Fuller Figure Fuller Bust #8 Grubby George spending postpartum in her stinky nest, no advice for she knows best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She couldn’t face walking into a sling library because she would know that she knows NOTHING compared to the amazing, experienced women who run them. It’s not her style at all. (Prove me wrong George, go on…)

Reactions: 6
She couldn’t face walking into a sling library because she would know that she knows NOTHING compared to the amazing, experienced women who run them. It’s not her style at all. (Prove me wrong George, go on…)
I agree, she can’t stand the thought of someone telling her what to tweak to help make it work, then she would feel inferior and would take it personal that her sister likely got it naturally without help (as she was getting advice off her sister)
Basically she just never wants to be proven wrong, and being told her baby would be happy in a sling if she used it properly she wouldn’t be able to handle.

Reactions: 5
The sheer amount of stories is shocking. She literally spends hours of her day talking crap on her stories. It’s shocking. And she can’t really justify it as work when she’s losing followers daily.

Reactions: 10
I agree, she can’t stand the thought of someone telling her what to tweak to help make it work, then she would feel inferior and would take it personal that her sister likely got it naturally without help (as she was getting advice off her sister)
Basically she just never wants to be proven wrong, and being told her baby would be happy in a sling if she used it properly she wouldn’t be able to handle.
Doesn't serve her purpose for baby to be happy in a sling, if she was she would have zero reason to stay glued to the sofa doing absolutely nothing / imaginary 4th trimester bollox cuddling her newborn/ 2 month old baby. That would also mean there would be no need for a doula because she then could get housework done, cooking, functioning like the adult grown woman she is ...nope the sling won't be used anytime soon!

Reactions: 12
Well she’s not got much longer to keep blaming the fourth trimester for everything, what’s she going to do then?

Reactions: 12
My child hated the sling when I was wearing it so we tried other things. She would play or sleep somewhere safe. The child doesn’t need constant holding and she knows that. She just wants to hold her constantly

Reactions: 3
For someone so firm in her views this morning that she didn’t want ANY well meaning advice about putting her baby down, she sure as hell is now backtracking and feeling “proud” (her words) that she’s managed to put her baby down to poo?? I think she must of got some direct comments about her pissing herself confession and she’s realised it’s not relatable like she thought it’s just downright weird!
At this point she’s just proving she has no bleeping clue what she’s doing and where she stands on the whole motherhood spectrum!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
For someone so firm in her views this morning that she didn’t want ANY well meaning advice about putting her baby down, she sure as hell is now backtracking and feeling “proud” (her words) that she’s managed to put her baby down to poo?? I think she must of got some direct comments about her pissing herself confession and she’s realised it’s not relatable like she thought it’s just downright weird!
At this point she’s just proving she has no bleeping clue what she’s doing and where she stands on the whole motherhood spectrum!
But isn't some of it just common sense ?
You don't hold your baby sleeping baby whilst taking a tit ?
You don't hold your sleeping baby and wee yourself whilst sat on the sofa ?
You don't only eat chocolate and crisps whilst breastfeeding your baby ?
You don't hold your sleeping baby during the night and film yourself talking endless shite into your phone?

Surely all of this is just common sense ?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
But isn't some of it just common sense ?
You don't hold your baby sleeping baby whilst taking a tit ?
You don't hold your sleeping baby and wee yourself whilst sat on the sofa ?
You don't only eat chocolate and crisps whilst breastfeeding your baby ?
You don't hold your sleeping baby during the night and film yourself talking endless shite into your phone?

Surely all of this is just common sense ?
Of course it is. With a population of upwards of 7 billion people it's amazing any of us made it to adulthood if our parents were risking our lives by putting us down.

Babies cry, it's what they do. Nobody on earth thinks a baby can't survive for the duration of a trip to the toilet.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her behavior is so worrying, of course cuddle your baby but don't lose all self care, keeping herself clean and comfortable is so important, she speaks like she resents the baby taking her time feeding etc, erm newsflash babies do things in their own time... Shocker I know George.

The baby doesn't need feeding 24 hours a day either she's probably throwing up because she's so full, also she's not a newborn and what the duck is the fourth trimester 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂😂

Sorry I'm clearly enraged **** she pissed herself?! I mean come on????!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Her behavior is so worrying, of course cuddle your baby but don't lose all self care, keeping herself clean and comfortable is so important, she speaks like she resents the baby taking her time feeding etc, erm newsflash babies do things in their own time... Shocker I know George.

The baby doesn't need feeding 24 hours a day either she's probably throwing up because she's so full, also she's not a newborn and what the duck is the fourth trimester 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂😂

Sorry I'm clearly enraged **** she pissed herself?! I mean come on????!!!!!
4th trimester...some old bollox that George is using as an excuse to sit and hold her baby all day and night. No one else is allowed to hold her because she's in her 4th trimester etc etc. It's complete tripe but George has been using it to her full advantage and justification for doing zero for the last 2 months since baby was born.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Who wants to see anyone rambling at their phone while lying in the dark in their grotty pyjamas? I wouldn't video call my best mate looking like that.

Reactions: 13
Oh and more affiliate links for stuff she doesn't own, with the info cropped off so you have to use her link. 🙄

Reactions: 6
Oh good she's started to think like a normal human being that a baby can be left for a few seconds for the parent to use the toilet. Too bad she'd already ranted in the morning about how she's been told that you can cause attachment issues and trauma by not holding the baby and them crying. (This sentiment really pees me off- chn with actual attachment issues go through real trauma in their childhood- neglect, abuse of all kinds etc. by their caregivers. It isn't caused by a child getting mildly upset when you get yourself a drink and it diminishes and trivialises the actual horrific experiences that some children go through when it is compared as such).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She seems to be under the impression that the baby having a bit of a whinge while she nips to the loo is the same as her being left on her own to cry for hours, she needs some perspective

Reactions: 11
She seems to be under the impression that the baby having a bit of a whinge while she nips to the loo is the same as her being left on her own to cry for hours, she needs some perspective
Exactly this. She views the baby making noises as trauma and distress. Even if they are crying in a bouncy chair and being clingy, how many of us have called back to them, talking and singing to comfort them whilst we are in the kitchen making a cup of tea. That's not going to cause attachment issues.

Reactions: 9
Wow, I had no idea other people felt the same way I do about Georgina... I had honestly started to think it was just me..

I was very happy for her when she fell pregnant.. I have been on the infertility train for years and it's a truly horrible experience, so was very happy she was able to achieve success, however, she lacked any form of empathy when she was sharing her story and placed the responsibility squarely on others to unfollow her under the guise of "do what you need to do to protect yourself". Initially, I thought she had encountered failed cycle after failed cycle, but when I found out it was just one failed cycle (great embryo, but didn't implant), I was shocked she was actually referring to herself as an "IVF warrior".... if she truly was an IVF warrior, she would know exactly what it is like to have multiple failed IVF rounds.. it's a truly depressing journey.. thankfully, I was able to connect with other women going through the same process and I, eventually, achieved success (after 20+ failed rounds), but I NEVER EVER rubbed my success in anyone's face, especially not to the other women who could not have children and had given up trying.. I don't even mention my kids to friends or family who are either childless by choice or struggling with infertility... Babies are like farts, you love the smell of your own, but you don't love anyone else's.

George could have been the beacon of hope for women struggling, but chose to be anything but.. instead, she went on and on and on about her success, even blatantly stating that she had NO FERTILITY ISSUES whatsoever and that people should stop sending her messages because the fertility issues didn't lay with her.. so we get that her husband has either low sperm count or sperm motility issues.. but when a couple is struggling with infertility, it's a shared problem, but one where you start pointing the finger...

I totally understand the longed for child sentiment.. I wanted, so badly, all the crap that came with having a child: the sleepless nights, the poo, the wee, the crying, all of it, and refused to listen to anyone who told me otherwise.. we wanted it all!! We didn't care and all the advice we were given fell on deaf ears... until you have a child, you have no idea what it will be like.. then the sleep deprivation hit, omg did it hit.. we were dying.. it was horrible.. the child cried and cried and cried.. we had our child during the start of the pandemic, so we had NO ASSISTANCE, not even a doula or a house keeper and family couldn't help due to the lockdowns.. we joined FB groups and contacted pediatricians, sleep consultants, you name it, we contacted them.. here's what we came to find out about babies, George:

1. they make atrocious noises.. all day and all night, especially in their sleep overnight.. mine sounded like he was a construction site.. it freaked us out, but we taped him and played it to a pediatrician who laughed and told us it was absolutely normal. I understand the fear she has, but she should consult a pediatrician for assistance.. we couldn't take the noise anymore and we moved him into his own room.. I would think a pediatrician would be more beneficial than an emergency service?

2. babies cry and feeding them every time they cry will create a huge problem, because they will develop a habit and expect to be fed every single time they cry.. i appreciate she's 8 weeks old in a few days, but now is the time to set a routine and start using gentle settling techniques if they cry after they have been fed/changed/burped/etc. NO BABY HAS EVER DIED FROM CRYING. We couldn't take the sleep deprivation anymore and we read books/sought advice and implemented them all until we found one that worked. Letting the child cry for 10 mins enabled the baby to learn to self soothe. Of course, you go in every 10 mins or so to let the baby know you are there (more often if the baby is hysterical) and try gentle settling techniques, no one is suggesting the cry it out indefinitely method.. we would go in there, turn the baby to his side and lightly pat him for a few minutes and walked out again and repeated this until he went back to sleep. After 3 days of NO SLEEP, hen became a little sleeping champion in a routine, so he knew when he would be fed, changed, burped, played, etc. We stretched the feeds out too, which meant no more overfeeding (i.e. not feeding every time he cried), instead, stretching them out to between 3-5 hours. Overfed babies cry...

3. AWAKE TIMES ARE SO IMPORTANT TO PREVENT AN OVERTIRED BABY!!!! We didn't know this, because the useful stuff is never taught in these stupid birthing courses/classes... we didn't know that an 8 week old should not be kept awake for more than 1.5 hours from the time they woke and that they had to sleep a MINIMUM of 2 hours (and no more than 5 hours) between feeds.. this was something we had no idea about, but we were very grateful people responded to our cries for help with useful information. We also didn't know that they should be put to sleep in a dark quiet room (to help with melatonin release). Overtired babies don't sleep well and will cry.. we found this hard the hard way....

There are so many mommy bloggers on SM, some are just such wonderful women.. I follow this mom who blogged about her pregnancy and at the 37 week mark, when she was due, she delivered a stillborn.. absolutely devastating and heart wrenching.. thankfully she was able to conceive again and delivered a health baby, but she didn't have the paranoia that George had, even though she should have... this poor woman then suffered severe PPD and left social media for a good 4-6 months, to get the help she needed and back on track and she has since returned.. she's an incredible woman.. she's such a beautiful person, so relatable, SO HELPFUL, open to suggestions/advice, shares the issues in a raw and gentle manner.. got her mental health back in check and is now the beacon of hope for women going through PPD.. she's such a beautiful person.. she engages with her 600k+ followers and they love her dearly.. she does NOT post stories lambasting her followers for reaching out to her.. she does not treat her followers with disrespect or as though they are stupid.. I am sick of George prefacing her stories/posts with "don't compare yourself with me.... our journeys are different" or "please see your midwife/health visitor/doctor/blah for x" or "just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for me" or "don't send me messages about x, I don't want to see anymore messages!"... she's really quite mean and completely unlikable and unrelatable.. I have often wanted to send her a message to give her some gentle advice, but I don't want to be met with a harsh response.. the majority of us women want to be part of the sisterhood and help out if we see someone struggling.. but she just blocks anyone who tries to help or give advice..

and what's with all the BFing whinge? and then the "fed is best" slogan if she then says "but I'm not ready to stop BFing just yet"... so do as I say but not as I do? and what is with the affiliate links? If you really want to recommend something to help other moms, then recommend it, but don't go to all the trouble to get an affiliate link first so you can make some sort of profit off of it.. none of the new moms have time to be spruiking their affiliate links.. clearly not as time poor as she leads us to believe...

I hope that her day by day monologues aren't a prelude to something more serious, like Munchausen syndrome.. she often describes her child as being sick/sickly.. my baby was congested, but he also has a mouth so if he couldn't breathe through his nose, he would breathe through his mouth.. She would benefit from seeing a pediatrician who can help assess her baby and reassure her or fix the issues she's so worried about, if she cares to listen to the experts who have years and years of experience with babies/children...

She lacks insight and she doesn't realize that her "honest mom chat" is nothing other than a boring monologue.. there is no engagement with her followers whatsoever..

I genuinely feel sorry for her.. she has previously confessed to having no friends, yet she lacks the insight to understand why.. she must, honestly, feel lonely.. I have seen the way she talks to her husband.. the poor guy walks on eggshells around her as he fears one wrong word will cause her to break down.. I hope she is able to take a break off SM and meet new moms (maybe even join a few FB groups of new moms, this was invaluable to me as a new mom) and return with a new attitude and more love towards her followers...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.