GB News #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Continue here, Britain's watching 👀

Recap
  • Fox sacked and arrested yesterday for talking about damaging ULEZ cameras.
  • Calvin sacked and crowdfunding on a crusade against cancel culture, 17k raised in the first 24 hours.
  • Wootton suspended and allegedly ignored the producers to challenge Fox and apologise on air. His fate is to be decided.
  • Head girl Bev Turner and tory boy Pierce still hate each other.
  • Ofcom has added the fox comments to their list of things to investigate.
  • GB news owner hedge fund manager Sir Paul Marshall is looking to buy the telegraph.

Reactions: 5
I just read in the I newspaper that GB News 'admire' Iain Dale from LBC, Julia Hartley-Brewer and Mike Graham from TalkTV, as they look for replacements for Dan Wootton, Calvin and Laurence.

Apparently a big name from talk tv is about to jump to GB news and talk tv aren’t going to do anything about it. Personally I would not mind it being David Bull

Reactions: 1

Yel

I thought JHB was leaving talk? I'm sure there was some chatter about that in the last few weeks.

I just read in the I newspaper that GB News 'admire' Iain Dale from LBC, Julia Hartley-Brewer and Mike Graham from TalkTV
Any would probably work for gbn. Although Graham is the one that would be a direct replacement for Wootton. He was calling out mark styne and his opinion probably aligned with management at gbn.

Any would probably work for gbn. Although Graham is the one that would be a direct replacement for Wootton. He was calling out mark styne and his opinion probably aligned with management at gbn.
Is 'Plank of the Week' trademarked by Graham ... reminds me of When Simon Bates left Radio One and took 'Our Tune' with him? :ROFLMAO: I digress ... I like Esther Krakue, she started on GB News and then defected to TalkTV. Admittedly, I mainly like her because of her physical appearance! Bad me ... objectifying women isn't big nor clever ...

I reckon GB have offered her Wootton’s old evening slot.
Hard to say. I get the impression she's more of an early-riser. We'll see. Of course ... if they are paying enough I'm sure she would have her slot used however her boss wants. So to speak. ;)

Murdoch apparently stepped back a few weeks ago, I don't really think he has. Once he's gone they won't keep wasting money on the talk TV project.

Doesn't JHB regularly do the talk evening slot (the one that Sharon Osbourne was the face of and lasted a few weeks😆).

Murdoch apparently stepped back a few weeks ago, I don't really think he has. Once he's gone they won't keep wasting money on the talk TV project.

Doesn't JHB regularly do the talk evening slot (the one that Sharon Osbourne was the face of and lasted a few weeks😆).
Julia does the morning show.

Regarding Holly Willoughby leaving This Morning, will they have that cleaner woman on tonight? I think they should ...

Julia does the morning show
She left that a few weeks ago and now does afternoons, but I was talking about the evening panel show she often does (or did when I watched a few times last year).

I've seen it all now. GB News' man on the ground in Israel this afternoon is ... Uri Geller! Surreal doesn't even do it justice.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
They can't have offered him anywhere close to even a fraction of the fee he'd usually get. He must really want to do it and been given a good offer.

People saying the channel is over since fox and Calvin left might be a bit disappointed

Head girl bev turner celebrating a company not selling masks. Shouldn't a private company be able to sell what they want? No one is forcing anyone to wear them.

Last edited:
They can't have offered him anywhere close to even a fraction of the fee he'd usually get. He must really want to do it and been given a good offer.

People saying the channel is over since fox and Calvin left might be a bit disappointed

Head girl bev turner celebrating a company not selling masks. Shouldn't a private company be able to sell what they want? No one is forcing anyone to wear them.
I'm conflcited about the channel, but it's certainly preferable to TalkTV imo and so long as OfCom keeps an eye on its output I don't really have a problem with it. Its existence does reveal a chronic snobbery from certain sections of the media who don't exactly have clean hands themselves. As usual, no one is forced to watch it. You can't tell me if he went to LBC and asked them for a 3hr show on the weekend they would turn him down, I refuse to believe it. Boris is doing a classic Trump. If he says anything of note it's bound to be picked-up by other channels. It's great advertising for GB News... "Boris Johnson said, on his GB News show...".

Not sure what to say about Bev, she seems to be a very angry lady who channels her resentment (over what we don't know) into being some sort of 'anti-woke' cusader. I'd pay her no mind.

Maybe The White Company have stopped selling them because no one is buying them anymore? She is one deluded lady.

Mark Dolan says he will no longer be hosting the 9pm slot after a final stint this week. I wonder if DW's returning...

Look at what the trauma of GBNews has gone to Fr Calvin Robinson's trademark hair!

1699270457935.png

(he appears to have been ordained a Priest in the Nordic Catholic Church now)

• Haha