GB News #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see GB News have disabled the live chat function on their website. I suppose I shouldn't have kept mentioning how piss-poor and totally out of touch their panel guests were. Yes, GB News, the voice of the people .... except they don't want 'the people' to actually voice anything. I would suggest about 90 percent of people on their actually loathe the audience they are broadcasting too ... :LOL:. Honestly though, how bleeping desperate must you need to be to appear on a tv channel whose politics you don't agree with and whose audience you wouldn't want to be seen dead with. The cynicism and 'look at meeeeeee' desperation of the average broadcaster knows no bounds.

Reactions: 3
Wife has gone for a nap before we order the Sat night Indian takeaway, I was flicking around tv channels & turned on Neil Oliver, duck me this guy has gone proper tonto, he rants for 10 minutes at a time a whole load of paranoid tit.
Strange move from finding fossils on the Dorset jurassic coast to this.

Looking forward to my Chicken Tikka now lol
In fact I'm absolutely starving 😂

Wife has gone for a nap before we order the Sat night Indian takeaway, I was flicking around tv channels & turned on Neil Oliver, duck me this guy has gone proper tonto, he rants for 10 minutes at a time a whole load of paranoid tit.
I was flicking around and caught a character called 'Oli London' with Nana Akua, apparently he's a 'TV Personality' / 'Campaigner'. Didn't look that old,but seemed to have had a ridiculous nose job, fillers, botox, turkey-teef, the whole works. Looked very odd ... moaning about Trump having to pay $80m to the woman he raped and then defamed. Honestly, I have no idea where they find these oddballs. The are either so desperate to be on telly they will spout any old nonsense, or they actually believe there is some grand conspiracy where the Federal system in the US are all against Trump and all 12 jurors (ordinary members of the public) who reached the figure of $80m are in on it too. Totally mad (and possibly dangerous).

Such a shame about Oliver. Although I can't ever say I was a massive fan, he was a good and engaging presenter on the historical shows.

Reactions: 1
I was flicking around and caught a character called 'Oli London' with Nana Akua, apparently he's a 'TV Personality' / 'Campaigner'. Didn't look that old,but seemed to have had a ridiculous nose job, fillers, botox, turkey-teef, the whole works. Looked very odd ... moaning about Trump having to pay $80m to the woman he raped and then defamed. Honestly, I have no idea where they find these oddballs. The are either so desperate to be on telly they will spout any old nonsense, or they actually believe there is some grand conspiracy where the Federal system in the US are all against Trump and all 12 jurors (ordinary members of the public) who reached the figure of $80m are in on it too. Totally mad (and possibly dangerous).

Such a shame about Oliver. Although I can't ever say I was a massive fan, he was a good and engaging presenter on the historical shows.
I firmly believe that during the Covid lockdowns many people, from all walks of life, disappeared down whatever rabbit-hole on social media, shut in, too much time on hands, became distanced from reality etc etc.
We don't have close-knit family, but I always kept in touch with a lovely Aunt, always popped in with our dog, had a coffee, chat, but since those lockdowns she rarely leaves her home, won't visit or anything.
Sounds a bit daft but I think social media & the shitshow that is modern life has a lot to answer for, mental health-wise.

• Heart

Sadly the weekend shows have become a bit of a parody of what the channel was set up to be. No wonder people are leaving in their droves

Sounds a bit daft but I think social media & the shitshow that is modern life has a lot to answer for, mental health-wise.
Yes. Hoards of unqualified people now appear everywhere talking about 'mental health' when they have no business doing so. I firmly believe this is a major problem. The amount of times I hear someone giving advice to others when their only 'qualification' is that they themselves are in therapy! Those are the LAST types of people I want advice from frankly. The only people who should be allowed to talk about mental health in the media are psychiatrists and certain qualified others (not the ones who do a two year online course in 'psychotherapy'). There has been a massive rise in people self-diagnosing apparently, going to their GP and telling THEM what is wrong, that's a problem.

Andrew Pierce looks like one of those 1950's ventriloquist dummies.
Who the duck is Andrew Pierce anyway and why the duck should anyone give a duck about his opinion on anything? He's even worse than Kevin 'I have a Jarrow march banner hanging in my North London flat' McGuire. Gawd, what a pair of media whores.

Who the duck is Andrew Pierce anyway and why the duck should anyone give a duck about his opinion on anything? He's even worse than Kevin 'I have a Jarrow march banner hanging in my North London flat' McGuire. Gawd, what a pair of media whores.
Andrew Pierce and Kevin Maguire used to appear on GMB regularly when Piers Morgan was still on there. I used to think they were like Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Andrew Pierce and Kevin Maguire used to appear on GMB regularly when Piers Morgan was still on there. I used to think they were like Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show. 😆
Yeah, they still are on there. Albeit with Reid and whichever numpty she's with (Ed Balls/Madeley/Ben Shepard). It's utterly dreadful. GMB is actually worse than what GB News serves up in the morning, mostly because GB News doesn't have Andi Peters showing-up every 20 minutes shouting at the audience to ring a pemium phone-line to enter one of his competitions as he suns himself on some beach somewhere. Pukesville. :sick:

I see GB News have disabled the live chat function on their website. I suppose I shouldn't have kept mentioning how piss-poor and totally out of touch their panel guests were. Yes, GB News, the voice of the people .... except they don't want 'the people' to actually voice anything. I would suggest about 90 percent of people on their actually loathe the audience they are broadcasting too ... :LOL:. Honestly though, how bleeping desperate must you need to be to appear on a tv channel whose politics you don't agree with and whose audience you wouldn't want to be seen dead with. The cynicism and 'look at meeeeeee' desperation of the average broadcaster knows no bounds.
You can blame OFCOM for some of that.

Anything that is right leaning 'must be balanced', therefore requires guests who don't go with the narrative of the broadcaster.

Anything left leaning is allowed to be as such, with no 'balance' required.

If Guardian News TV were broadcasting tomorrow, I can bet OFCOM would not be giving them a hard time over 'balance' and 'bias', requiring them to have right leaning guests, nor would they take any real action on complaints about the channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
You can blame OFCOM for some of that.

Anything that is right leaning 'must be balanced', therefore requires guests who don't go with the narrative of the broadcaster.
Yeah, you are right of course. I was mostly just venting. Honestly though, how could anyone debase themselves by appearing on GB News in order to provide 'balance'? I mean, how bloody desperate for attention does one need to be in order to argue the point with Peter Andre about serious geopolitical matters? :poop:

• Haha
Yeah, you are right of course. I was mostly just venting. Honestly though, how could anyone debase themselves by appearing on GB News in order to provide 'balance'? I mean, how bloody desperate for attention does one need to be in order to argue the point with Peter Andre about serious geopolitical matters? :poop:
That is why I tend to ignore the gleeful comments of some along the lines of 'GB News got 500 complaints from OFCOM." It is usually the same group of sad muppets doing the reporting. Spending hours watching a channel they purportedly cannot stand in the hope of finding the merest hint of 'offence' that can be reported.

There is an element out there that desperately want GB News and Talk TV to fail, as both do not subscribe to their views or political beliefs.

Like I said earlier, if a 'Guardian News TV' channel ever appeared. It would not be subject to the same hate and vitriol as directed at GB News and Talk. If we even hinted at the left wing bias, we would be shut down. Any OFCOM complaints would be laughed off as 'Tin hat brigade at it again.'

GBN and Talk are no means perfect. However, I don't wish to see either fail just to appease a few that believe news and topical discussion should always be broadcast so to suit their left wing beliefs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
GBN and Talk are no means perfect. However, I don't wish to see either fail just to appease a few that believe news and topical discussion should always be broadcast so to suit their left wing beliefs.
I don't want them to fail, but I don't want them to become popular either. If that makes sense. I feel this way because I think a lot of younger people want to work in broadcast media in some capacity and these channels offer that opportunity. Even though my political leanings do not align with GB News I wouldn't want to see them go under because I wouldn't want to see good, honest, hard-working, 'behind-the-scenes' people get laid-off.

That is why I tend to ignore the gleeful comments of some along the lines of 'GB News got 500 complaints from OFCOM." It is usually the same group of sad muppets doing the reporting. Spending hours watching a channel they purportedly cannot stand in the hope of finding the merest hint of 'offence' that can be reported.
It was a massive own goal to start a bring down GB news before it even started broadcasting.

It's definitely found it's niche, the highlight being the coronation which was compelling viewing 😆. I haven't watched or listened to it in ages as it's repeats at times I'd tune in which isn't appealing.

Talk TV I'm not sure can really fail when it's never gained any traction, it's amusing to see the Murdoch corp and their bottomless pockets totally miss the mark.

TalkTV is like the Deathstar. There isn't one good thing about it imo. It cost 85 million quid to set up, not including Piers Morons' wages. I think it'll be pulled in April, at the end of the financial year. Murdoch Inc. has made two offers to buy-out/merge with GB News to my knowledge, both rebuffed. When TalkTV gets flushed, all those self-styled 'commentators' who appear will desperately be trying to get on GB News.

God it'll be ugly behind the scenes as all those ego's jockey for position to get back on TV (even though viewing figures suggest very few people actually watch). Esther Krakue for example, she left GB News for TalkTV, she'll be in a bind .... pleading to come back tail between legs. I actually like Esther, I think she's good. Do I agree with her views? Not really. But it's important to listen to other peoples opinions you disagree with, especially if you want to form a counter-argument. Plus she is absolutely gorgeous! (imo). Then there's Richard Tice of course, he started-off on GB News. And his absolutely vile girlfriend Isabel Oakshott. Both on TalkTV. Richard and Farage famously don't get on ... it's a penis-measuring thing.

Apparently there is major beef behind the scenes right now at TalkTV between Rosanna Lockwood and Julia Hartley-Brewer. Julia is a friend of Laurence Fox and supported him when he got sued by Nicola Thorp. Oh dear. (I'll re-post this in the TalkTV thread).

Fun times ahead to see how all this shakes out.