Four teenagers missing in car

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those poor families. The BBC article said that the college had two other students die recently as well. The emotional impact on those kids must be huge. Such a huge toll on a small college community

• Sad
Reactions: 9
What was this?
A couple went missing after camping. The police issued an appeal for their car. A farmer had called police to say he had spotted a car down a motorway embankment. The call handler noted the details on his notebook but never input it into the system so it was never followed up. It was another few days before they found the car. The lady (Lamara Bell) was still alive at that point but unfortunately she had been trapped for too long and died later due to organ damage. Her partner had already died but i'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that he died in the crash or due to being in the car for several days.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
A couple went missing after camping. The police issued an appeal for their car. A farmer had called police to say he had spotted a car down a motorway embankment. The call handler noted the details on his notebook but never input it into the system so it was never followed up. It was another few days before they found the car. The lady (Lamara Bell) was still alive at that point but unfortunately she had been trapped for too long and died later due to organ damage. Her partner had already died but i'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that he died in the crash or due to being in the car for several days.
Oh that is awful. I'll have a read up on it.

Reactions: 3
Heartbreaking. I lost my nephew recently in a tragic way and his friends at the funeral broke me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
My heart goes out to you and all those who loved him. I am so very sorry.

Reactions: 4
Oh my goodness, that tribute for Harvey 😥
They all sounded like such wonderful boys.
I'm trying to get my boys to sleep now and they are doing my head in, then this paragraph just got me crying in their bedroom
"I’ve lost my boy, the boy I absolutely adored, and I can’t accept that I won’t be able to hold him again or tell him I love him again.”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My goodness, what a beautiful but also heartbreaking tribute. I've shed a few years reading it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Such a ridiculous freak accident. If they hit a tree when they skidded off the road at least some of them would have survived.

The only hope is if it was very cold and they experienced cold water shock, it could have been almost instant that they stopped being aware. I didn’t know anything about it before the Nicola Bulley case but it can mean that you are incapacitated quickly and silently.

There’s info here:

Reactions: 5
My eldest is 16. I can’t stop thinking about these boys and their families. The sudden loss of them just as their lives are beginning 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4