Gallstones

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was she able to do her event. I got mine done on a Friday and no way by Sunday I would have been fit for anything but as another poster here said they were able to work the next day so everyone is different. Hope she is well x
She did! She took a lot of rests but as it was sitting on the sofa with a laptop she was fine to be present for most of it. She's recovering well and I'm relieved! Thank you for asking ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello again lovely people. I feel like I've commandeered this thread for my own questions (sorry!!!)

Daughter is recovering well, no more pain at all on the incisions, they're healing great and all is looking good. The only problem is she has very bad back pain on her right hand side - right on her waist. She's really struggling with it. Anyone else had this? Does it just eventually go?

Hello again lovely people. I feel like I've commandeered this thread for my own questions (sorry!!!)

Daughter is recovering well, no more pain at all on the incisions, they're healing great and all is looking good. The only problem is she has very bad back pain on her right hand side - right on her waist. She's really struggling with it. Anyone else had this? Does it just eventually go?
Some pain is normal when moving about but if she’s still in pain at rest one week+ on I would just give her dr a call just to make sure they don’t want to check her over.

I would say after a week when I was still I felt almost normal but moving about and sleeping were still very difficult.

Hello only just discovered this thread, I’ve been diagnosed with gallstones I started with them after having my daughter last year I am assuming that caused them. The attacks weren’t too regular at first but recently have increased more and I feel a dull ache between them I have been referred for surgery to remove it but have heard mixed results on them a lot of people having issues with diarrhoea etc. Has anyone had any success or regrets have it removed? I’ve been told to have a low fat diet which I generally follow although not perfect but the attacks aren’t exclusive to fatty food unfortunately

Hello only just discovered this thread, I’ve been diagnosed with gallstones I started with them after having my daughter last year I am assuming that caused them. The attacks weren’t too regular at first but recently have increased more and I feel a dull ache between them I have been referred for surgery to remove it but have heard mixed results on them a lot of people having issues with diarrhoea etc. Has anyone had any success or regrets have it removed? I’ve been told to have a low fat diet which I generally follow although not perfect but the attacks aren’t exclusive to fatty food unfortunately
I had mine removed laparascopically in January 2023. After the initial six week recovery I can eat fine and have no side effects. Can't even see the incision sites anymore. Best thing I could have done - I had a continuous eight week attack and I've never felt pain like it. No issues with diet (although I generally eat well) although mine was caused by delayed gastric emptying and I didn't mean any of the usual criteria (I was 30, black hair and a healthy weight)

Reactions: 1
I had mine removed laparascopically in January 2023. After the initial six week recovery I can eat fine and have no side effects. Can't even see the incision sites anymore. Best thing I could have done - I had a continuous eight week attack and I've never felt pain like it. No issues with diet (although I generally eat well) although mine was caused by delayed gastric emptying and I didn't mean any of the usual criteria (I was 30, black hair and a healthy weight)
Thank you that sounds similar to me my GP said I didn’t meet any of the normal criteria 30 and a healthy weight as well but pregnancy is a risk factor apparently. Glad you’re feeling better

I also got gallstones when pregnant. I found eating or drinking alcohol too close before bed set off an attack. I had my gallbladder removed in 2022 when my little one was 7 months old. I have had no ill effects from it. It has honestly changed my life. For the 8 months I had gallstones I was living in fear after every meal in case I had an attack.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had mine removed last August. Still have one scar that’s visible but the other 3 have faded. In terms of after effects, none really except I can no longer eat McDonald’s cheese burgers without getting indigestion and feeling incredibly full for hours after, but it is nothing compared to the gallbladder attacks so I will take it! I assume it’s hard to digest now as it’s high fat? Not sure.

• Heart
Had mine removed a year ago, if anything my digestion has hugely improved and IBS has gone after years of suffering! Don’t follow a particularly low fat diet either, honestly it was the best decision I ever made. Living in fear and being scared to eat for over a year was the worst experience, I felt so relieved when I woke up after the operation.

• Heart
Two years for me and best thing I ever did. Was left with two scars the one just under the boobs and the bellybutton one but I couldn’t care less. Consultant told me 10% chance to be left with a side effect like diarrhoea luckily left with none. I wasn’t given any instruction to keep any diet afterwards and I’d say mine is 50/50 now. Best thing I ever did, I used to litreally pass out or vomit with the pain, I’ll never forget it so bad I’d be paralysed in the bed. regretted that I didn’t get it done sooner (the consults 10% statistic threw me off) as can honestly say it was life changing

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Had mine removed in November and haven’t really had many side effects. Tend to get phantom gallbladder pain if I eat too much white bread or oddly if I eat peanuts.
I have noticed that if I leave it too long in between eating then this can cause diarrhoea but that’s been the only time.
No issues with food that are high fat.

Definitely no regrets with having my gallbladder removed - 18 months of gallbladder attacks and constant anxiety surrounding eating all came to an end after an hour of surgery

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mine was removed July 2021 and zero regrets. I go to the toilet far more often than I did and when I need to go I need to go but it’s alright. I also have a scar between my breasts which sometimes gets itchy. I’d take all of that over the attacks I was having.

• Heart