Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re getting on my wick, Mick
---
I watched an old episode of Would I Lie To You that Ruth was on with peter serafinowicz and one of his lies was drinking a mixture of tea and coffee.
I’m guessing that’s where she got inspiration for Deano 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When Bryn has the lads staying with him.
"Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum, I smell the blood of several Englishmen"
"Joking I am, I'm not a giant."

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Awww 🥰 made me smile just reading all these latest posts then. I do love Gavin and Stacey.

Reactions: 8
Bryn and his mint baileys -

“You think they’ve thought of it all. You think, ‘Where can they go with this next?’ and then they hit you with it. I mean mint Baileys! Whatever will they think of next!?”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
invading to ask if anyone's keeping up w the joanna page drama? just seen mat horne shading her in a deleted tweet

1711731693327.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Everyone is allowed an opinion but she could have just stopped at “I didn’t like it” rather than saying how tit it is multiple times

Reactions: 9
It was bitchy from Joanna, almost felt like she forgot she was on a podcast.
Wonder if Matt Horne has his own beef with her 🤔

Reactions: 7
Everyone is allowed an opinion but she could have just stopped at “I didn’t like it” rather than saying how tit it is multiple times
i just heard it and GOSH. poor natalie cassidy trying to bring it back on track 🤣 it was so needless when you could have just said “she’s talented but it wasn’t for me”.

Reactions: 7
I just find it weird that the BBC have a podcast where two BBC actresses slag off BBC shows - as a lot of writers and actors have pointed out on twitter, you're allowed to have an opinion but it's just not the done thing to publicly trash someone else's work like that when they're in the same profession

I really liked the show (Things You Should Have Done) but I completely get it's not for everyone

Reactions: 6
Shoot me but I just shrugged at this. She’s entitled to an opinion and she didn’t like it - and they’ve been hired to have opinions in an entertaining way. The creator seems to have shot back pretty effectively via her own channel. And it made me curious to watch it and decide for myself so not even the case that she’s put all the podcast listeners off.

Reactions: 2
Shoot me but I just shrugged at this. She’s entitled to an opinion and she didn’t like it - and they’ve been hired to have opinions in an entertaining way. The creator seems to have shot back pretty effectively via her own channel. And it made me curious to watch it and decide for myself so not even the case that she’s put all the podcast listeners off.
Of course everyone’s allowed their opinion but there wasnt even any constructive criticism as a fellow performer, just ‘its tit I was so bored’ almost like she couldn’t even be arsed to talk about it. Joanna was starting out at some point I’m sure she wouldn’t have appreciated someone calling her work tit so publicly

I wonder if she says the same about established scriptwriters 🤔

She didn’t just say that - although by that point in the pod she was just repeating herself. The (very funny) response the creator did edited the stuff she’d said into one piece but there was a conversation when she did explain some of her issues with it. In a sense she was responding to Nat’s favourable comments. I’m sure she regrets expressing herself the way she did now - I think that pair get carried away with each other to be honest and forget they’re recording.

They’ve criticised other stuff too, both of them.

Reactions: 1
Joanna page has always annoyed me . I don’t find her a talented actress - infact does she even act or just play herself ? I think she exaggerates her accent and comes across really false . A few weeks back she was on this morning . Alison Steadman was on there talking about her latest show Here we go- which i think is better than Gavin and Stacey - however she couldn’t just leave Alison and the bloke to talk about it she had to interrupt and put the attention back on her . Her criticism of things you should have done was nasty and extreme. Of course it’s not a show for everyone and we can have opinions but her just saying it was tit, I was bored , my mum could have wrote better was unnecessary . She could have said it’s not for me and offered some constructive criticism as to why. That being said , she’s always struck me as very thick .