Gabriella Lindley - Aka VelvetGhostedByAllMates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure I heard somewhere you need fat in your diet so I guess the litre of ice cream I ate last night doesn't count. :D:cool: Changed my mind; her food plan is FUN!

Reactions: 6
The problem is, is that so many people can have such positive outcomes from plans such as weightwatchers and slimming world but it needs to be viewed differently than being “just another diet”. Diets help (sometimes) in the short term but going to the meetings etc is meant to create a community feel about doing it together / building each other up, sharing ideas about different things to make etc..
but She seems to view it as a diet. Not counting certain things i understand in the sense of not trying to become to obsessive with it but if that’s the case then these sorts of plans aren’t the thing to do. She obviously has issues with food, her mindset seems to be very set in its way & the only way that a longer term change will occur is if that is sorted alongside sorting out her diet.. like you can eat well for however long but you’re not going to be on WW forever so it’s having the mindset to be able to do it alone.
I agree - I think diets in terms of restriction don't work, but if you view a lot of them as a lifestyle change then they can be helpful. I think the issue with WW and SW is when people are like 'ooh thats free free/no points, so I'll have that' even if its not a healthy option like fizzy or something, and then they end up having that everyday...it just makes the whole thing pointless and isn't teaching you good habits, or encouraging say an 80/20 rule of healthy vs unhealthy food.

Reactions: 5
I agree - I think diets in terms of restriction don't work, but if you view a lot of them as a lifestyle change then they can be helpful. I think the issue with WW and SW is when people are like 'ooh thats free free/no points, so I'll have that' even if its not a healthy option like fizzy or something, and then they end up having that everyday...it just makes the whole thing pointless and isn't teaching you good habits, or encouraging say an 80/20 rule of healthy vs unhealthy food.
Exactly! It is completely down to someone’s mindset and if not in the right place, it can be utterly damaging.. for that reason! like it’s no real different from calorie counting if you aren’t getting the right balance of nutrients etc & like gabbie having bacon & beans often - no it’s not necessary bad.. it’s probably quite low in points but it doesn’t give much varied nutritional value.. & I know WW/SW do do (or have done) a couple of different “plans” so I am cant recall if she has mentioned which one she is doing..
she does however look to be having slightly more varied dinners/lunches to previous times she has tried it although it doesn’t appear she is having much fruit and veg (only going by photos) which is what you would stock up on really because they’re either free from points or verrry low.🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I don’t know what ‘medium’ bread looks like in Brighton but that’s definitely a thick loaf where I come from. 😂

Why does she lie about stuff like this? The only person your hurting is yourself gabs!!!!!

0E5ACD4D-E829-4313-80F8-DEBEDC15BDB7.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Whyyyyy is she eating crisps so much? Who heard of losing weight eating crisps? I don't get it At All. Surely there's also way too much bread going on here too? I know 0 about dieting but I'd cut out white bread and saturated fatty stuff like crisps. I'm more into crisps than chocolate and probably eat way too many myself, but I always notice when I don't eat them for a while I lose a bit of weight 😂 those 71kcals from that bag of Skips could be spent on something much better.

I had the same surgery as gabby. Granted, I now have no stomach at all because of complications but details.

I personally have no idea how she manages to eat an entire 2 slices of bread sandwich and a packet of skips in one sitting. That would take me 2 sittings to eat before the old stomach was chucked in bio waste bin (half a sandwich, 2 hours later the other half). But I do know that once you are fully recovered the measure for how much you can eat is gauged by a THIN sandwich, with butter and a thin layer of filling.

Also, they always advised staying away from white loaf style bread, it takes up bulk with little nutritional value. Tortillas are abit better (more filling, less bread).

It’s quite hard to stretch your stomach out. But the issue with the surgery is for the first year or so you don’t feel hunger, because the part of the stomach that produces the hormone is removed. But it starts to reform in other areas of the stomach and the hunger hits you like a brick wall.

If you are like me, and probably gabby, and have had the surgery due to over eating but expect the surgery to do 100 percent of the work, your gonna have a bad time. You can eat every 2 hours, it’s very easy to eat large amounts of calories through the day this way. Especially if you eat junk food/crap.

Also, liquid calories.

A lot of people who have the surgery regain weight. More so if you have a bypass however. The typical average loss of a gastric sleeve is 53 percent of your excess body weight, 18 months after surgery (most drop low then regain). Most do not go below ‘overweight’ on the bmi scale after 18 months. I lost a lot more than the average, largely due to the complications.

It’s all a bit different for me now since I’m a total gastrectomy (and I was ‘lucky’ that I had chronic sepsis for 3 years that burnt through calories 😒), but I’m now having to be very active on managing my weight. I have to track what I eat (mainly for nutrition information because I don’t absorb as much) and exercise. But, I have that demon still there that just says Eat. Eat. Eat. Self control is still needed.

Reactions: 19
Any time I think about gobby’s food choices and self control I think about the kitkat cottage pie 😐
Nothing will top that. 😂
Well done @MontyMoo you’re doing great 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Whyyyyy is she eating crisps so much? Who heard of losing weight eating crisps? I don't get it At All. Surely there's also way too much bread going on here too? I know 0 about dieting but I'd cut out white bread and saturated fatty stuff like crisps. I'm more into crisps than chocolate and probably eat way too many myself, but I always notice when I don't eat them for a while I lose a bit of weight 😂 those 71kcals from that bag of Skips could be spent on something much better.
You can eat crisps and lose weight. If they’re within your calorie allowance - you can eat a bag every day if you want. It’s about balance though - something Gab doesn’t seem capable of

Reactions: 9
I saw Gob’s in person (around the time she was up the arse crack of Zoe). I couldn’t believe how big she was, compared to the way she appeared in her videos.

She was stomping around the shopping centre (with those hideous black clod-hopper shoes on), followed by Jane .. who looked completely down-trodden and done with her!

I haven’t really kept up with her since, so thought I’d have a neb yesterday.

I see nothing at all’s changed (apart from the fact she’s now completely friend-less, and hardly leaves her flat).

Does Jane appear on her videos any longer? Wondered if she’s still the enabler I remembered her to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I just watched a recent vlog and lol'd so much when she said she went to the park with the intention of doing a bike ride but when she got there she didn't end up doing it because she forgot to put her watch on that tracks activity 😂 apparently to work out she HAS to wear her watch or she forgets she's done it. Never heard so much shite in my life. Just get on the bleeping bike and pedal lazy oaf

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I just watched a recent vlog and lol'd so much when she said she went to the park with the intention of doing a bike ride but when she got there she didn't end up doing it because she forgot to put her watch on that tracks activity 😂 apparently to work out she HAS to wear her watch or she forgets she's done it. Never heard so much shite in my life. Just get on the bleeping bike and pedal lazy oaf
I thought that too, what a load of tit. Stupid bint

Reactions: 2
Did she really just upload a 20 min video of herself doing an online personality test? Worse of all, why did I watch it. She said she has the most rare personality at least 10 times. Odd girl

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Found another video where she mentions the neighbours, since she deleted all of those tweets 😂

I don't get why she kept going back to that surgeon if he botched so much? Surely it would've been better to go to different surgeons for the different specialties?

Found another video where she mentions the neighbours, since she deleted all of those tweets 😂

I don't get why she kept going back to that surgeon if he botched so much? Surely it would've been better to go to different surgeons for the different specialties?
But then what would she have to complain about?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.