Friends (or lack of)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again, you don’t know the dynamics of this friendship and the context. It’s not about his text. I’ll leave it at that.

I shouldn’t have posted this on a thread where people don’t have friends and therefore seek any kind of friendship to come along. I definitely should have posted this elsewhere because there clearly is some bias on here.

By the way - Funny you guys are giving grand lessons on friendship when you call other women cunts. Calling a woman a bleep even using that term towards another woman is disgraceful and doesn’t make you look like nice people either.

Have a nice day.
Wow, who’s being rude and making assumptions now? Just because some people on this thread have no real friends (myself included) it does not mean that we all “seek any kind of friendship to come along”.
I don’t want any friends at all, let alone desperate to be friends with anyone and a lot on here are the same.

Reactions: 14
Again, you don’t know the dynamics of this friendship and the context. It’s not about his text. I’ll leave it at that.

I shouldn’t have posted this on a thread where people don’t have friends and therefore seek any kind of friendship to come along. I definitely should have posted this elsewhere because there clearly is some bias on here.

By the way - Funny you guys are giving grand lessons on friendship when you call other women cunts. Calling a woman a bleep even using that term towards another woman is disgraceful and doesn’t make you look like nice people either.

Have a nice day.
This reply is really rude. Calling it a thread where ‘people don’t have friends and seek any kind of friendship to come along’ when people are opening up about their problems. Only one person used the word bleep and not the user you’re replying to. You’re posting on an advice thread where people seek advice, if someone disagrees with you then they will reply, it’s a discussion forum. there’s no need to snap at the whole thread who are opening up about something they are upset about.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The user I replied to quoted the posted that used the word “bleep” and advised they agreed with them. Enough said in my eyes.

There is a way to convey an opinion without using rude and derogatory. Name calling is never OK.

I’m generally a very nice and respectful person but this completely set me off. I wasn’t particularly seeking unsolicited advice, let alone advice which used bad language unnecessarily.

You mention people opening up about being upset and me snapping at the thread. I posted something about a personal feeling and got a rude response I didn’t even ask for yet it is not OK for me to call out the bias some people on this thread display. Right. A bit contradictory.

I’m going to leave it at this - it will derail the thread and I’m not willing to argue any further.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
So the best friend who ghosted me has posted us a Christmas card this morning. Our husbands are good friends (that’s how we became friends) so it’s obviously just a normal standard polite thing to send a Christmas card. We normally send friend ones but it’s just a normal generic one. I just don’t see the point of sending a Christmas card to someone who you’ve cut contact with? If you’re gonna go out of your way to completely cut contact with someone then don’t send a Christmas card.

Her husband won’t have even told her to send it either, she’s chose to do it herself. I know it’s not a big deal but when I’m trying to just get on with life seeing her name come through the door it has just upset me. She’s left me with really bad confidence issues around whether my other friends actually like me and I’m too scared to try and make new friends as it’s a waste of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So the best friend who ghosted me has posted us a Christmas card this morning. Our husbands are good friends (that’s how we became friends) so it’s obviously just a normal standard polite thing to send a Christmas card. We normally send friend ones but it’s just a normal generic one. I just don’t see the point of sending a Christmas card to someone who you’ve cut contact with? If you’re gonna go out of your way to completely cut contact with someone then don’t send a Christmas card.

Her husband won’t have even told her to send it either, she’s chose to do it herself. I know it’s not a big deal but when I’m trying to just get on with life seeing her name come through the door it has just upset me. She’s left me with really bad confidence issues around whether my other friends actually like me and I’m too scared to try and make new friends as it’s a waste of time.
Hi new to the thread , first post here. It sounds like the ex friend is feeling a bit of guilt maybe about ghosting you ? I don’t know your story but something similar happened to me recently. I had a baby 3 months ago and a friend who I’d been close enough to for 10+ years (she’s about 20 years my senior, we met in work when I was a student working part time and she was full time there) anyway .. we’d lost touch here and there over the years life is busy she has children is a single mother etc. her own mother became ill with Parkinson’s disease too, so I understood she had a lot going on and I left her be after she didn’t reply to calls and texts. But she’d regularly ghost me and then get back in contact again when she’d need something from me. Sometimes money. To cut an even longer story short, she stopped replying to my texts in 2021 and in that time I got pregnant but we hadn’t been talking and I don’t use Facebook etc so she had no idea what was going on with me. She found out from a mutual friend that I’d had my baby in September and she rang me on WhatsApp it was so awkward. We hadn’t spoken in over a year. I’m good with deflecting and communicating in general so I just made it all about her (the way she likes it) I posted her cards for birthdays etc over the years and I sent her one recently. She hasn’t sent one back or acknowledged my card. Also think she blocked me on WhatsApp because I can’t see her profile picture anymore or her online status🤔 I have bigger things going on in my life but like you I did feel a blow to my confidence like I wasn’t a valued friend to her and she only used me when she wanted something off me. She rang me out of guilt when she found out I’d be pregnant and had a whole baby and she didn’t contact me once or reply to my texts or calls for over a year. People are selfish we mustn’t base our worth on their actions/ treatment of us. I’m sure you’re a great friend and person, people just take advantage of that sometimes it’s horrible. I wouldn’t send her a card back. It’s her prerogative sending you a card whatever the reason. Doesn’t mean you have to send one back. It’s like someone buying you a gift they do it because they want to or whatever reason they have, the favour doesn’t have to be returned. I always say give with a heart and a half or don’t bother giving at all especially for the sake of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tonight must’ve been the worst night in terms of “ show who your friends are“. they all did secret Santa and I didn’t get any. I sort of quietly sat back and didn’t make any fuss but for once it it did bleeping hurt. Im so bleeping low right now I can’t even explain. I also hate myself for being so hurt, because some time ago I promised myself I never ever love or trust anyone and it worked for a while. Onwards and upwards for a sad fat bastard I guess

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Tonight must’ve been the worst night in terms of “ show who your friends are“. they all did secret Santa and I didn’t get any. I sort of quietly sat back and didn’t make any fuss but for once it it did bleeping hurt. Im so bleeping low right now I can’t even explain. I also hate myself for being so hurt, because some time ago I promised myself I never ever love or trust anyone and it worked for a while. Onwards and upwards for a sad fat bastard I guess
Was this a night out with friends that didn’t include you in this? You aren’t a sad bastard at all - they sound like thoughtless twats.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That's horrible they left you out knowing you'd be there, you aren't sad at all.
The same happened with my daughter at school, her allocated person didn't buy for her and she was the only person in her form group without a present she was really hurt by it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That’s so cunty, why invite someone along who is not involved ffs? These lot sound like school kids

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That's horrible they left you out knowing you'd be there, you aren't sad at all.
The same happened with my daughter at school, her allocated person didn't buy for her and she was the only person in her form group without a present she was really hurt by it.
While that is awful of the person I feel like the teacher should have checked and made sure there was something for your daughter. Equally as awful on the teachers part

Reactions: 12
While that is awful of the person I feel like the teacher should have checked and made sure there was something for your daughter. Equally as awful on the teachers part
I agree. They should have had a few spares if they were the ones to organise this, some parents might not have been able to afford to join in.

Reactions: 6
Yea it definitely could of been better organised, presents were due in the day of the swap. Luckily teacher had spare but she had to ask so knew she was the only one not brought for/forgotten. She's been struggling saying no one likes her so it really upset her and she sees it as it showing no one likes her. If they'd been handed in a day or 2 before and teacher put one in for her she'd of never known hers was a spare.
It's hurts when your left out

• Sad
  • Heart
Seeing a group of friends out for a birthday n not being invited! Pre covid I was really good friends with the girl who’s birthday it was. I’m 40 next year n was gonna have a party like my 30th but won’t have any friends to invite! Think I’ll just stick to my tiny circle n have a meal!

• Sad
  • Heart
Does anyone feel tit after the hang around people? I always end up feeling a little shunned and left on the outskirts and now I feel like shutting myself off completely 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Does anyone feel tit after the hang around people? I always end up feeling a little shunned and left on the outskirts and now I feel like shutting myself off completely 😔
Yes, every single time.

And even if I had a nice time in the moment, I'll come home and convince myself that in reality I've embarrassed myself, been too much or too weird, that people were pretending to like me, etc etc.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes, exactly why I walked away from a social group. Kept coming home after seeing them thinking “what was the bleeping point?”

I’m convinced that some people are just dickheads who love the sound of their own voices and aren’t thinking about how they make others feel. I promise not every group is like that but ugggghhh, some are and you don’t have to put up with it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
So I messaged my friends back in November and said how nice it would be to catch up before Christmas. Got the standard reply of people being busy and ‘let’s catch up in January’.
Just seen on Instagram all these stories of them out at pub singing karaoke for one of their birthdays…no invite and absolutely no mention of it to me. My stomach just dropped, that is the biggest slap in the face. I sent a story reply and said ‘ looks like you had fun’
I don’t think I’ll be catching up with them in January. This has made me see that actually they aren’t my friends and aren’t people I want to hang around but I’m still hurt I was left out

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
So I messaged my friends back in November and said how nice it would be to catch up before Christmas. Got the standard reply of people being busy and ‘let’s catch up in January’.
Just seen on Instagram all these stories of them out at pub singing karaoke for one of their birthdays…no invite and absolutely no mention of it to me. My stomach just dropped, that is the biggest slap in the face. I sent a story reply and said ‘ looks like you had fun’
I don’t think I’ll be catching up with them in January. This has made me see that actually they aren’t my friends and aren’t people I want to hang around but I’m still hurt I was left out
Of course you were. Being left out sucks. I’m sorry that happened to you and I hope you have other people you can turn to x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So
Sorry this has happened to
You. You don’t need people like that! I’ve had that this week too. And it’ hurts so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just catching up on this thread and it makes me sad to read all of your stories as I think we're all in the same boat re "friends". Strikes me that we're all of an empathetic nature and I really feel that's a great thing. I know the lonliness of not feeling part of a group and having toxic friends but on the flip side of that, who wants to be friends with toxic soul suckers anyways?! I just want to say mind yourselves over the Christmas period. Ye're all such a great supportive group ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.