Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Catlady1

VIP Member
The thing is the best time to absorb another language is when you are learning to speak your main language. She needs to be bi lingual because half of her family are Spanish. I agree with Gorka in this case. Holding the door shut so she can’t get out not so much!

Reactions: 20

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I just don't get the whole 'going out' type collections - i don't follow Gemma for fashion stuff, and I like her because she's more of a home bird and low-key casual.

I get why ITS would think it's a good idea for her to sell the casual/gym/swimwear stuff, but she hardly ever seems to go out out herself, so she doesn't seem like an obvious candidate to flog sequinned tops and dresses (so the low engagement on her last ITS post doesn't surprise me one bit)

Lucia

VIP Member
Watching her stories this morning where she’s up early, meal prepping for her jobs as she’s out early and not back til after work, has a washing on, by herself, Mia to get up and get to nursery….I just love her and sooooooo many ‘privileged’ influencers who need their hand held for everything or act so entitled could learn so much from her just living a normal bloody life with a lovely family

I honestly can’t rate her more 🙌🏼
Yep she just gets in with it and actually clearly works to fit everything in. She's definitely the kind of role model women should look for

Multi-21

VIP Member
That’s lovely news that she is pregnant. Good for Gorka having the energy in the midst of doing so much training for Strictly and getting to the final as well 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

RonnieBlessHim

VIP Member
I really love Gemma and enjoy her stories with her little family and dogs. On the whole I think she's brilliant but I hate that she's working with ITS. I don't understand how she can talk about checking which companies are cruelty free to animals when she works with a brand that is cruel to humans. She needs to also become anti fast fashion enslavement as well as anti animal cruelty - otherwise for me, her message loses integrity 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 19

IllBredHen

The irony of posting a story about vegan and cruelty free products and doing her bit where she can and following up with an ad for ITS. It still baffles me she is affiliated with them. I really, really rate her and always feel so disappointed seeing her advertising them

Reactions: 18

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Yes that’s it! I knew she reminded me of someone in the photos but couldn’t think who. She doesn’t look like herself at all
I’m really surprised a proper sportswear brand hasn’t signed Gemma up to promote actual performance clothing, not this ITS guff.
Laura whitmore flogs some stuff but I would see Gemma as more credible as she actually trains and could demonstrate stuff being squat proof etc.
the ITS association may have shot her in the foot for future brand partnerships - it’s cheap and as you say they want to have her as some TOWIE clone for the shoots, not herself.

jackolantern

VIP Member
She looks absolutely horrendous in that new collection. Nothing like herself at all. What a bloody sell out.

Misssj80

VIP Member
Watching her stories this morning where she’s up early, meal prepping for her jobs as she’s out early and not back til after work, has a washing on, by herself, Mia to get up and get to nursery….I just love her and sooooooo many ‘privileged’ influencers who need their hand held for everything or act so entitled could learn so much from her just living a normal bloody life with a lovely family

I honestly can’t rate her more 🙌🏼
I've just watched these stories. Mia is adorable and Gemma is the kind of woman all girls/women should be watching.

Reactions: 17

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I really like Gemma, she just seems an all round lovely person, i watch her stories and think she is the clear down the street not someone with over 1.5 million followers!
I also think the fact she often recommends her ex's business shows how much of a decent person she is and it made me sad to hear she didnt have the best stricly experience with a certain fellow celeb, but she got the best prize in the end!
On the subject of her giving credit to her ex and others who have helped her, it's very refreshing to see - I've noticed she often emphasises that she's just a person who loves fitness but isn't qualified, and points people in the direction of those who are when she's asked for advice, or makes sure she says what works for her might not be suitable for everyone. Certain ex-reality stars with their dodgy fitness plans should take note!

Bol85

VIP Member
Thats exactly how children become bilingual though. From being spoken to fluently at home from a baby. I’m bilingual. My Dad is Swedish & my Mum is English. I’ve lived in the UK my whole life. My Dad only ever spoke Swedish to me & my mum used largely English with odd Swedish phrases. If we were chatting as a family, it’d be English as my mum isn’t fluent in Swedish.

As such, by the time I started primary school, I could fluently speak in both languages. It was never a chore or a lesson, rather, I just learned both at the same time much the same as you learn one language as a baby 🤷🏼‍♀️ My own eldest child can speak good conversational Swedish age 5. I speak Swedish at home alone with them but out & about or as a family, I stick to English as it’s just easier!

bowtiesarecool

Chatty Member
Thing is, at the end of the day, her and Gorks have a mortgage to pay. She's only a local DJ realistically (with a book deal and the ITS deal, both of which probably don't pay excessively), and the pro dancers don't get a lot compared to the celebs, hence the ads. He's not even headlined his own tour.

Times are getting harder and maybe she just does it to put money in the bank. We've all been there, done it. She's got aging pets, maybe vets bills are getting more.

To some, maybe she is selling out. Maybe she's just protecting their future. I enjoy the family stuff with Mia (she's got a fab accent!), Esp with her crush on Will Mellor 🤣

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
Just wanna say Gemma looks bloody stunning in her latest in the style “collection” whether you’re an its fan or not she makes it look cracking!!
Its not whether you're a fan of hers or not really on a personal level, we should all care about fast fashion & the destruction of the planet. Brands like ITS fuel the fires of climate change & constant overconsumption.

Responsible people don't cave to money & promote brands like ITS, Boohoo or PLT.

• Heart

EAD

VIP Member
A pleasant change to see an influencer got a new kitchen and it wasn't gifted, take heed Mark Wright 🙄

• Heart

Taythomlau

It's so funny how I came across Gemma Atkinson, my boyfriend and I were having a conversation last year about which celebrity we'd be nervous to see in real life because we fancied them so much and his was Gemma A. I acted cool but felt so threatened as she is complete opposite looking to me, I'm dark haired, dark eyed. I stalked her Instagram to see what the big fuss was about... absolutely fell in love with her and became a big fan! She seems so down to earth, so genuine, really cares about animals! Absolutely love her, so glad there's a rave thread for her.

• Haha

Okgolightly

VIP Member
Totally get her concerns over raising a spoilt brat, but Mia is still very young and locking her in her room by holding the door shut and labeling her as naughty just isn't the way,

No health care professional or Early years practitioner would support what shes advocating trust me but you know Gemma she can school anyone in any thing she's the authority 🙄
I agree. If it’s at the point you’re locking a little kid in her room as she’s screaming, then control has been lost and it’s not right IMO. As is the mixed messages of when Gorka is there Mia isn’t allowed in the bed but when it’s just Gemma she is. I’d be mortified if my kid was begging me not to tell their dad they’d had a temper tantrum. Or if my partner was shouting at them not to be in our bed. Go on about discipline all you like but IMO that’s not what this is.

• Heart

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
What’s with her encouraging her toddler to have a crush/obsess over a grown man? Not sitting right with me 😬
I think it would be weirder if she was actively trying to discourage it. Kids that age often had odd / weird “crushes” on people. I think it’s cute that she likes Will and the fact she named that elf after him made me laugh 😆