Funny People and Place Names.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to play ukulele. We (my club) once played with a group known as PUKE. (Poole I think)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My aunt knew someone named Edna Dean, her first and last names were anagrams of each other.

Reactions: 6
There's a ski jumper called Andreas Wank. He's Austrian so it's pronounced Vank.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I often have to pass a street called "The Copse". All my brain sees is "The Corpse".

I see a lot of children's names in my line of work. Hyphenated names are everywhere at the moment, and in the past week alone I've seen two poor boys saddled with the name "John-Thomas". Just why? Surely they have relatives who would tell them to have a rethink?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I went to school in the 1990s with a boy called John Thomas. He always wanted to be referred to as John Paul.
The editor of the local newspaper is Wayne Ankers. People thought it was a piss take when he first started

I met a kid call Alpacino last week. All one word. Cute but that's a lot to live up to.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
There is a lady called Friday Knight at my workplace, she doesn’t look like a Friday night more like a Sunday morning attending church.
Worked with an OB-GYN called Miss Fani

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They have some cracking surnames in France, how about messrs. Bigot, Moron or Batard (translates as Bastard)?
In Caen theres Boulangerie Batard - ie "Bastard Bakery" - hilarious :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My mother runs a patchwork & quilting class and one of the ladies that attends had the maiden surname Winter and married guy with the surname Frost.
She went from Winter to Frost! What were the odds? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to know a couple with the surname Rouse and they wanted to name their daughter Summer, they changed their mind when it was pointed out to them

• Haha
Reactions: 4