Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FoksiOska

VIP Member
Such awful news and no age. Martin and his sayings were my favourite part of the show.
He was fantastic in Chernobyl too if anyone watched that.
May he enjoy endless crimble crumble 😪✨

Reactions: 11

DrLoomis

I didn't believe it to begin with when a friend sent me an article about Paul Ritter's death. It is such sad news. FND was a firm favourite in our house and we quote it so much. We are making our way through the box set in tribute to Ritter. So sad to think that both Grandmas have passed away recently as well.

I don't know about anyone else but when an actor from a TV show dies I find myself thinking about how the characters of the show would react. It would be a very sad time in the Goodman household at the moment but I can't help but see Jim appearing at the door in a black suit with a top hat on with a black tie on Milson... of course he would bring some sort of mourning gift which would be a bag of carrots or something random like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
The show has definitely lost its way this series. Which is a real shame because it has been a great show up until this series.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

~vix~83~

VIP Member
So sad, I’ve recently just re watched. It won’t be the same without Martin.
He can eat his nice bit squirrel In peace now!

shit on it!

• Sad

hrh89

VIP Member
Kind of wish they would put the entire series up at once I’m not used to watching one a week much anymore

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Young man, would you like a yoghurt 🤣🤣🤣

I have suspected CV so I am living in the bedroom whilst the family are downstairs. Symptoms are quite mild (touch wood) so I watched last nights on my phone this morning and I am rewatching the older episodes on all4. 👍🏻 Bloody punk rockers, they slandered me 🤣🙀

• Haha

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Can you imagine what someone who has never watched it would think reading this thread? 😂😉

I mean what's it all about? Oi you, little legs...what's it all about?

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Love it so much this show. And not just because of my crush on Tom Rosenthal, but because of how ridiculously barmy it always is. Such chaos over a lovely bit of squirrel and crimble crumble.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
The actor who plays Jim plays the headmaster husband of Dawn French in her latest series. First time I’d seen him in anything other than Jim. And yes, the Jim character is too much.
Mark Heap is a brilliant comedy actor and has been in some of the best British comedies of all time - Spaced, Green Wing (which also starred Tamsin Greig) and Big Train - some of my favourite shows ever. Totally worth checking out if you never have.

He is skin crawlingly creepy as Jim though!

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Shit on it :cry:

Did not know he had been in so much stuff such as Harry Potter and Chernobyl.

Reactions: 9

Barbs89

Chatty Member
Definitely trying too hard to be funny, it went from Jim being an almost believable strange neighbour, to him now being this nut job who walks into their home and invites himself out with them. The silver coat thing was pointless, the Milton thing is too much and the lights in the caravan was too far as well, martin would not have done that! Spoilt!

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I thought the character of Gibby was just stupidly OTT and unbelievable but I still found the rest of the characters funny.

Still think Jim is good but only just about, I think he's stepped a bit too far over the OTT line too.
Jim definitely only works in small doses. Becomes very annoying and too much when he becomes a central character in an episode. And Gibby, well, the less said about her the better. Bloody awful.

• Heart
Really shocked and sad to hear the news. He was the funniest character. I wonder if FND will continue? I don't think it can without him.

Unless the show massively changes, to Jackie being the annoying mother-in-law, or something.