no time for it.
exactly, this logic just leads to the same idea of being "entitled" to sex and using sex workers. Personally, the idea of sleeping with someone who doesn;t find me attractive is just depressing, part of sleeping with someone is understanding they find you attractive rather than just going through the motions

Exactly, plus, let's do some maths here, as one person, I only have the time/energy/inclination to be with one person in a relationship at a time. So by choosing the one person I have, I am therefore excluding dozens of "categories". These loons who say who we should date to be "inclusive" don't seem to hear how stupid they sound! By being with my husband I therefore am performing "literal violence" to all the other billions of adults on the planet, all beliefs, races, sexualities, ages, etc. The point I am trying to make is that it is impossible to be fully inclusive in regards to relationships. I can't date everyone to make them feel validated! But that's what I hear when they spout this nonsense. Not to mention their demands are trampling over consent and choice and boundaries, and are quick frankly rape-y . Ugh. When will the majority of people start shunning this ideology en masse? People need to wake up. I though the Olympics might do it but we need something else.

Reactions: 16
So Baga Chipz performed at a mens only gay pub on Saturday in Manchester. 2 lesbian girls have posted on TikTok in response to questions of 'did you see Baga Chipz at Manc pride?' saying that they were turned away because they were women.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
God I bleeping hate Owen Jones.

This type of tit that happened in Manchester is why I refuse to go to pride, I wouldn't feel the slightest bit safe there. I agree with the following tweet

Also - Diana was trans :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Sick

So following this logic, I’m also trans because I dressed up as Harry Potter in kindergarten because I had short hair at the time and was obsessed with HP…seems legit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

So following this logic, I’m also trans because I dressed up as Harry Potter in kindergarten because I had short hair at the time and was obsessed with HP…seems legit 😂
I used to wear only trousers and I sometimes listen to Queen... 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There are no Jim Royle gifs - but that whole thing deserves ‘my arse’

gender has nothing to do with what you wear - at all! Or your haircut, or what job you do.

It's not about not having sympathy, I do, particularly for the athletes that don't know they are DSD until they compete but I'm not going to stand by and have a DSD athlete with the particular DSD that this athlete has and have them dietified by commentators for being an amazing athlete when they aren't, they just have a massive advantage because they are biologically male. I'm really sorry if that offends you but thats the way it is. You can identify how you want in everyday scenarios and live your life how ever you want but in sport there is a biological separation between the sexes for a very good reason and the sooner this is sorted out through all the atheltic events, the better.

In case you aren't aware of the actual regulations, this explains it and this athlete is a)biologically mae and b) has decided not reduce their testosterone hence why they are competing in the 5000m. https://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/dsd-regulations-call-out-athletes-as-biologically-male/
The thing is that intersex people usually identify as men or women but in fact we aren't biological men or women - we have biological characteristics of both sexes.

I've started reading Why Women are Blamed for Everything by Dr Jessica Taylor. It is very interesting, and she explains her ideas really well - her years of experience working with victims of male violence are evident.

I will say that it is very heavy going, simply due to the subject matter...an exhaustive breakdown of different types of victim blaming is not light reading, you know? But definitely worth taking a look at.

Reactions: 13
The thing is that intersex people usually identify as men or women but in fact we aren't biological men or women - we have biological characteristics of both sexes.
This isn't about how you present or whether you have some female characteristics, I'm not stupid, I do know there are many different types of DSD, but if you bother to read the article I posted, it is very clear that that isn't the case for these athletes, they have internal testes and they are able to use the testosterone as they have functioning androgen receptors, if they didn't have functioning androgen receptors they would be able to compete in the female category. This is about athletics and for athletic purposes they are biologically male with all the advantages that gives them in sport. We aren't talking about DSD people living their everyday lives, we are talking about very specific DSD cases in a very specific situation. I don't understand why you can't grasp this.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.